Strangest Bills Jersey You Own

I've mentioned this here sometime in the past, but this is the thread for it, so here goes. Bear with me.

Few years back the mother-in-law from Illlinois was fishing for ideas for a holiday gift for me, so I decided a Bills t-shirt would be a decent option. So I went to the Bills shop online and picked out three different options for her. I emailed her the choices, numbered #1 through #3 with the URL links, and told her if she couldn't decide on one then I thought the second one, #2, would be my top choice. Seemed like a reasonable plan.

Fast forward to the gift exchange evening. By this point I had long forgotten about that email. It's my turn to open up a gift, so I grab the one from her. I rip it open, open up the box, and here I am looking at a Bills jersey. A nice one, too. So I lift it out of the box and I begin to see it's an authentic Bills blue home jersey with the  number 2 on it, and the name Carpenter across the back. She got me a real Dan Carpenter jersey.

So I'm looking at this thing trying to comprehend not only why she got me a Bills jersey, but why I'm staring at an authentic Dan Carpenter jersey. I mean, it was a really nice jersey of course, and I always thought Dan seemed pretty cool and was a good kicker, but let's face it, it was a Dan Carpenter the kicker jersey. This is a woman who's from Illinois, knows almost nothing about football, even less about the Bills, and certainly had never even heard the name Dan Carpenter in her entire life to this point. It was just so puzzling I didn't know what to say at first.

I didn't have the heart to ask her about it, but my best guess is that she somehow interpreted my email to mean that I wanted a #2 Bills jersey, not the #2 option of Bills t-shirts that I had sent her. How she made that leap I'll never know, but for quite some time that evening I was absolutely perplexed.

In any case, I wore it to a couple of Bills games, and it was pretty funny. I figure I'm the only person outside of Dan's family to have one of those.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I own two Rob Johnson jerseys (along with two RJ t-shirts). 

Some might question my judgment in evaluating QB talent. 

Ill see you’re Johnson and raise you a Wang.  We’ll, Not really.  I honestly don’t think they ever made a Wang Jersey.

11 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Coy Wire. He crushed a guy in a preseason game (a lions RB IIRC) and I thought he was going to be really good in our 46 defense. We signed Lawyer Malloy a few days later. 

Honorable mention is a Gilmore #27 rookie jersey. 

I will see your Gilmore jersey and raise you a Terrence McGee 24 road white

I debated whether to change the name plate on the Gilmore to White .

Drew Bledsoe

His and Hers Trentative Edwards (how could you not billieve the hype coming from a HOF coach)

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ill see you’re Johnson and raise you a Wang.  We’ll, Not really.  I honestly don’t think they ever made a Wang Jersey.

I think Sherlock Holmes probably has one or two...🤨

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Drew Bledsoe

The Bills Bledsoe jersey could aptly go on any of the statues they're taking down in cities to atone for sins of previous generations.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I cursed players as soon as I got their jersey....

Losman...enough said

Spikes--tore his Achilles that season..in fact, it was the day after I met him at the Sundowner strip club in Niagara Falls

Alonso--was traded months later

posluszny--Left in free agency after that year

Spiller..After his 1 good season

I just ordered an Allen jersey...I hope I have let enough time to pass to break the curse 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Lol I did and was pissed. I have never owned a non chinese knock off jersey before that one. Want to buy it? It is well-greased!

I think we'd all be pissed if we gave it our all in a high stakes "fillet-shio" contest in the back of an old Chevelle in dirt lot and the grand prize was a Kiko jersey.

Edited by Jauronimo