Mahomes apparently not threatened by Justin Herbert in division

On 7/15/2021 at 3:43 AM, Joe Ferguson said:

Mahomes is indeed an arrogant douche. I also can't stand the Chefs fans. Bunch of insufferable cocky douches. Thank God they lost last year's Super Bowl. 

It really was a lose-lose situation. 

Either chiefs win and they get more insufferable or Brady wins and we get to deal with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:23 PM, Protocal69 said:

I totally agree. Can Herbert adjust to what teams will do in 2021. I still feel Josh is the better QB of course but people just assume that Josh is the better athlete when while it's close Herbert gets the slight nod at this point

Asking again - "slight nod" based on what?  Anything besides 3 out of 5 combine numbers?

Chargers could be a real contender as soon as this year.

And it was somewhat of a shrewd move by the Chargers front office passing on an offensive guy like daboll for their new head coach and hiring a defensive guy like Staley because if anything offense wasn't the problem there plus we got to keep daboll for at least one more season and SB run.

Don't sleep on the Raiders either, they were a few plays away from sweeping the Chiefs last year and had one of the better offseason on paper as the pressure is mounting there on both Carr and Gruden to make the playoffs and some noise.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Chargers have a good team which IMO has been under-achieving for several years.  Maybe I'm wrong there.

It will be interesting to see whether Joe Lombardi's system suits Herbert as well, and whether Staley gets more out of the team.

What does this mean?

It just means from just a pure athletic and intelligence standpoint Josh Allen and Justin Herbert is neck and neck in abilities. Thats not to say Justin Herbert is better than Josh Allen its just to say the way they built are very similar. Thats all

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

It just means from just a pure athletic and intelligence standpoint Josh Allen and Justin Herbert is neck and neck in abilities. Thats not to say Justin Herbert is better than Josh Allen its just to say the way they built are very similar. Thats all

But you don't keep saying they are "neck and neck".   The post I responded to said that Herbert got the "nod" (or slight nod) as the "better athlete"

Previously you said "I said Herbert was slightly more athletic based on data"

And earlier you said "By every physical metric Justin Herbert is just a shade better than Josh"

I think it's totally reasonable to ask what your criteria are for saying these things.  What are your criteria?

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Asking again - "slight nod" based on what?  Anything besides 3 out of 5 combine numbers?

RAS score a combination of several athletic traits. Combined with wonderlic score and their weight and height shows two QB that are similar. Not sure whats more to explain. 

How about you do this. There is a little service called NFL gamepass. How about you get a subscription and watch the all the Charger games from week 2 on and then come back if you still have questions regarding the physical and mental similaries between Josh Allen and Justin Herbert

17 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

RAS score a combination of several athletic traits. Combined with wonderlic score and their weight and height shows two QB that are similar. Not sure whats more to explain. 

How about you do this. There is a little service called NFL gamepass. How about you get a subscription and watch the all the Charger games from week 2 on and then come back if you still have questions regarding the physical and mental similaries between Josh Allen and Justin Herbert

Typically, when a guy makes a claim, it's "up to" him to explain or defend it.

Your claims are: Herbert got the "nod" (or slight nod) as the "better athlete" "I said Herbert was slightly more athletic based on data"

"By every physical metric Justin Herbert is just a shade better than Josh"

OK, so now I have an answer: you are making these claims because Justin Herbert has a RAS of 9.69 and Josh Allen has a RAS of 9.67

I don't think RAS and wonderlic are the be-all and end-all of functional athletic abilities and football IQ, myself, but if you want to hang your hat on a 0.02 difference in RAS and a 39 vs a 37 on a test many consider not particularly predictive of QB performance, Good for You.

The last half of your post is just irrelevant snark.  I have a Gamepass description, and watching their games won't help me understand exactly what you mean when you claim the above.

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chargers could be a real contender as soon as this year.

And it was somewhat of a shrewd move by the Chargers front office passing on an offensive guy like daboll for their new head coach and hiring a defensive guy like Staley because if anything offense wasn't the problem there plus we got to keep daboll for at least one more season and SB run.

Don't sleep on the Raiders either, they were a few plays away from sweeping the Chiefs last year and had one of the better offseason on paper as the pressure is mounting there on both Carr and Gruden to make the playoffs and some noise.

Not saying that statement is 

wrong, but they hired all new offensive coaches. May have kept the OL coach.

i think their defense will be pretty bad this year 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 7/17/2021 at 8:05 AM, soflabillsfan1 said:

Not taking anyone over Josh but damn, Herbert wowed the hell out of me.  Thank god the fins didn't select him.

Coming in late to this thread, but yes, Herbert showed a lot last season in both stats and what I saw of his instincts and touch on passes. Chiefs are probably still the best in the AFC on paper, but….

B4AE842E-96EA-405E-91E7-86143E0FAC5D.jpeg