Mahomes apparently not threatened by Justin Herbert in division

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

I want to see a whole lot more pain this year.

With all the changes they made to their o-line - we just might.

Maybe their new look line will be amazing, but not too many o-lines gel perfectly right out of the gate....

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding Herbert, I just watched his entire 2020 highlight video and he's like a clone of Josh.  Huge, accurate arm, extends plays with his legs, tough to bring down, etc.  I think Josh is the better runner, but Herbert is very close to Josh in overall athleticism.  

Dang, there are some great young QBs in the AFC.

3 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Serious? You can tell he f'ed up the saying.

It makes no sense to say it the other way. People just give him leeway cause of who he is. 

Even if that was some deep introspective crap it still doesn't make sense.

If you see it what you believe is irrelevant. It's been seen..... logically makes 0 sense.

Whether Kermit meant to say it the way he said is debatable.

Arguing that the phrase itself makes no sense the way he said it makes no sense.  Basically, unless someone believes something, no matter how obvious it may be to others, they won't see it. Conversely, even if something doesn't exist, if someone believes it exists they'll see it. One only has to look at the current state of the country to realize that this phrase has meaning.

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Freudian slip, ya can smell the fear up here in the northeast…

Didn't they go to OT and then beat the Chiefs? What is there to believe?

Mahomes not feeling threatened is one thing, he has no reason the feel threatened by anyone. Not even recognizing the awesomeness of Justin Herbert is another thing entirely.

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Allen is NOT a better Athlete than Herbert lets start with that. Josh Allen is my guy but I call a spade a spade

You certainly have a point insofar as measurables are concerned. I knew he did well and greatly improved his draft stock but did not realize how close Herbert’s combine scores were to Allen’s. They are both great athletes and really quite comparable that way it would appear. Its also the case that Herbert’s athleticism, like Josh’s, translated really well to his on field play last year. 

Herbert’s spectacular first year was obviously better than Josh’s, though Allen was better than him last year. Herbert’s play also slackened off somewhat down the stretch, whereas if the Bills didn’t quite make it in 2020 it was not because of Allen who continued to be a main difference maker on the team viz the Colts game for example. With a year of tape on him you have to wonder whether defences will start to adjust/catch up. Given his great rookie year the bar has been set very high, perhap0s unreasonably so. Allen’s performance curve has continued to rise year over year since he entered the league and I don’t see where having lots more tape on him is going to make much of a difference in defending against him.

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Are you sure about that?

Look at there RAS scores and 40 times

45 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

You certainly have a point insofar as measurables are concerned. I knew he did well and greatly improved his draft stock but did not realize how close Herbert’s combine scores were to Allen’s. They are both great athletes and really quite comparable that way it would appear. Its also the case that Herbert’s athleticism, like Josh’s, translated really well to his on field play last year. 

Herbert’s spectacular first year was obviously better than Josh’s, though Allen was better than him last year. Herbert’s play also slackened off somewhat down the stretch, whereas if the Bills didn’t quite make it in 2020 it was not because of Allen who continued to be a main difference maker on the team viz the Colts game for example. With a year of tape on him you have to wonder whether defences will start to adjust/catch up. Given his great rookie year the bar has been set very high, perhap0s unreasonably so. Allen’s performance curve has continued to rise year over year since he entered the league and I don’t see where having lots more tape on him is going to make much of a difference in defending against him.

I totally agree. Can Herbert adjust to what teams will do in 2021. I still feel Josh is the better QB of course but people just assume that Josh is the better athlete when while it's close Herbert gets the slight nod at this point

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

They have a decent young team...... they just need to grow together.

They are not going to be push overs.

Hebert reminds me of Josh and he might even be better than our beloved JA17 and thats not a shot at our guy who I love.

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Allen is NOT a better Athlete than Herbert lets start with that. Josh Allen is my guy but I call a spade a spade

I'M the biggest Sherbert fan and yes Josh is a better athlete and a better QB. That being said you can put me in the middle of that QB sandwich anytime:wub:

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

By every physical metric Justin Herbert is just a shade better than Josh

Please explain, because I have not heard ONE person say Justin Herbert might be the most physically gifted athlete to ever play QB in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Please explain, because I have not heard ONE person say Justin Herbert might be the most physically gifted athlete to ever play QB in the NFL.

To me they are very close if comparing metrics. Josh did slightly better in agility drills and ball velocity. Herbert had a better vert, long jump and 40 time but again pretty close. They are almost clones. I do feel that Allen is a more dominating/intimidating presence on the football field but we will see how Herbert makes out this year.

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Hebert reminds me of Josh and he might even be better than our beloved JA17 and thats not a shot at our guy who I love.

Herbert is a slightly poorer Man's Josh Allen who's further developed coming into the league 

His arm strength is notch below Allen's , his speed a notch below , strength a notch below .. he just started like 50 games in Oregon

I think he's going to be a good quarterback in the league.. I think he's just a little less talented than Josh

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'M the biggest Sherbert fan and yes Josh is a better athlete and a better QB. That being said you can put me in the middle of that QB sandwich anytime:wub:

Seriously...have you considered chemical castration?  Estrogen?  Cold showers?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

To me they are very close if comparing metrics. Josh did slightly better in agility drills and ball velocity. Herbert had a better vert, long jump and 40 time but again pretty close. They are almost clones. I do feel that Allen is a more dominating/intimidating presence on the football field but we will see how Herbert makes out this year.

I guess this is where the eye test comes in to break the tie...

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I see the comparison. I see how someone might compare Herbert to Josh. They are similar in likeness but Allen has more raw physical talent ; arm strength, mobility etc but Herbert is not as physically gifted as Josh but he was a lot further along in the developmental process than Josh was coming out. Better coaching, going through his reads etc. I had a very high grade on Herbert coming out, but will he challenge Mahomes? Doubtful. Andy Reid is a brilliant HC, it’s no contest as far as who is the better coach between him and Staley. Herbert is great, I think he will be awesome, but Mahomes is just as good if not better. No way the Chargers beat out the Chiefs anytime soon.

43 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

That how I look at them. Physically and IQ they are almost like clones. I would say that Josh is probality stronger though

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I guess this is where the eye test comes in to break the tie...

And though I said Herbert was slightly more athletic based on data my personal preference between the 2 players is Allen of course due to the mental and competive make up between the two