High praise for Allen, White, Edmunds, Dawkins, and Diggs from NFL Execs, Coaches, and Players.

EDIT: Wr's came out today so i added in Diggs.....Every year ESPN does their positional rankings. They poll execs, coaches, and players to come to their conclusions. Some of our guys came in at real nice spots. I hadnt seen this covered anywhere in here so i figured i'd toss it up. I personally think Allen, Dawkins, and white came in where they should while Edmunds maybe came in a tick high. Dawkins was just outside the top ten as the first honorable mention named but if you take out the RT's in front of him it puts him as LT #9 if i'm not mistaken. And our safeties continue to be criminally underrated. Neither one even made it to the honorable mentions lists. Anyways i'll post links to the pages and paste the writeups of our guys. Its ESPN+ plus content so i dont know that its available for everyone to see. Sorry if this is too much info for one spot. I really didnt think a thread for each ranking was a good move. Also, Wr’s, Rb’s, and Te’s havnt been ranked yet. When they are I’ll be sure to update this for Diggs slot. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31800661/ranking-nfl-top-10-quarterbacks-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

5. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 9

Allen wasn't much of a consideration for the top 10 rankings a year ago. Now, the majority of voters have him in their top five after a massive third season in Buffalo.

"The growth was pretty impressive," said an NFL offensive coach. "There were times when he was so in command of the offense, and when he's on top of his protections pre-snap, he's incredibly tough to beat."

Allen ranked third in the NFL in QBR (81.7) after a pedestrian 49.5 over his first two seasons, which was 27th out of 35 qualified quarterbacks. His 37 touchdown passes surpassed his previous two-year total (30).

Evaluators point to his four-touchdown performance on Monday Night Football against the 49ers and his 324 yards in the playoffs vs. the Colts as growth examples. Indy's zone defense made him escape the pocket and throw from the near-sideline, and he handled it all game.

"His biggest weakness is also what makes him so good -- his competitiveness, and wanting to make the best play," an AFC scout said. "He'll hold onto the ball a little too long or bail on the pocket too early. He often gets away with that because he's so strong and can break tackles, but against good defenses, he might press, and it gets him into trouble."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31765336/ranking-nfl-top-10-linebackers-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

8. Tremaine Edmunds, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: Unranked

Edmunds' potential is so expansive that this ranking feels too low. He is 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, with incredible downhill ability and range.

"This guy is tough -- very rangy against the pass, good instincts," an NFC coach said. "Tough for us to deal with."

Man coverage is not his strength, but Edmunds can use that 4.5-second 40-yard dash speed to diagnose short passes and wash them out. Edmunds covered 4,359 yards when traveling above 12 mph, per Next Gen Stats, the highest total of the group. And at age 23, Edmunds is still ascending.

"In zone defense where he can come downhill, he's really good," the coach said

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31771608/ranking-nfl-top-10-cornerbacks-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

5. Tre'Davious White, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 9

White is a coach's dream. He's so smooth in his fundamentals that ESPN NFL analyst and friend of the Top 10 Matt Bowen calls White the Tim Duncan of the NFL.

With 15 picks and 54 pass deflections since entering the league in 2017, White is a top-five fixture.

"Not a blazer, but very quick," an NFC coordinator said. "Instinctive, great footwork, has the ball skills you want, breaks on the ball well."

White can play man or zone equally as effective. One NFC coach pointed out that Buffalo is a team of overachievers in some ways, and White embodies that -- not a Ramsey-type athlete but can be as good as anyone with smarts and staying under control

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31789857/ranking-nfl-top-10-offensive-tackles-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

Dion Dawkins, Buffalo Bills: "He's closer to elite than you'd think. He looks like he has a mediocre body, but you'll finish the game and realize he had his way in pass protection." -- AFC scout

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31739496/ranking-nfl-top-10-wide-receivers-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

3. Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 8

Some evaluators wondered aloud how Diggs would handle Buffalo, a new offense and a (then) inaccurate quarterback in Josh Allen after the trade from Minnesota.

Answer: Like an elite receiver should. Diggs vaulted from fringe top-10 guy to one of the game's best thanks to a truly dominant season. Allen's new BFF led the league in targets (166), catches (127) and receiving yards (1,535).

"Years ago, one of [Minnesota's] receivers got hurt and they put in this new receiver, Diggs," recalled a veteran AFC defensive coach. "Smaller guy, more of a slot receiver at the time -- we figured it shouldn't be a problem. We get in the game and he had a pretty damn good day. He's been [great] ever since."

Diggs produced 20.3 receptions above expected, per NFL Next Gen Stats, by far the highest clip in the NFL.

Though Diggs was unhappy in Minnesota, those who coached him or followed him closely knew he would thrive when made the focal point of a high-level offense. He was a primary option for the Vikings but he shared that role with Adam Thielen.

"He's so competitive that his demeanor and ability had the opposite effect that some thought -- he lifted the entire offense up with his standard of play and his ability to get open and make tough catches," an AFC exec said.

Added an AFC coordinator: "Practices like every day is a game. He's known for that. Really quick, great route runner, knack for getting open."

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It's pretty crazy with Edmunds ranking.  He's as polarizing on these boards as in the NFL circles lol.

I actually got a chuckle when looking at his highest and lowest ranks. Somebody actually pulled the trigger and had him #1 while others left him completely unranked. lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I actually got a chuckle when looking at his highest and lowest ranks. Somebody actually pulled the trigger and had him #1 while others left him completely unranked. lol

I know!  #1??  I don't think he's as bad as some people on here make him out to be but that's pretty wild.  I would say he's in the 7-10 range but that's my unprofessional opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

The fact there are multiple top 10 rankings says this is a well built team and those in the NFL agree.  How many other years has that been the case?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe in 2014 with our DL?

I'm thinking Dareus and Mario.  

I'm sure we'll have one more with Diggs. Wr's, Rb's, and Te's all come out this week..... i think we end up with 3 different guys ranked top 5 at their positions. Thats craziness.

7 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I agree with this

I said it all last year that  Dion is starting to play at an all pro caliber level almost 

He has everything you need in a franchise left tackle 

NImble feet, he can anchor against bull rush , he has a boxers straight to keep distance and speed rushers and bay 

consistency is now key

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

What about Diggs?? And Bass?

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

They were not worthy of the almighty list....Especially Diggs. 🤪

44 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Also, Wr’s, Rb’s, and Te’s havnt been ranked yet. When they are I’ll be sure to update this for Diggs slot.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I hate to be negative in an otherwise fun topic, but who the hell had Allen ranked 9th?!  

It was probably the same guy who ranked Edmund's #1 - I like Tremaine, but that one was a head -scratcher for me too.

• Like (+1) 1