Seahawks game on NFL network Jacob Hollister

I watched the Bills Seahawks game on NFL network last night as I hadn't seen it before.  I was amazed how many passes Hollister caught in that game to keep the Seahawks in the game.  Didn't know much about him before we signed him, but I can see why the Bills were impressed.  Anxious to see how he does for us.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He is more consistent and a better pass catching TE than Knox, and he sure as hell is gunning for the #1 TE designation in this team, wether that happens or not Idk, but it is one of those TC battles to watch.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I still wouldn't be shocked to see a vet TE added to the mix, maybe Ertz maybe someone of lesser name value. But Hollister should be in the mix to take snaps from Knox and any possible vet they bring in. I like the level of depth and competition on the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Saint, I don’t disagree, but he was relegated to the third TE in Seattle.  He has a chance as Don points out for the 1st position with us given how weak that position group is on our team.

Considering Holloster has a 67% completion vs. 55% for Knox, and was a teammate of Allen at Wyoming, I think very probable he has a chance.  Should be a fun camp.  Let the best sticky hands man win.  I don’t care

which is #1 as long as they prove it on the field.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Personally, I think people are crazy to think that Hollister is going to be a major contributor. He is your average, run of the mill TE that you can find on any team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

As I have said before and others have also said - may the best TE win and may JA thrive with that person.  Hope not tooo many catches are taken from Diggs.

Honestly knox made some plays.  I just think backside blocking in the outside zone was poor - be it him or daryl williams.  That needs to improve.  

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Personally, I think people are crazy to think that Hollister is going to be a major contributor. He is your average, run of the mill TE that you can find on any team.

How many of those TE's have a college connection to Josh?

Maybe that doesn't help, but it certainly can't hurt his chances....

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Which, while probably true, is a major indictment on our TE group.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I watched the Bills Seahawks game on NFL network last night as I hadn't seen it before.  I was amazed how many passes Hollister caught in that game to keep the Seahawks in the game.  Didn't know much about him before we signed him, but I can see why the Bills were impressed.  Anxious to see how he does for us.

He had a monster game. Granted it might have been one of his best by far. 

TBH I thought he made a few very nice catches when the Bills played Seattle this year.  One reason I’m kind of guarded about him is that he was signed pretty late in FA.  Usually there’s a reason players for players not getting signed earlier 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Which, while probably true, is a major indictment on our TE group.

You'd start him over Knox? Knox has almost matched Hollister's career stats in 2 seasons, whereas Hollister has been in the league for 4 seasons.

I just think Hollister seems like a depth signing. But hey, we'll see.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I still wouldn't be shocked to see a vet TE added to the mix, maybe Ertz maybe someone of lesser name value. But Hollister should be in the mix to take snaps from Knox and any possible vet they bring in. I like the level of depth and competition on the team. 

First time I'm reading this and I think its a wonderful idea!! 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

I dunno dude - there is that past history betwixt Hollister and JA....surely that has to account for something???  Would I start him over Know?  I would have to be the coach to make that call.....I kinda trust their judgement a weeeee bit more that myself and other TBD posters.

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yet, with a 12 point better catch percentage than our number 1 guy, yes Hollister is not a super star, but he does appear to be dependable, from his college years to present, and as stated, that is an improvement over Knox at this time, should this hold true, I for one will take that improvement. At any rate it’s another TC competition to keep an eye on. 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Personally, I think people are crazy to think Josh Allen is going to be quality NFL starter.  He is your typical big arm, inaccurate QB from a small school.  (sarc)

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Personally, I think people are crazy to think Josh Allen is going to be quality NFL starter.  He is your typical big arm, inaccurate QB from a small school.  (sarc)

Sloppy footwork and played against subpar competition too.  What a bum.

Hollister must be as well!

• Like (+1) 1