Delanie Walker wants to sign with contender, will accept reduced role

On 7/13/2021 at 9:24 PM, devldog131 said:

He said it:

"But for right now, I couldn't tell you who I will be playing for or what teams are looking at me. They talk to me, but at the end of the day I feel like they think that the ankle is a problem, and my age, so teams are really not trying to give me a good deal I feel like. 

"We'll see what happens in a time of need, when they really need a tight end."

"teams are really not trying to give me a good deal I feel like"

Sounds like a guy whose last deal was 2 yr/$17M with $10.5M guaranteed at signing, still coming to terms with the fact that when you're 36 and haven't really played for 3 years (2 years injured, sat out last year), your offers are pretty much gonna be limited to "vet salary benefit" deals

I don't think we have a lot of talent at TE, but I think to maximize the potential of the guys we got, we need to focus on them and give them all the reps and coaching.  I don't think bringing in a 36 yr old who hasn't played for 3 years is the answer.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I wanted him until some jerks here pointed out he has a total of 25 catches the past 3 years combined. I did not realize how far he has fallen.

Well, he opted out last season and spent most of the previous 2 seasons on IR so...I'd rather see us keep a roster spot for Reggie Gilliam or an extra DLman

• Agree 1

Seeing as he is healthy and coming off a couple of seasons where he wasn't i think he could be the "Veteran" that McD likes to have that could contribute in a limited role at the right price he was a great player here in Nashville when he was healthy if he could be even close to that i think he would be a good get & help the younger players at the same time .

Sounds mostly like a plea for attention,(I was good once) that and the reality of his situation that his ego has yet to come to terms with, he might be a good add for a team that’s trying to break out of the 8-8 quagmire…