Most intriguing Training Camp competition?

Which TC competition are you most looking forward to?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of…

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

This seems like as good a place as any to ask - has there been any rumblings if fans might be able to attend TC at the stadium - or when an annoucement might be forthcoming?  

Planning to go up to Buffalo 1st week in Aug w/ my son w/ hopes to go to TC w/ my Dad.

Still no announcement on dates, just that they were working on some open practices and a scrimmage. Hopefully that will be announced soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Harry is cut.  I'm sure he would get picked up fast.  He would provide decent depth for someone.

I would not be shocked at all.  He had a terrible rookie year and he had a few nice plays before getting hurt.  He made his mark at Stanford by making plays behind the LOS.  He has never seemed like a good fit in this defense.  

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Seriously?  Fromm won't even make the team.  Trubisky is a low end starter for some teams.  Fromm has no value and hurts the team by taking up a roster spot they can and should use to carry an extra lineman.  

So true

One of my friends lives in Florida and graduated from Georgia played left guard years ago lifelong season ticket holder said any time fromm thru an out it would have been a pick 6 just no arm strength and focuses in on the receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, richNjoisy said:

I actually selected "other".  I am very interested in the battle at DE among the newcomers (Obada in particular) along with the rookies and returning DE's (Addison, Epenesa, Johnson and Love).  

I’ll buy this

cb 2 and 3 will probably see darn near the same snap count. Returners are super low impact. Qb3 is never interesting. 

the guards would be the only major impact on the list- and I’ll put DE over that.

Even though I voted for CB as I think that will end up more of a dedicated position and rooting for D Jackson.  

It’s not that DL isn’t important, but no such thing in this defense as a starter given their rotation.  I am very interested in seeing which or 10 we keep.  It was asked we keep 10 and I believe so if we include PS.  

Im not rooting for this, but a guess is Zimmer and Johnson may not make it.

The RB situation kind of doesn’t matter as the number of snaps will fluctuate throughout the season between Moss and Singletary, and Breida is almost assured to make it as he played in SF in all four phases of ST.  Kick and punt return coverage and returns.  What I’m interested is if Antonio Williams can be more useful in. ST to supplant Taiwan jones.  Not that I have anything against Jones, but if Williams can do what Jones does in ST, Williams might be nice depth at RB.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

Lots of great competition.  I'm actually pretty stoked about the RB situation.  I looked at highlights from last year, and both Singletary and Moss had some excellent moments.  When they failed it seems like it may have been the blocking scheme.  But, especially Singletary, who his trainer says is a couple tenths faster now, could blow up this year.  Breida is one of the fastest guys in the league.  Moss seems healthy and has a great attitude.

I think Daboll is having some fun putting some new plays in the book taking advantage of these players.  

The key to the DB success is probably more related to the pressure the line puts on the QB.  

23 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would not be shocked at all.  He had a terrible rookie year and he had a few nice plays before getting hurt.  He made his mark at Stanford by making plays behind the LOS.  He has never seemed like a good fit in this defense.  

The defense has not really changed it's design much since drafting him. Why would you think  they drafted him if he did not fit ?
going on record here.  Harry is am unlikely cut or trade this year.

21 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I’ll buy this

cb 2 and 3 will probably see darn near the same snap count. Returners are super low impact. Qb3 is never interesting. 

the guards would be the only major impact on the list- and I’ll put DE over that.

Dane and Levi are different CBs for sure.
so I might agree NS

We should see them both playing and the #3 will see time to make plays.  Situational football is a broad term. But i think applies here. 
 I see Wallace getting the nod as starter though,

Dane is one of my favorites to keep an eye on this season though !

Edited by 3rdand12