High praise for Allen, White, Edmunds, Dawkins, and Diggs from NFL Execs, Coaches, and Players.

34 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Still waiting on Diggs (lock), Beasley (if they have a separate slot receiver ranking), Bass (shd get some votes) & Poyer / Hyde (shd get some votes). Oliver, another Olineman and a young DE (B, E or R) will get some votes next year. 

I highly doubt Bass gets any love until next year. He’s gotta string together a full season. And safeties already went. Both were left out of the top 15. 

2 hours ago, stosh64 said:

People actually pay to read espn?

I'm pretty sure insider gets 'thrown in' with a lot of things.. like I think if you get that package that's disney/hulu/espn that you get insiders with it

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

The fact there are multiple top 10 rankings says this is a well built team and those in the NFL agree.  How many other years has that been the case?

We need a blue chip player as a pass rusher.  That is a missing piece of this team. 

5 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

JA17 should be #1

I think coaches will rate.  Rodgers, Brady,  Wilson and may be Watson and Dak ahead of Josh.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stosh64 said:

People actually pay to read espn?

I got it free with verizon, it's actually better than I thought it was going to be, I don't know if I will keep it after the year is over but it is legitimately better than I thought it would be.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Announcers do usually talk about how good our safeties are, but yeah, they don't go on and on about it. Poyer actually is a pretty good hitter, in my opinion. I seem to remember Hyde having a huge hit on someone last year... anybody remember that?

One of them ( Poyer,  I think) knocked themselves out hitting Cam on the sideline in the second NE game. I have it DVRd and you can actually see his eyes are rolled back as he hits the ground . He got pulled into the tent .

Edited by Buffalo Boy

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I actually got a chuckle when looking at his highest and lowest ranks. Somebody actually pulled the trigger and had him #1 while others left him completely unranked. lol

"Unranked" just means outside the top ten. If you had him as the 11th best LB in the league, you wouldn't rank him. So "completely" IMO greatly overstates how negative the act of not ranking him is.

On the other hand, I can't understand anyone ranking him #1. He certainly was not better than everyone else in the league, even in the latter half of the year when healthy. IMO, top five is pushing it.

I guess the ESPN thing is asking people to predict where these guys will be ranked next year rather than where they are now, so being a bit high or low on anybody is reasonable as you're guessing, you're predicting.

1 hour ago, Process said:

We are approaching most overrated player in the league territory with Edmunds

Nah, it's just that for some reason some Bills fans love to underrate him.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

No WR , RBs , TEs yet 

Porter and Hyde did not make the safeties list.. and neither of them was honorable mention 

Minkah Fitzpatrick 

Justin Simmons 

Budda Baker 

Jamal Adams 

Harrison Smith 

Tyrann mathieu 

Kevin byard  

John Johnson III 

Derwin James Jr 

Jessie Bates III 

Honorable mentions 

Eddie Jackson 

Marcus maye

Antoine Winfield Jr 

Landon Collins 

Darnell Savage Jr

It's honestly a pretty fair top 10, those guys are ballers

I don’t think Jamal Adams on this list is good. Poyer Hyde are both better than him.  Byard also had a down year.  With all the pro bowl snub articles for poyer I would’ve thought he got at least an honorable mention 

3 hours ago, Process said:

We are approaching most overrated player in the league territory with Edmunds

Not even close.  Zeke Elliott, Matt Judon, Jamal Adams, Andrus Peat, Marshon Lattimore, and Evan Engram off the top of my head.  Edmunds didn't deserve a pro bowl nod this past season though.

The Diggs snub is confusing.

Edmunds is probably a bit over-rated; I would say he is honorable-mention level. He has great athletic tools and his moments; but when watching him every game, you get the feeling there is more there, he hasn't put it all together yet, there is room for more consistency and improvement--especially in his decision making. 

. . . And then I remember, "yeah, he is only 23." Time is on our side.

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

The Diggs snub is confusing.

Edmunds is probably a bit over-rated; I would say he is honorable-mention level. He has great athletic tools and his moments; but when watching him every game, you get the feeling there is more there, he hasn't put it all together yet, there is room for more consistency and improvement--especially in his decision making. 

. . . And then I remember, "yeah, he is only 23." Time is on our side.

Wr’s weren’t ranked when I made the original post. I stated that in the post. I’ll update it when they are. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I hate to be negative in an otherwise fun topic, but who the hell had Allen ranked 9th?!  

I know. I suppose you could go Mahommes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson top 4. After that you would have to put guy like Watson, Stafford, Herbert, and I guess Ryan next. I can't see any way Allen is not top 4

• Like (+1) 1

All these types of lists are based on biased opinions, (just like our own opinions) there are no absolutes involved, Josh ranked at #9 is because many pundits are still hoping Josh regresses, (the I told you so group) and that it’s the Buffalo Bills after all…  it’s gonna take a SB win and or a few more successful seasons for the stain of the drought years to fade, sad yet true.

Go Bills!!!

12 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The players, coaches, and execs that view him as a top LB definitely don’t know more than the posters on TBD! 

I see in Edmunds all the shortcomings others here see in him - doesn't fill gaps, isn't a big hitter, plays the ball poorly on pass defense, etc., etc., but then I ask myself why he is playing every down.   There is only one answer, and that is that McDermott and Frazier see him making a big contribution.   So, I get it when some coach says that he's a nightmare to plan for.   

I think there are things going on on the field that most fans, including me, don't see or understand.  In Edmunds' case, I've speculated before that it's the combination of his size and speed, that he simply covers more territory on pass defense because he is a step faster and an arm-length longer that other guys playing the middle of a complicated zone-based defense.  He gets deep faster, he gets to the sideline faster, he closes on running backs faster than most linebackers.  Am I saying he's a great run stopper?  No.   He still misreads running plays sometimes, and he isn't a great tackler.   But I think what coaches see and we don't is that he gets into the vicinity of the play better and more often than most linebackers.  He clogs the middle passing lanes better than most linebackers, because he's faster, taller, and longer.  

He's not a standout, highlight-reel star.   I think what he is is a nearly perfect guy to put in the middle of a complex team defense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1