Richard Sherman Arrested

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm interested to understand why this comes as no surprise to you.  Personally, I've never viewed Sherman as anything but an extremely confident, opinionated, elite football player who played the game the right way.  I never saw any indication that he was a "bad man," in any way - especially off the field.

I'd like to know what has made you obviously think otherwise.

OK - first off - I will admit this will come across elitist but the "RICH ENTITLED ATHLETE" mentality he exhibits tends to make me believe more than not he has a deficit in his character make up.  I know it sounds morally superior but the optics to me are hard to shake.  Compound that with the fact that he is in the NFL....pressures abound and what not and it seem like quite a few players make some of the damndest decisions known.

Using the word "thug" was wrong on my part - I admit that - however in my eye he is just another one of those "I'm a rich NFL player, I can and will do what I want".  I am sorry for any angst I created by my initial broad brush depiction.

Kwai

Edited by Kwai San
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well we don’t know what he did yet…

Thats true. I'm just saying for him not to get bail if it's not worse that (which is unimaginable to think) then that would raise a eyebrow

Edited by Protocal69

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

OK - first off - I will admit this will come across racist but the "thug" mentality he exhibits tends to make me believe more than not he has a deficit in his character make up.  I know it sounds racist but the optics to me are hard to shake.  Compound that with the fact that he is in the NFL....pressures abound and what not and it seem like quite a few players make some of the damndest decisions known.

What actions of his are are describing as "thug mentality"? Interested in the optics.

• Like (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know about good dude, but he’s always been relatively smart.  He’s a Stanford grad., and you don’t get in there even if you’re are a great athlete unless you’re very bright.  

this was a surprise to me.  I never pegged him for a dumb decision, but my guess and just a guess befor knowing anything, it’s a relationship that became ugly  and trying to get something back important to him.

who knows?  She could have done something rotten and he handled badly.  Then again, he not be who he portrays himself to be either.  It will eventually come out.  It always does at some point.

For his sake, I hope he was just a jolted guy trying to get back a momento or something.

didn't he have an 1100 and change SAT?  that's not very bright and way way below what people who don't even get accepted into stanford score.

5 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

OK - first off - I will admit this will come across racist but the "thug" mentality he exhibits tends to make me believe more than not he has a deficit in his character make up.  I know it sounds racist but the optics to me are hard to shake.  Compound that with the fact that he is in the NFL....pressures abound and what not and it seem like quite a few players make some of the damndest decisions known.

you still have time to delete this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, colin said:

didn't he have an 1100 and change SAT?  that's not very bright and way way below what people who don't even get accepted into stanford score.

You realize he grew up in, and went to school in, Compton? He didn't exactly have the same educational/college prep opportunities as the vast majority of HS kids who took that test.

That 1100 is equivalent to a much higher score if he attended a public school in a middle class suburb.

2 minutes ago, colin said:

You're right in that he's no genius, but an 1100+ SAT on the old scale is above average.  It's not as if he's an idiot from a pure intelligence perspective (not decision making obviously).  But yes, nowhere close to normal admit scores for Stanford (any Ivy or any other top 25 university).

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think he is done for his career unless he gets fully cleared. Unlike other players who have come back from this Sherman is older and on the decline. Team's were going to take him on as even if he isn't what he once was he still had some value but now I just don't see teams wanting all this drama for a guy who maybe had one or two more years left as a serviceable number 2 corner left.

I think his career was done even without this.  The game I saw him lay versus the Bills last year he was old and slow, we toyed with him.  J Allen threw for 4 tds, 0 picks and 375 yards.  Sherman was an empty uniform out there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

You realize he grew up in, and went to school in, Compton? He didn't exactly have the same educational/college prep opportunities as the vast majority of HS kids who took that test.

That 1100 is equivalent to a much higher score if he attended a public school in a middle class suburb.

He also was his school's salutatorian, was voted most likely to succeed and graduated with a 4.2 GPA.  He's no dummy.

• Like (+1) 3

Per article on ESPN regarding the bail denial:

The records state he was denied bail but a spokesman for the Redmond (Washington) Police Department told ESPN that is standard procedure for suspects in a domestic violence incident until they can appear before a judge.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31816786/richard-sherman-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-denied-bail

Also:

The spokesman, who would not confirm the name of the person taken into custody, said a 911 call from the residence was received at 2 a.m. PT. The person calling said that an adult male family member who did not live at the residence was attempting to force his way into the home.

When police arrived, the suspect was located outside the home. He fought with police but was eventually apprehended and taken to a local hospital to be checked but was cleared and then booked into the King County Correctional Facility.

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

He also was his school's salutatorian, was voted most likely to succeed and graduated with a 4.2 GPA.  He's no dummy.

That cannot be true.  Just look at him and listen to the things that come out of his mouth!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He always came across as a racist POS to me

Do you have any quotes from Sherman that made you feel this way?  Or was it just his dreadlocks?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Per article on ESPN regarding the bail denial:

The records state he was denied bail but a spokesman for the Redmond (Washington) Police Department told ESPN that is standard procedure for suspects in a domestic violence incident until they can appear before a judge.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31816786/richard-sherman-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-denied-bail

Also:

The spokesman, who would not confirm the name of the person taken into custody, said a 911 call from the residence was received at 2 a.m. PT. The person calling said that an adult male family member who did not live at the residence was attempting to force his way into the home.

When police arrived, the suspect was located outside the home. He fought with police but was eventually apprehended and taken to a local hospital to be checked but was cleared and then booked into the King County Correctional Facility.

Ahh thank you! That makes a ton of sense, and actually seems like a pretty good rule, so long as you can get the accused in front of a judge ASAP

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I had to venture an educated guess, as it's being investigated as a felony...that may indicate that a firearm was present. 

It also said he "fought" with the police, which could also result in a felony.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know about good dude, but he’s always been relatively smart.  He’s a Stanford grad., and you don’t get in there even if you’re are a great athlete unless you’re very bright.  

this was a surprise to me.  I never pegged him for a dumb decision, but my guess and just a guess befor knowing anything, it’s a relationship that became ugly  and trying to get something back important to him.

who knows?  She could have done something rotten and he handled badly.  Then again, he not be who he portrays himself to be either.  It will eventually come out.  It always does at some point.

For his sake, I hope he was just a jolted guy trying to get back a momento or something.

Tends to be that the guy who thinks he is the smartest in the room is too arrogant to understand he isnt. 

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Being book smart does not preclude you from being a dummy

Edited by thenorthremembers