The Bills are the only AFC East team to not be holding joint practices in TC

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good or bad move? I never liked joint practices because I fear injuries when the other team might be a tad careless or aggressive. But I do know teams get tired of going up against each other at some point too.

technically I guess they could still arrange this, but not much time left to do so 

Joint practices are for losing teams trying to rebuild!

11 hours ago, DJB said:

Even though Covid is trending down I still think this is a good decision with regards to limiting possible exposure. 

Good point. Didn't even think of that till you said it, but that makes total sense.

Generally I like joint practices, but don't think it's a very big issue either way.

• Like (+1) 1

I think joint practices give coaches headaches, and they are more helpful when you don’t really know what you have on your team.  If there were no preseason games I’d be more in favor of them.  I don’t want to see some other team’s 4th string wannabe rolling up on Josh Allen’s ankle because he’s desperate to make the team.

Bottom line — this decision will have little to no impact on the Bills’ preparedness for the regular season.

• Agree 2

We have 3 preseason games this year so plenty of time to evaluate players in game situations. If it was like last year with no preseason games then I could see the benefit of joint practices as that would be your only time against an opponent before the regular season starts.

We are farther along in our development (It's been a LONG time since anyone could say that.) then the other teams in our division. We basically know what we got and are concentrating on ourselves. In the past I saw value in having joint practices but being as things are now I'm fine with them going without one.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was the infamous site of …

This is one of the reasons that I cannot stand Newton.  After all that tough talk, he sat out the scrimmage.  There is a respectable way to talk smack and have fun.  Newton is just annoying and obnoxious.  A completely unlikeable person.  I am thoroughly enjoying watching him crash and burn the last couple years.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Agree 1

Teams barely seem to practice hard in training camp anymore.  At least not full contact.  And no more two a days.  Most joint practice sessions turn into all out brawls anyways.  Who needs that??  We have 3 preseason games to get in the groove and work out the kinks.  I am sure will be ready to steamroll the Steelers and their overrated coach, QB and entire roster for that matter come September.