Mahomes apparently not threatened by Justin Herbert in division

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

That how I look at them. Physically and IQ they are almost like clones. I would say that Josh is probality stronger though

And though I said Herbert was slightly more athletic based on data my personal preference between the 2 players is Allen of course due to the mental and competive make up between the two 

Josh Allen's clearly more athletic on the football field. Part of that is competitiveness, for sure. 👍

54 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

To me they are very close if comparing metrics. Josh did slightly better in agility drills and ball velocity. Herbert had a better vert, long jump and 40 time but again pretty close. They are almost clones. I do feel that Allen is a more dominating/intimidating presence on the football field but we will see how Herbert makes out this year.

My question was simple.  Tell me who has called Herbert possibly the most athletically gifted athlete to play QB in the NFL?  I've heard several say it about Josh.

I'll expand it a bit:

Who says Herbert has a better arm?

Who says Herbert is a better runner?

Who says Herbert is more competitive?

Who says Herbert is a better leader?

Don't quote me combine statistics -- show me highlights of Herbert stiff-arming D-linemen to the ground.

Lots of guys in the NFL have "similar builds."

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, eball said:

My question was simple.  Tell me who has called Herbert possibly the most athletically gifted athlete to play QB in the NFL?  I've heard several say it about Josh.

I'll expand it a bit:

Don't quote me combine statistics -- show me highlights of Herbert stiff-arming D-linemen to the ground.

Who? Maybe some Charger fans who are blind to the truth. It happens.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Didn't they go to OT and then beat the Chiefs? What is there to believe?

Mahomes not feeling threatened is one thing, he has no reason the feel threatened by anyone. Not even recognizing the awesomeness of Justin Herbert is another thing entirely.

It’s because he’s a feared…, 😁

Just wanted to say that Mahomes is on a clearly better team than Herbert. KC is loaded (again).

I sure hope the Bills at least play to win this year. It looks like we're just trying to keep the score close the last two times. I don't think our coaches Billieve they can beat the chefs. One thing really going for us is our offense can play way better than they have the last few matchups.... If our entire offense is healthy, maybe they can inspire our defense to think we can beat them. If healthy, I don't think there is a defense in the league that can keep us under 30.... The fact is, we really needed John Brown to show what this offense can really do and now that we have a healthy Sanders, we should be extremely explosive. If we get Zach Ertz, unstoppable. If we get better play from that LG spot plus spend some time working on the run game which I think we do both, we will be extremely balanced and more able to divvy up the punishment between our skill players and keep everyone strong and healthy. If our offense gets that good our coaches have to scheme an aggressive defense designed to Get our defense playing to win. No more prevent in the first quarter.

7 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, however, the order he put it in just implies he knows that Herbert isn't going to do it and Mahomes has a confirmation bias (btw the way he said it isnt common but IS the most accurate way of saying it).

Yeah, the way he said it was more like saying he has no chance instead of saying Herbert has to prove it. That's kind of funny actually. 

7 hours ago, DJB said:

Mahomes is a grade A douche and is quickly becoming one of my most hated players in the league. 

I get he's a rival, and plays on a team full of dbags, but I never got that vibe from him. Especially nit from this, a little off-season smack talk is harmless especially when he didn't bring it up 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

You certainly have a point insofar as measurables are concerned. I knew he did well and greatly improved his draft stock but did not realize how close Herbert’s combine scores were to Allen’s. They are both great athletes and really quite comparable that way it would appear. Its also the case that Herbert’s athleticism, like Josh’s, translated really well to his on field play last year. 

Herbert’s spectacular first year was obviously better than Josh’s, though Allen was better than him last year. Herbert’s play also slackened off somewhat down the stretch, whereas if the Bills didn’t quite make it in 2020 it was not because of Allen who continued to be a main difference maker on the team viz the Colts game for example. With a year of tape on him you have to wonder whether defences will start to adjust/catch up. Given his great rookie year the bar has been set very high, perhap0s unreasonably so. Allen’s performance curve has continued to rise year over year since he entered the league and I don’t see where having lots more tape on him is going to make much of a difference in defending against him.

I totally agree. Can Herbert adjust to what teams will do in 2021. I still feel Josh is the better QB of course but people just assume that Josh is the better athlete when while it's close Herbert gets the slight nod at this point

20 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I totally agree. Can Herbert adjust to what teams will do in 2021. I still feel Josh is the better QB of course but people just assume that Josh is the better athlete when while it's close Herbert gets the slight nod at this point

I don’t know how he will adjust but he has a  new offensive system/coaches now, could be a positive or a negative I suppose 

8 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Serious? You can tell he f'ed up the saying.

It makes no sense to say it the other way. People just give him leeway cause of who he is. 

Even if that was some deep introspective crap it still doesn't make sense.

If you see it what you believe is irrelevant. It's been seen..... logically makes 0 sense.

Use the interwebs and look up confirmation bias...no charge for that information. However, you will only see what you want to see (believe).

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'll expand it a bit:

In fairness I think the two have a lot more in common than just physical build. They clearly also have similar attributes for playing the position. I’m not saying Herbert is a better runner than Allen but based on 2020 Herbert ran about half as often as Allen, gained half as many yards, had exactly 1/2 the number of +20 yard runs and had almost exactly the same average yrds per carry as Josh. Regarding intangibles/competitiveness, teams (read “Dolphins”) misjudged Herbert. He was thought to be too laid back to lead the way you want your QB to lead, but he proved that assessment to be entirely incorrect. Even then I don’t know that he can be as competitive as Josh but clearly leadership is not a weakness in his game. Herbert has an excellent arm capable of reaching any spot on the field. It may not be Josh’s arm but its not far off and clearly better than all but a handful of starting NFL QBs.

As another poster has said, Herbert had the benefit of grooming in a big school programme. I would add that he had a much better roster to work with when he broke into the league than Josh did. Not surprising therefore if he had a better rookie year. 

Though record setting, there was quite a bit of unevenness to his performance in 2020. He struggled sometimes in he second half, especially against Ds good against the pass (Bills, Patriots) and although he had a good last game against KC, Andy Reid rested his starters, including I believe most if not all of his starting DBs.

Right now Herbert has a lot more to prove than Allen. He needs to show that, like Allen, he can get better year over year. So there is risk there meaning that if anyone took him ahead of Allen based on what we know now, that person would probably be making a big mistake.

Fact remains though that Herbert looks awfully good and chances are he will establish himself as a franchise guy IMO.

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sherbert is full 2nd place to Josh:wub:

Sherbert.  Reminds me of Franceils on South Park in Lackavanna.  Loved that on summer nights after baseball.

4 hours ago, eball said:

I'll expand it a bit:

YEAH!  WHAT HE SAID.

Love the passion Eman.  Sounded like you did 50 pushups before that quote.  Fired up brother.

4 hours ago, eball said:

I'll expand it a bit:

I can't believe I am arguing something against Josh Allen but the point i was trying to make is yes Allen on the field has shown a ability to be a dual threat QB but the fact of the matter most of Allen rushing was done in his rookie season when he HAD to run to produce.

Allen was being called DESIGNED QB runs and yes he hurdle Barr but I'm telling you if Herbert was asked to do what Josh was asked to he certainly has the athletic ability to do so. Most people are still in awe of Josh Allen arm and ability as they should be but if Allen arm is a 10 then Herbert's is a 9.

There is nothing wrong with appreciating Josh talent but he is not the only talented QB in the league

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Sherbert.  Reminds me of Franceils on South Park in Lackavanna.  Loved that on summer nights after baseball.

YEAH!  WHAT HE SAID.

Love the passion Eman.  Sounded like you did 50 pushups before that quote.  Fired up brother.

You need to try 'Orange Sherbet' mango sorbet then lol

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure it will be water over the bridge in no time 

Or bridge under water , man all this water talk now I have to go use the  boys room 

Edited by Putin

9 hours ago, transient said:

Whether Kermit meant to say it the way he said is debatable.

Arguing that the phrase itself makes no sense the way he said it makes no sense.  Basically, unless someone believes something, no matter how obvious it may be to others, they won't see it. Conversely, even if something doesn't exist, if someone believes it exists they'll see it. One only has to look at the current state of the country to realize that this phrase has meaning.

So the consistent look of surprise when my 18 month old sees something for the first time says please stop.

Also, the converse being true (which i agree with you in a non-literal sense) does not make the original true. Gotta go contrapositive for that if I am remembering my 10th grade math.

That specific saying needs to be in a certain order for it to be what he was saying. It's like if he said "When pigs fly, I'll believe pigs can fly" and you saying he said the same thing. He was trying to reference a common saying, he got it backwards...you know who wouldn't have gotten that backwards...Josh Allen...except I could totally see him start saying that now to mess with mahomes!

I love that Kelce (32) & Hill (27) are both 5 years into a historic offensive run, where both been either #1 or #2 in receiving yards on KC each season. Their window is closing and it might be faster than anyone realizes. 

• Like (+1) 1