Slot Recievers - McKenzie / Cole

5 minutes ago, Prospector said:

What about Isaiah Hodgins in the slot... wasn't he supposed to be very quick cutting with sudden movements, and getting separation? I thought I heard that his short area shuttles were very fast. Wouldn't hurt to have a 6'3" WR in the slot on certain downs.

His Three cone drill was extraordinarily average, which is a good test of your agility 

Shuttle time was a little better in the 75th percentile

On 7/16/2021 at 7:52 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, ranking McKenzie as a top-10 slot and Cole Beasley not, is a move by a guy who has never actually watched football and is going off TDs scored or some such silliness.

I love me some Lil' Dirty but as a slot receiver he isn't fit to carry Cole Beasley's shoestrings let alone his jockstrap.  He's getting better (McKenzie I mean) but it says it all that the Bills felt Beasley on a broken leg > McKenzie

This.

I mean, my goodness (and not to be a schmuck), but is anyone looking at CB fast twitch in first 2-3 yd off the line? It's beyond ridiculous. The symbiosis w SD is brutal for opposing Ds.

To say nothing of his preternatural skill in settling into an open zone, or carrying his route a few steps (deep or short) to give JA17 an open lane.

I'll be a contrarian (flames a' coming!) and say I cannot even believe we're talking about this.

In this sense: the Bills KNOW what they have in this guy and--whatever the hell it may be--they'll ensure he's a contributing team member this year, via whatever means available. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

Jay Skurski indicate Cole could be a potential cut given our depth of slot receivers and his vaccine stance / his injury issues. To me, the guy is a warrior who played through a broken leg, so being injured but still suiting up and playing well is the whole best ability is availability thing.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-could-be-surprise-cut/

USAToday ranked the top slot recievers and A Buffalo Bill placed 7th, but it was Mckenzie not Cole that go the nod from Doug Farrar. I actually found it odd that jarvis Landry was not on this list more than Cole not being on the list, but ...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-best-slot-receivers-tyreek-hill-keenan-allen-juju-smith-schuster/

I Like Isaiah a lot, but when it is crunch time, Josh looks for one of three people to make a play, Stefon, Cole, and himself with his legs).

I do not see us letting either Cole or Isaiah go this year. Next year, well maybe next year.

McKenzie has found this article and is advertising it on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/zee_thoven/2624619694724693268/

Prediction: soon Cole is going to be far too busy fending off the Trash talk from McKenzie to hit the Twitters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McKenzie has found this article and is advertising it on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/zee_thoven/2624619694724693268/

Prediction: soon Cole is going to be far too busy fending off the Trash talk from McKenzie to hit the Twitters.

Really annoying that you need to have account to read it.  Created one but have no desire to post in it.

Isaiah-Mc-Kenzie.png

On 7/12/2021 at 5:44 AM, Limeaid said:

For Cole it was a cracked not broken leg.  There is a difference and I have had it.

This is all about having confidence in the leg while being in full NFL gear and being hit by players full force that are usually 20 pounds heavier than him or higher it is a little bit of a difference limeaid

On 7/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, Dukestreetking said:

This.

I mean, my goodness (and not to be a schmuck), but is anyone looking at CB fast twitch in first 2-3 yd off the line? It's beyond ridiculous. The symbiosis w SD is brutal for opposing Ds.

To say nothing of his preternatural skill in settling into an open zone, or carrying his route a few steps (deep or short) to give JA17 an open lane.

I'll be a contrarian (flames a' coming!) and say I cannot even believe we're talking about this.

In this sense: the Bills KNOW what they have in this guy and--whatever the hell it may be--they'll ensure he's a contributing team member this year, via whatever means available. 

I said call was a good wide receiver whenever he came in from Dallas when people were calling him a jag

Having said that if things go south because he comes up Covid positive and takes players down with him this board is going to get really ugly

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/12/2021 at 4:19 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This may be a really bad take-- but I think the surprise WR cut (if there is one) will be E. Sanders. 

No chance IMO. Sanders’ versatility will come in handy especially when or if players start getting injured. If Diggs goes down, he’s the only guy I feel comfortable with sliding into the #1 spot. 

On 7/17/2021 at 9:00 PM, Prospector said:

What about Isaiah Hodgins in the slot... wasn't he supposed to be very quick cutting with sudden movements, and getting separation? I thought I heard that his short area shuttles were very fast. Wouldn't hurt to have a 6'3" WR in the slot on certain downs.

Why? We already have the best slot receiver in the game!:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2021 at 8:35 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

I Like Isaiah a lot, but when it is crunch time, Josh looks for one of three people to make a play, Stefon, Cole, and himself with his legs).

I like Isaiah a lot too, but he just doesn’t have the frame to be a 50-55+ catch kind of guy. He is a splash player. If you can get him in space via design plays, he can be a valuable contributor. 

I think he can get you maybe 40-45 catches a year, which is about his max, I think. That’s still valuable given his skill set though, given that he’s an athletic marvel and can take it to the house on any given play and he must be accounted for, but he has a very small frame/bone structure, he can easily get hurt. If used tastefully he is a very solid #4 and I hope the Bills hang onto him, at the right price.

7 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I like Isaiah a lot too, but he just doesn’t have the frame to be a 50-55+ catch kind of guy. He is a splash player. If you can get him in space via design plays, he can be a valuable contributor. 

I think he can get you maybe 40-45 catches a year, which is about his max, I think. That’s still valuable given his skill set though, given that he’s an athletic marvel and can take it to the house on any given play and he must be accounted for, but he has a very small frame/bone structure, he can easily get hurt. If used tastefully he is a very solid #4 and I hope the Bills hang onto him, at the right price.

I think he could get 4 catches a game (68 catches) realistically. 

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think he could get 4 catches a game (68 catches) realistically. 

Two each his own. I don’t see Isaiah as a natural route runner, nor do I see him as being big enough to break free from physical press corners and once again he has a very slight athletic build and small bone structure. I don’t see his body as big enough to handle the abuse of 68 catches. I kind of see him as a Roscoe Parrish type of player except Roscoe may have actually been a wee bit bigger.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:20 AM, Boxcar said:

This is absolutely insane and solely fueled by this writer not liking Cole's stances on certain things.

How did we go from McKenzie being on the bubble to him supplanting the best slot WR in the NFL? It's madness.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526c2e5304341ea38857

• Haha (+1) 1

Beasley is good.  Tough catches hes money.  I think usage is a big impact on his play.  Mckenzie adds a differant dimension to the position.  I do believe Beaselys overall impact on the success of the offense is over stated.  Give Mckenzie the same targets I think the difference in production would be slim.  Allen is going to inflate some wr numbers.  Beasley IMO is over playing his hand.  He is not bigger than Mcdermotts process.  He either gets on the train or he will be left at the tracks.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

still got what 2-3 years on his contract with the Rams.

Trade! We get McCaffrey and Kupp we have a dynasty for the next 10 years.

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Beasley is good.  Tough catches hes money.  I think usage is a big impact on his play.  Mckenzie adds a differant dimension to the position.  I do believe Beaselys overall impact on the success of the offense is over stated.  Give Mckenzie the same targets I think the difference in production would be slim.  Allen is going to inflate some wr numbers.  Beasley IMO is over playing his hand.  He is not bigger than Mcdermotts process.  He either gets on the train or he will be left at the tracks.

Beasley wins the pot then because he's not bluffing and his impact on the offense is understated.  Don't understand all the hate he is garnering when he has done nothing wrong and is a great teammate.

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Trade! We get McCaffrey and Kupp we have a dynasty for the next 10 years.

I've got a bucket of dirt I'd like to trade for some gold.

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Beasley wins the pot then because he's not bluffing and his impact on the offense is understated.  Don't understand all the hate he is garnering when he has done nothing wrong and is a great teammate.

The team has been fairly clear that they want to keep things in house and avoid making this a distraction and he's repeatedly disregarded that, now agree or don't with his opinion but McDermott isn't going to like being ignored.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I've got a bucket of dirt I'd like to trade for some gold.

The team has been fairly clear that they want to keep things in house and avoid making this a distraction and he's repeatedly disregarded that, now agree or don't with his opinion but McDermott isn't going to like being ignored.

Well if McDermott gets rid of Beasley for making his own health decisions that would make him ######ed.

• Like (+1) 1