Team USA basketball loses 2nd game in a row

Brennan Huff

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

I don’t see that ever happening. It’s kind of a big deal

Not as big as it used to be. I cannot even find one person actually watching. Hell most people didn't even realize the opening ceremony happened 

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Good let's get rid of the Olympics anyway. They are just a waste of time and destroy any city that hosts them.

A waste of who’s time? Are you being forced to watch them? 

Are they expensive? Yes, absolutely!  But a lot of nice improvements are also left behind. They don’t destroy the host city if well planned and executed. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Not as big as it used to be. I cannot even find one person actually watching. Hell most people didn't even realize the opening ceremony happened 

I never watch them either. But we’re Americans we have a sense of entitlement. They are a lot bigger in other countries. Especially smaller countries 

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I’ll make it easy for you. I am watching the swimming right now. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’ll make it easy for you. I am watching the swimming right now. 

And you are literally the only one. The Olympics are basically getting worse views than Sabres hockey.

Edited by TBBills
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

And you are literally the only one. The Olympics are basically getting worse views than Sabres hockey.

OK, first, I suggest you look up the meaning of “literally”. Secondly, I know of at least two other people who will be watching to some extent. That makes THREE of us! You may have heard of Terry and Kim Pegula, and they have a daughter participating in the Olympics. It is both an amazing accomplishment and a tremendous honor to represent your country in global competition. Even if you want to abolish the event. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

A waste of who’s time? Are you being forced to watch them? 

Are they expensive? Yes, absolutely!  But a lot of nice improvements are also left behind. They don’t destroy the host city if well planned and executed. 

I'm sure many here will disagree,  but I think the 1980 Winter Olympics totally destroyed the charm and character of Lake Placid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I'm sure many here will disagree,  but I think the 1980 Winter Olympics totally destroyed the charm and character of Lake Placid.

Since I have never been there, it’s impossible for me to have an opinion other that I’m surprised they ever won an Olympic bid. BUT, what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

I will say I live in Atlanta and have visited Salt Lake City and Barcelona. All MUCH bigger than Lake Placid. Some will complain about some aspects of having held the Olympics, but for the most part they are not worse for the wear. In fact, they all have some nice amenities left over from the games. In Barcelona it was part of one of our tours and it looked great! 

I will freely acknowledge some host cities spend far too much and are left with a bunch of white elephants all over town. Because some places get carried away is not a reason to abolish the Olympics which is what I first responded to. 

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, first, I suggest you look up the meaning of “literally”. Secondly, I know of at least two other people who will be watching to some extent. That makes THREE of us! You may have heard of Terry and Kim Pegula, and they have a daughter participating in the Olympics. It is both an amazing accomplishment and a tremendous honor to represent your country in global competition. Even if you want to abolish the event. 

Lol Olympics are dead in America.

Olympics thread has 11 replies and half are "Didn't know this was happening" 

It's not about representing your country and hasn't been for years. It's run like garbage and destroys wherever it is held.

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.