Team USA basketball loses 2nd game in a row

Brennan Huff

On 7/13/2021 at 10:07 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just looked at their roster.  How in TF are they getting beat by Nigeria and Australia?!  🤣😂

Apparently they're getting dominated in the paint and giving up 3s all day.

Its a sad state of affairs.  The rest of the world has caught up.  It will take some good old fashioned American ingenuity but we need to invent another new sport that only we play so that we can be the best at it again.

Edited by Jauronimo

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its a sad state of affairs.  The rest of the world has caught up.  It will take some good old fashioned American ingenuity but we need to invent another new sport that only we play so that we can be the best at it again.

BASEketball  

• Haha (+1) 1

I feel very unAmerican by saying this, but going back to the dream team, I love when USA bball gets beat.  Now, it's more of a matter of rooting against any team that has Kevin Durant on it. That said, I think Durant will play a lot better after he recruits four hall of famers to play along side of him. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel very unAmerican by saying this, but going back to the dream team, I love when USA bball gets beat.  Now, it's more of a matter of rooting against any team that has Kevin Durant on it. That said, I think Durant will play a lot better after he recruits four hall of famers to play along side of him. 

I loved when the Olympics were amateur games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

image.png.66ef3e55262bd2c6b48ea0aa9dbbb87e.png

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

There's some guy on LinkedIn and flitting around elsewhere hawking 'Crossnet'.  Volleyball but with two nets crossing at 90 degrees.  Hey, if ballroom dancing could be an olympic sport at some point, the sky's the limit.

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Baseball and Football are America’s sport IMO.

not to mention, I can hit a three and make free throws.  
I’m not sure I could ever score in NFL or hit a MLB pitcher

you aren’t making a contested jump shot or driving to the rim either. 

It’s like me saying I could hit a baseball off a tee but not score on an nhl goalie. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There's some guy on LinkedIn and flitting around elsewhere hawking 'Crossnet'.  Volleyball but with two nets crossing at 90 degrees.  Hey, if ballroom dancing could be an olympic sport at some point, the sky's the limit.

My in-laws have one of those.  Basically all you need to do is stay right on the net and block anyone who tries to get it over to your square. 

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

you aren’t making a contested jump shot or driving to the rim either. 

true.  Give me a screen a la Princetown - I will rain 3s.  Foul me, I score on free throws.

Chances are I won't score in NFL, MLB, NHL, or Champions League- all far superior sports to NBA IMO

In sports who scores more points wins. My point is an average athlete can score in NBA with help from his teammates.  Not so much in the other 4 sports

Edited by Pete

9 hours ago, Pete said:

true.  Give me a screen a la Princetown - I will rain 3s.  Foul me, I score on free throws.

Chances are I won't score in NFL, MLB, NHL, or Champions League- all far superior sports to NBA IMO

In sports who scores more points wins. My point is an average athlete can score in NBA with help from his teammates.  Not so much in the other 4 sports

meh. So you could kick a chip shot field goal is what you are saying 

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

NBA regular season vs playoffs.

We used to bribe the kids when we were traveling. If you are good this weekend in Boston (or wherever) we will take you to see a game with LeBron on Sunday. 

The last time was a Tuesday night game in Charlotte. We had like $650 into tix for us and the BIL who lived nearby. We sat down and 5 minutes in my scrappy little AAU point guard turns to me and says………”they’re not even trying”.  Tuesday in Charlotte mid-season. 

That was the last NBA game I paid to attend. 

Loved going to Braves games as a kid, but that was a very different time. 

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, Pete said:

If there is a blitz and you are uncovered you can score.  Lee Smith on more than one occasion was completely left alone.

The NBA game moves a lot faster than you are thinking.  

On 7/14/2021 at 6:58 AM, Gugny said:

When did basketball become America's sport?

Do you think James Naismith was Japanese or something?  Naismith was short for Naismithanawa?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If there is a blitz and you are uncovered you can score.  Lee Smith on more than one occasion was completely left alone.

The NBA game moves a lot faster than you are thinking.  

Do you think James Naismith was Japanese or something?  Naismith was short for Naismithanawa?

I mean technically he was Canadian.  

On 7/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, Pete said:

You won't get fouled because you're not a threat to them 

If you were in an NBA game.. you would get face guarded, you wouldn't get 1 oz to breathe

And you wouldn't be able to get a dribble off 

Brian scalabrini? NBA benchwarmer.. he plays pick ups at gyms and people trash them all the time.. I can score on you you were a benchwarmer 

He shuts out every single person 11-0 

How is thinking you could run around a screen and get off a 3... Any different than thinking you could outrun a linebacker to the end zone on a slant route? 

You can be faster than the linebacker with better agility

They're like absolutely both the same concepts.. and your average Joe is not doing any of them

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.