Most intriguing Training Camp competition?

Which TC competition are you most looking forward to?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of…

I voted CB2 as it is such a critical position on the D. The team’s fortunes will mostly rest on Josh Allen’s play along with that of the rest of the offense. At the same time, Tampa showed last year that you can’t forget about D if you happen to win the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 3

I picked WR6/7, but PR/KR was my second choice and the two are intertwined, I believe.

The WR situation interests me…the Bills have, I think, some real tough decisions to make.  Will Beasley shut his mouth and, more importantly, make sure he doesn’t bring Covid into the locker room?  His insistence on “living his normal life” amid the spawning variants could totally scuttle the Bills’ season.  I think both McKenzie and Sanders can play the slot so if Beasley goes I’m not worried.

Presuming Beasley behaves himself Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis, McKenzie are locks.  I’m rooting for Hodgins because he brings a different skill set to the mix.  I’m also rooting for Stevenson because he looks like he could be dynamic.  Kumerow seems to hang around.  It will be a good camp battle to watch.

Edit:  I also think the battle for who makes the roster at DE/DL will be very interesting.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I had to go RB based on having so much room for improvement over last year. Moss flashed before getting hurt, Singletary showed promise his first year, and by media reports has been working hard this off season, does one of them break out or does Breida prove to be our best option in an otherwise underachieving position.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, richNjoisy said:

I actually selected "other".  I am very interested in the battle at DE among the newcomers (Obada in particular) along with the rookies and returning DE's (Addison, Epenesa, Johnson and Love).  

I agree.  I am interested to see who emerges as a legit pass rushing threat. Beane has put a ton of money and draft picks into the DL with little to show for it. Time for these guys to step up. Hated most of the signings last year. Too old and slow.  Really like that they asked Epenesa to lose weight.

Of course it won't happen but I still want to see Edmunds as an OLB in the 4-3. He's fine at MLB in nickel which they play the majority of time. But even in nickel I'd like to see him rush the passer and have Milano play deep middle from time to time.

The final five on the OL will be interesting to see. I'm still going with Feliciano as my surprise training camp cut as they go with youth at guard and Bates as a swing tackle back-up center.

I had cb2 and rb1 (more of the position group as a whole) just about even but voted RB1...

Replace option 2 (QB3) with DE battle and that would make me think all 3.

Edited by The Tomcat
spelling is hard and so is reading
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The DL spots.  We have 12 and I think we get it down to 9.  I think Johnson, Zimmer and Butler get the axe.  

• Hughes
  • AJ
  • Oliver
  • Obada
  • Addison
  • Butler
  • Rousseau 
  • Boogie
  • Zimmer
  • Harry
  • Star
  • Johnson

image.png.13a1c25d96d28d51551947e1a47047a8.png

I can see Johnson and Zimmer but, according to Spotrac,  Butler has a $6,000,000 dead cap that is almost $700,000 more than his cap hit.  

• Like (+1) 2

Tough choice between RB and D-line in general.

I’m really excited/ hopeful that Breida offers a much needed home run potential out of the backfield both running and receiving. I know he hasn’t earned that accolade anywhere but a man can dream. 
     I think it is paramount to get a run game/ short passing game going this year!

D- line:

Do either of the rookies have an appreciable impact? Are they able to show out in a short preseason and earn  a decent snap count or is it Epenesa 2.0 time? 
      Does Star comeback rejuvenated and have a cascading positive effect on the middle of the line. 
      Does Oliver show out or show more of the same?

I feel that cb2 is the most important camp battle as our roster is currently constructed. I’d prefer to add Nelson and put him in that cb2 spot, but as is, I feel that Dane winning the cb2 gives our D more versatility.  We need a cb2 that is more competent playing man than Levi is.  

As many have said, I’m eager to see which pass rusher can stand out and make an impact early.  Between Obada, Epenesa, Rousseau and Basham, we really need (at leasth one of them to establish themselves and provide consistent pressure.  Between the 4……I have no idea who the favorite is.  I’d probably say Epenesa at this point.

The return battle should be a good one.  I just hope it’s not a scary one. 

I hope someone takes Taiwan Jones’ spot so we can use that roster spot on someone that can do more than just play gunner.  Jones is good at what he does.  Too bad that’s all that he does.  

the battle at LG-  I don’t care who wins it as long as the guy who wins it stays healthy and doesn’t suck.

rb1-  I felt as if it was moss’s job to lose, but with his injury recovery might put him behind motor for awhile.  I just hope that we see enough of breida that he can have an affect on the game.  If he doesn’t suit up on a weekly basis, I’m not going to be happy.  We needed to add speed to the backfield this offseason……not speed to the inactive list.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I watch this board, I seem to be a minority on this, even by the poll. I'm very interested how the two guard positions shake out. I find it hard to believe that all our backs suck at running the middle. This has got to be a line issue, especially guard positions. Speed means nothing if you don't have a lane to run through.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

TE for me.  I wanna see Fort Knox make the BIG step, I have ridden him like a $2 pony before but thats tough love - I wanna see him do it.  I wanna see what Sweeny brings to the table and of course JA's college target!!!!  Gonna be fun to see who shakes outa the tree for this position.

DE's is another interesting battle for reasons already stated!

As much as I don't want to wish away time.....I sure am looking forward to the real games in September!!!!

GO BILLS!

I think there are quite a few positions where "starter" is more or less a technicality.

Singletary, or Breida could be named the starting RB, but Moss will likely get more snaps. Jackson, and Wallace will both get plenty of playing time. Knox, and Hollister should be complimentary. The D-line, especially, will likely have a rotation that will make opposing DC's heads spin. P/KR will be a pretty good competition to watch, and may ultimately affect who makes depth at WR.

I voted "other" for the D-line competitions, DT, and DE. There's so much potential there, but a lot of question marks, as well. Can't wait to see some of these guys in action. But is Christian Wade comes out and starts competing for P/KR, or looks like he has a real shot at RB, I'll change my vote.

• Like (+1) 1