The Bills are the only AFC East team to not be holding joint practices in TC

Good or bad move? I never liked joint practices because I fear injuries when the other team might be a tad careless or aggressive. But I do know teams get tired of going up against each other at some point too.

technically I guess they could still arrange this, but not much time left to do so 

Edited by YoloinOhio

It’s debatable.  Some football people think there is even more value in competitive practices than a pre season game.  If we weren’t playing WFT, I would’ve thought Sean and Rivera would’ve done something together.  I’ve noticed teams usually practice opposite conference and where there is a connection.

With three pre season games, I think that’s fine.  I just want every opportunity to evaluate our depth.

• Like (+1) 1

The FO is not letting out any info, extraneous or otherwise for other teams to see any sooner than is necessary, no need for some loser azs team to see anything we are doing as prep work for the season, buckle up ladies and gentlemen, the ride is about to start.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I understand the point of getting tired going up against your teammates.  But at the same time, your teammate isn’t going to put extra juice on the hit.  The other guy on the other team trying to make the roster will be a little more umpf into it.

Unless your teammate is JP Losman or Aaron Maybin….no holding back against them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Good. I don't see the value in joint practices.

Only value I SEE is the practicing against a different team and scrimmaging them.. gives the younger players that 4th unofficial game get up to speed.. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Only value I SEE is the practicing against a different team and scrimmaging them.. gives the younger players that 4th unofficial game get up to speed.. 

The 4th preseason game will probably just be folded into the 3rd game still giving the starters the game off. 1st game will probably be 1 qrtr starters and 2nd one a half, don't really need more than that.

Good, I've never been a fan of joint practices. They make me nervous for reasons Yolo already alluded to.

3 preseason games is enough contact with other teams before the real games begin imo.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it’s a bad decision for the roster fringe.  With rookies missing last offseason and one less preseason game this year, it’s less time in a competitive atmosphere for the roster fringe/depth. 

That said, overall likely won’t matter. 

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Going to see the Bills practice against the Panthers in SC 2019 was a real treat, great memory—but I do understand why they wouldn’t want to have a joint session this year. 

Same here.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was cool meeting old bills like Pete Metzelaars, Joe D. and Steve Tasker, having McBean come chat at the fence, etc.  AFAIK no Bills were seriously hurt, either.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Colorado Mike said:

Same here.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was cool meeting old bills like Pete Metzelaars, Joe D. and Steve Tasker, having McBean come chat at the fence, etc.  AFAIK no Bills were seriously hurt, either.

That was the infamous site of …

• Like (+1) 1