Strangest Bills Jersey You Own

Jamie Mueller #39

Also an authentic (direct from Champion in 1990) white Jeff Wright jersey

And an authentic blue Kirby Jackson #47 received from Kirby himself 

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

You could have broken the ice with something casual like, "can you help me look for my puppy?"

While driving a white windowless cargo van.

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

From my younger years as gifts for a kid who made it readily obvious to anyone that sports and specifically the Buffalo Bills were the most important/only serious concerns in my life>  #12 Home Kelly jersey, #34 Away Thomas, #97 Biscuit custom, #78 Smtih, #37 Odomes not really all that strange

Later on in the lost years my go to jersey's were my #24 home Terrence McGee and #26 away Antoine Winfield, and #93 udfa big Pat Williams

Currently #55 Hughes is the go to, for lots of reasons both obvious and not

We watched Trent Edwards start a season opener against the Dolphins and he got whooped... bad!  He took a sack on the opening play of the first drive.  

Later in the game a guy with an Edwards Jersey stood up on his seat (section 123-ish) and took off the jersey.  He growled, roared and contorted his face while he tore the jersey into shreds.  Those of us in that section laughed our asses off and went wild cheering him on.  It was the best thing I saw that day.  I don't remember if Trent finished that game (I believe he did).  My recollection is that the shredding happened late, probably fourth quarter.

Not super "strange", but I have an authentic Donte Whitner (ugly white one) and a blue Terrence McGee.  Both from the ugly uniform era.  I don't wear jerseys all that much any more (I have like 15 or so), because I find them way too uncomfortable, living in a very hot climate...but if I do wear one, it is either the McGee or Lee Evans...or a blue Chris Spileman from the 90's.  

Ok, I have a kid’s XL Troy Vincent #23 jersey that I picked up on clearance from NFLshop.com. I bought some dark blue Nike shimmer basketball shorts at goodwill, cut a rectangle out of them and sewed it over the nameplate. Then I took the jersey to the local sporting goods store and had them screen print “LYNCH” on the back. Total cost: $21. Pretty sweet. 

He was traded 3 months later.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:09 AM, Rubes said:

I've mentioned this here sometime in the past, but this is the thread for it, so here goes. Bear with me.

Few years back the mother-in-law from Illlinois was fishing for ideas for a holiday gift for me, so I decided a Bills t-shirt would be a decent option. So I went to the Bills shop online and picked out three different options for her. I emailed her the choices, numbered #1 through #3 with the URL links, and told her if she couldn't decide on one then I thought the second one, #2, would be my top choice. Seemed like a reasonable plan.

Fast forward to the gift exchange evening. By this point I had long forgotten about that email. It's my turn to open up a gift, so I grab the one from her. I rip it open, open up the box, and here I am looking at a Bills jersey. A nice one, too. So I lift it out of the box and I begin to see it's an authentic Bills blue home jersey with the  number 2 on it, and the name Carpenter across the back. She got me a real Dan Carpenter jersey.

So I'm looking at this thing trying to comprehend not only why she got me a Bills jersey, but why I'm staring at an authentic Dan Carpenter jersey. I mean, it was a really nice jersey of course, and I always thought Dan seemed pretty cool and was a good kicker, but let's face it, it was a Dan Carpenter the kicker jersey. This is a woman who's from Illinois, knows almost nothing about football, even less about the Bills, and certainly had never even heard the name Dan Carpenter in her entire life to this point. It was just so puzzling I didn't know what to say at first.

I didn't have the heart to ask her about it, but my best guess is that she somehow interpreted my email to mean that I wanted a #2 Bills jersey, not the #2 option of Bills t-shirts that I had sent her. How she made that leap I'll never know, but for quite some time that evening I was absolutely perplexed.

In any case, I wore it to a couple of Bills games, and it was pretty funny. I figure I'm the only person outside of Dan's family to have one of those.

Bro- thank you for that story.   That had me laughing hard enough that my wife asked me what I was reading.    Too funny and I could literally picture that scene on Christmas morning.  

Well done and the fact that you showed up to a game with that on is awesome.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 3:47 PM, aceman_16 said:

Kiko Alonso (I won it and I use it to check my oil dipsticks)

I got one too.  Been sitting in the closet for years.  I'm waiting for Rousseau to become a beast and I'll get the nameplate changed.

I told this story before...........it was a drunken purchase at the Ralph!  LOL.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, Greg S said:

Not a Bills or NFL jersey but who remembers this one.....

image.png.09d47105789df3661517aad904e5fbd6.png

I have vague recollection of having a #30 Bills jersey as a kid (Wayne Patrick).  I do not recall if had name on jersey - may have just been the number only and Bills colors.

Edited by ChasBB
more detail

On 7/14/2021 at 12:29 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Have such mixed feelings looking at this ;). The fact that it’s even in road white like XXV unis were, adds to the angst a bit? 

That was the intention. I used the "1" from two Mitchell and Ness Super Bowl XXV Jim Kelly jerseys to make "11".  Then I had the custom "NORWOOD" nameplate added.  It has the Super Bowl patch and everything. Just a way embrace the suffering and have a sense of humor about things during the depths of the drought era.

• Haha (+1) 1