Mahomes apparently not threatened by Justin Herbert in division

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You need to try 'Orange Sherbet' mango sorbet then lol

Used to have it as a kid there.  My dad played in a softball team so after his gang had an adult beverage back at the KofC, and us kids played hide and seek or whatever we’d press our parents to go to Franceil’s on the way home and it was always orange, or my fav. Lime sherbet.  Simple times before a nighttime swim in our above ground pool.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

There is nothing wrong with appreciating Josh talent but he is not the only talented QB in the league

No, what is happening in this thread is that you and some others are calling Allen and Herbert “clones” — it’s been said more than once.  Herbert has a lot of ability and had an excellent rookie year.  He’s not Allen.  Period.

22 minutes ago, eball said:

No, what is happening in this thread is that you and some others are calling Allen and Herbert “clones” — it’s been said more than once.  Herbert has a lot of ability and had an excellent rookie year.  He’s not Allen.  Period.

The biggest difference I see between the two of them, based on what I’ve actually observed, is the leadership stuff. Herbert doesn’t have the super competitive “I will do whatever it takes to will this team to win” factor I saw immediately with Allen and Burrow (two rookies that come to mind). He may have it, I just haven’t seen it. Brady has it. Herbert seems very laid back. Again just observation from afar. 

3 hours ago, eball said:

To be fair here, Herbert is extremely athletic, just like Allen. They are relatively the same height and size. The athleticism, separate from arm talent is on par. What separates Josh from Herbert is his leadership, competitiveness and of course arm talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

If you can't see the comparisons then you my friend is blind or you don't watch Charger games.What I said was. they are  near clones if you want to get technical. Its almost like you are mad cause you thought you was the only with money then realized someone got almost just as much as you do in the room type of mentality and now you mad cause now your ego is hurt.

Its not just a couple of fans in a message board who think that. A lot of people think the same and it doesn't  mean that it has to be true but because I watch the games I can make that opinion without just looking at a bunch of highlights.

Josh is my favorite QB in the league that is A FACT by a large margin. I spend an unhealthy amount of time defending him on youtube and twitter under another username. Its funny because I was the one that started the thread and video of Is Josh a Generational talent. So NEVER question my Fandom for my QB.

With that being said I still watch the games and when I watch Herbert I'm ALWAYS saying 'Damn that reminds me of Allen and if look at the RAS scores and Wonderlic score it is not crazy to see the similarities in the size, weight, IQ, mobility. Where they are different is bone structure and I feel like Josh is stronger and more competitive by far.

So at the end of the day you need to get out of your feelings and enjoy our QB but recognize that it is ok to compare QB good,bad, and indifferent.

1 hour ago, cisco2403 said:

To be fair here, Herbert is extremely athletic, just like Allen. They are relatively the same height and size. The athleticism, separate from arm talent is on par. What separates Josh from Herbert is his leadership, competitiveness and of course arm talent. 

That's all I was trying to say but people like Eball are all in there feelings . Its too funny.

Edited by Protocal69
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, cisco2403 said:

Justin Herbert runs over linebacker

Josh Allen runs over linebacker

Josh Allen runs OVER linebacker

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 11:26 AM, Protocal69 said:

By every physical metric Justin Herbert is just a shade better than Josh. Justin Herbert Wonderlic was a couple points better than Josh as well

I personally think the thing that Josh can hang his hat on over Herbert is his competive nature and his willingness to get better. I not saying Herbert doesn't have it, I just haven't seen it yet from him.

Herbert was blessed to be more polished coming out and going to a stacked offensive team. 

Reading in between the lines you can replace Herbert name with Allen and Mahomes is probably going to say the same thing about believing it when he sees it which is crazy.

The Wonderlic? Really? Lol I bet you’re the type who measures peoples intelligence by their IQ score. As far as physical measurables go, Josh Allen is a superior athlete and certified dual threat w/ 25 rushing TDs to his name. Let’s see Herbert do that first before you annoint him a better athlete. Herbert had a great rookie season, but let’s see how he does w/ his game tape out. 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:42 AM, DJB said:

Mahomes is a grade A douche and is quickly becoming one of my most hated players in the league. 

Mahomes is indeed an arrogant douche. I also can't stand the Chefs fans. Bunch of insufferable cocky douches. Thank God they lost last year's Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:54 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I hope the chiefs DBs try to play their grabby poo with the chargers WRs and get roasted by the refs. Would like to see them get lit up again. 

That would only happen if Cry Baby were the opposing QB for the Chargers.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:03 AM, dneveu said:

With baseball doing what they can to get away from pitching substances it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of a crackdown to continue to boost offense.  Then again the NFL has that hockey feel in the playoffs of "letting them play".  

Ask the Packers about "letting them play" in last years NFC Championship Game.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:44 AM, Bills Survivor said:

You gotta love how he was trying to smugly dismiss that guy and ended up making himself look not only like a prick but a moron as well. He may actually be a bigger knob than Brady.

Impossible.

Brady is the ultimate scum of the Earth, and that's an insult to scum.

On 7/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, starrymessenger said:

Not only did Damien Wilson not know where he was, he didn’t know he should be somewhere.

Just a really hard collision from both sides.. if you actually break it down in super slow mo 

Damian Wilson absolutely hits Herbert hard.. he knocks herbert backward.. just didn't have good technique and knocked himself out 

I wouldn't say Herbert ran him over.. because In slow mo you can tell Herbert actually got cracked... He just absorbed it better

Edited by Buffalo716

On 7/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Isn’t Hebert a poster on this board?🤪🏋️♂️🦬😜

Just kidding JMF.  The reality is what is Mahomes supposed to say.  Herbert is a talented guy.  I’m just sitting here bein happy (LW reference- for the youngins that’s Lethal Weapon) he wasn’t taken by Miami.  The Fins would be tough if they picked him over Tua Time.  The rest of their team is solid.  They should be spending $238 mil. Last year and 21 draft picks in two years.

Agreed.   Tough break for the Bengals and Burrow, but Herbert after Tua could be the 2020 version of Allen after Darnold

OK, I'm sure Sam is a nice guy and had a tough break with the Jets, but the point was they traded up and used a #3 pick on him and 3 seasons later still needed a QB

On 7/13/2021 at 8:50 AM, Greg S said:

Good bulletin board material for Herbert. The Chiefs are still the favored in the division but the Chargers should challenge them as they have a good team also. The games where they play each other should be fun to watch.

The Chargers have a good team which IMO has been under-achieving for several years.  Maybe I'm wrong there.

It will be interesting to see whether Joe Lombardi's system suits Herbert as well, and whether Staley gets more out of the team.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:26 AM, Protocal69 said:

By every physical metric Justin Herbert is just a shade better than Josh. Justin Herbert Wonderlic was a couple points better than Josh as well

What does this mean?

On 7/14/2021 at 12:25 AM, Dr.Sack said:

I love that Kelce (32) & Hill (27) are both 5 years into a historic offensive run, where both been either #1 or #2 in receiving yards on KC each season. Their window is closing and it might be faster than anyone realizes. 

In 2018, when KC still had Mitch Morse playing well, two good OT's and LDT's (Laurent Duvarney Tardiff, MD) having his best season....Mahomes threw 50/5000.  What is interesting about that is, if you take away the top 3 receivers Hill, Kelce and Watkins, Mahomes still threw for 1800 yards, 25 TDS on 125 completeions to the rest of the roster.  The window doens't close on great QB's.  If you have one, you are a contender every year.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Chargers have a good team which IMO has been under-achieving for several years.  Maybe I'm wrong there.

It will be interesting to see whether Joe Lombardi's system suits Herbert as well, and whether Staley gets more out of the team.

What does this mean?

He's saying that Herbert ran a better 40 time at the combine basically

Sure if you just arbitrarily look at something like 40 time, Herberts time is better

Speed doesn't work like that on the NFL field 

Justin Herbert is not as good as a runner as Josh.. he's not as strong, he doesn't have as good as velocity 

He's really talented but like a notch below Josh in most physical attributes

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's saying that Herbert ran a better 40 time at the combine basically

Sure if you just arbitrarily look at something like 40 time, Herberts time is better

Speed doesn't work like that on the NFL field 

Justin Herbert is not as good as a runner as Josh.. he's not as strong, he doesn't have as good as velocity 

He's really talented but like a notch below Josh in most physical attributes

OK, so if the point is Herbert had a better 40-time, vertical jump, and broad jump than Allen sure.

Allen had a slightly better 3 cone drill and 20 yd shuttle...so even there "By every physical metric Justin Herbert is just a shade better than Josh" isn't quite true

The thing is, not just Jordan Palmer but others are calling out Josh's physical talent for a reason.  I'm not saying this to diss on Herbert because I was very impressed with what I saw last season.  He was miles ahead of where Josh was as a rookie passer and even into his second season.  Cool, collected, good progressions.  He also had assistance Allen lacked, including a better OL than Josh had his rookie season and a stronger run game (independent of the QB).

I haven't seen Herbert run like Allen can - the ability to make people miss, to elude people.  It's been commented several places that Allen plays faster than his 40 time would suggest (in one interview with Pat McAfee, Allen responded "thank you, I think so too").

I personally feel that draftees rightly focus on their perceived gaps, leading up to the draft.  Herbert had a big stage with the Rose Bowl appearance and didn't face the "inaccurate" label that dogged Allen, so I think he focused a bit on training for the "underwear olympics".  Allen had "buzz" as a runner after his 2018 season at Wyo, and I think he focused pre-draft on improving his footwork and his throwing motion.

But Allen also trains with the same speed coach as Russ Wilson and Deshaun Watson, and I think it shows. 

Not saying Herbert couldn't develop his running to run more like Allen but he hasn't shown it yet.

18 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

In 2018, when KC still had Mitch Morse playing well, two good OT's and LDT's (Laurent Duvarney Tardiff, MD) having his best season....Mahomes threw 50/5000.  What is interesting about that is, if you take away the top 3 receivers Hill, Kelce and Watkins, Mahomes still threw for 1800 yards, 25 TDS on 125 completeions to the rest of the roster.  The window doens't close on great QB's.  If you have one, you are a contender every year.

When Kelce & Hill are not as dynamic of players the Chiefs won’t have 2018 production from WRs below them. Hill & Kelce in past 5 years I believe have accounted for over 50% of all passing yards. If Kelce who is born same year as Gronk 1989, starts slowing down  there will be a drop off. As a consequence there is will be a drop off in the production of all the receivers players below the two leaders.