I watched Playoff Caliber: End of the Drought from my DVR again...and yes I cried

That was a terrific video to watch.  It's amazing how much emotion was tied into this.  I'm also a Pirates fan who endured more than 20 years of losing seasons so when they finally broke through in 2015 and made the playoffs as well was a similar emotion.  Can't wait for Sabres to do the same however unlikely it seems right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, teef said:

i didn't cry...mostly because i'm a real man.

During man training I had my tear ducts cauterized 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GETTING FIRED UP FOR THE SEASON!!!!  You don't get to judge me!

...some of you can judge me...you know who you are.

And I didn't girly cry (not that there is anything wrong with that and I mean nothing against any gender here).  I super manly cried.  I was like Spartacus.  My tears were moving.  

I AM Spartacus...losers.

One month 'til kickoff.  Go Bills!

I get tears in my watching America’s Got Talent….I won’t judge you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

does it just come out as extra brow sweat?

Yup, it has increased my manly aroma, the chicks just love it…

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

I had tears in my eyes - and a few rolled down my cheeks - when Andy Dalton finally put our drought to an end.  Not ashamed at all.

Ditto. Still do! Choked up watching this -for the hundredth time😲

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't think I'll ever forget watching the end of the Bengals-Ravens game after they switched over from the Dolphins game.  I totally cried and it was arguably the greatest sports day of my life.  (The comeback was probably bigger in the grand scheme of things, but I didn't fully appreciate it at the time the same way I did with breaking the drought).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

That was a terrific video to watch.  It's amazing how much emotion was tied into this.  I'm also a Pirates fan who endured more than 20 years of losing seasons so when they finally broke through in 2015 and made the playoffs as well was a similar emotion.  Can't wait for Sabres to do the same however unlikely it seems right now.

Fellow Pirates fan here—that drought was simply, epic. To root for the Bills and the Buccos at the same time during overlapping extreme droughts was an exercise in grim endurance! 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I get tears in my watching America’s Got Talent….I won’t judge you.

The man who lost his wife with Kobe, and the little girl that sings opera.

Are you kidding me?!

You are officially a robot if you don't cry.  

You know, Royale, as a country and generally as a people and the way our society runs today, well we are just super hard on each other.

But glory be if I don't love those times when we cheer each other on.  It's infectious.  

Oh, and I am looking at you, too, American Ninja.  I just wish we could channel that to other aspects of our daily interactions.

Here's hoping, though.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was at that game in Miami on New Year's Eve. I had the live stream of the Cin/Bal game on my phone as we exited the stadium. My stream must have been like 30 seconds ahead because I watched Dalton throw that TD and started running around the lot screaming how we made the playoffs like i just won the Powerball while other post game tailgating Bills fans were clueless. Once they saw the play,  they understood....... and also began to act the fool.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The man who lost his wife with Kobe, and the little girl that sings opera.

Are you kidding me?!

You are officially a robot if you don't cry.  

You know, Royale, as a country and generally as a people and the way our society runs today, well we are just super hard on each other.

But glory be if I don't love those times when we cheer each other on.  It's infectious.  

Oh, and I am looking at you, too, American Ninja.  I just wish we could channel that to other aspects of our daily interactions.

Here's hoping, though.

That guy was brave and it was a tear jerker.  I don’t think he makes it past the next round…his voice is good but not great.  So far the Korean Quartet have been the best singers.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, teef said:

bro...those were ghost pepper wings.  real men eat ghost pepper wings.  for the record, it wasn't my belly that was sore.  

Reminds me of my brother-in-law yelling from the bathroom "DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME ICE?!?!?"

Edited by timekills17