Most intriguing Training Camp competition?

Which TC competition are you most looking forward to?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of…

I'm interested in the interior oline battles. Will Forest Lamp push for a starting spot? A rookie? What will Cody Ford look like? Can Ike Boettger develop further and lock down a spot?

• Like (+1) 1

I went with CB2. Levi is going to face some real heat from Dane Jackson (whom I expect to win the job) and possibly even Wildgoose. The RB1 battle is a close 2nd to me. Singletary seems to be working his tail off this offseason, not sure about Moss, Antonio Williams did as well as he possibly could in limited opportunities, and you know Breida is looking for a little redemption after his flameout in Miami. I think the DL comes in 3rd, but all 3 of these are going to be focused on and you could interchange any of the three. 

Edit: It's crazy to sit here and think about how strong some of these position groups really are and how there will be good players that don't make this roster. In years past we were hoping that other teams' castoffs would turn into good players for us. 

Edited by H2o
  • Agree 1

This seems like as good a place as any to ask - has there been any rumblings if fans might be able to attend TC at the stadium - or when an annoucement might be forthcoming?  

Planning to go up to Buffalo 1st week in Aug w/ my son w/ hopes to go to TC w/ my Dad.

Beane's biggest mistake this offseason was not resigning Roberts so I went with KR/PR as field position is huge.  You really couldn't match what's basically a one year 2.6 million dollar deal?

I honestly think it is returner. Dre Roberts contributed a lot of hidden yards for this team that are now gone. He didn't break loads of big ones but he consistently got 10 yards of field position per punt return and gained an extra 5 yards (beyond the ball coming to the 25) per kick return. When you think he averaged roughly 2 PR and 2 KR per game that equates to about 30 yards a game you lose. 

Can McKenzie win that job and give them extra flexibility in the back end receiver spots? Can Stevenson force it off him? Can Powell surprise everyone? It is a critical piece nobody is talking much about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly think it is returner. Dre Roberts contributed a lot of hidden yards for this team that are now gone. He didn't break loads of big ones but he consistently got 10 yards of field position per punt return and gained an extra 5 yards (beyond the ball coming to the 25) per kick return. When you think he averaged roughly 2 PR and 2 KR per game that equates to about 30 yards a game you lose. 

Can McKenzie win that job and give them extra flexibility in the back end receiver spots? Can Stevenson force it off him? Can Powell surprise everyone? It is a critical piece nobody is talking much about.

Don't forget everyone's favorite "dark horse" candidate! Do I even need to state his name???

12 hours ago, richNjoisy said:

I actually selected "other".  I am very interested in the battle at DE among the newcomers (Obada in particular) along with the rookies and returning DE's (Addison, Epenesa, Johnson and Love).  

That is neck and neck with CB2 imo, 

42 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Don't forget everyone's favorite "dark horse" candidate! Do I even need to state his name???

Oh yes you do…

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The DL spots.  We have 12 and I think we get it down to 9.  I think Johnson, Zimmer and Butler get the axe.  

• Hughes
  • AJ
  • Oliver
  • Obada
  • Addison
  • Butler
  • Rousseau 
  • Boogie
  • Zimmer
  • Harry
  • Star
  • Johnson

image.png.13a1c25d96d28d51551947e1a47047a8.png

can Zimmer get back to PS for Bills ?

no trade for Butler ?

Frankly all these position competitions are important in their own right, Beane you freakin genius, you have created a lot of battles, it’s a win win situation for the team and the fans.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I would feel comfortable with Hyde retuning punts.  He won’t break one but won’t muff it and understands fair catches….when to use or not use them.

Kickoffs, I will predict Stevenson.

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

can Zimmer get back to PS for Bills ?

no trade for Butler ?

Not sure.

Would someone trade for Butler?  Not sure how much value he has.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The DL spots.  We have 12 and I think we get it down to 9.  I think Johnson, Zimmer and Butler get the axe.  

• Hughes
  • AJ
  • Oliver
  • Obada
  • Addison
  • Butler
  • Rousseau 
  • Boogie
  • Zimmer
  • Harry
  • Star
  • Johnson

image.png.13a1c25d96d28d51551947e1a47047a8.png

Seems about right.  Alot will depend on how Star looks in camp.  Also remember Phillips was a healthy scratch for a bunch of games last year so he is on the bubble too.  The last spot will be between Phillips and Zimmer.  The group you chose is a little light at 3 technique DT.  But if Boogie can play some snaps inside on passing downs they should be ok.  

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Seems about right.  Alot will depend on how Star looks in camp.  Also remember Phillips was a healthy scratch for a bunch of games last year so he is on the bubble too.  The last spot will be between Phillips and Zimmer.  The group you chose is a little light at 3 technique DT.  But if Boogie can play some snaps inside on passing downs they should be ok.  

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Harry is cut.  I'm sure he would get picked up fast.  He would provide decent depth for someone.

• Angry 1

I selected CB2. Although I think Dane Jackson will get every chance to win the starting spot, he still has to show he's ready.

I will echo many others here and say that I will be watching out for both DL & DE. Really am looking forward to seeing who steps up.

Another area that I think is getting overlooked is depth at Safety. If, God forbid, Hyde and/or Poyer were to get injured, then who steps up? With Dean Marlowe gone, there is a lot of unproven talent. Jaquon Johnson is in his 3rd year, so now is the time for him to step up. Siran Neal was originally drafted as a Safety, but appears to be a back-up CB. Can Damar Hamlin surprise and become an effective player right now?

• Like (+1) 1