Slot Recievers - McKenzie / Cole

On 7/13/2021 at 8:45 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Not everyone’s a fan of the police these days. 😇

Just kidding.  They were my first favorite band as a kid along with U2.  You know Noggin you’re a Roxanne fan.

The drinking game, anyways. 

You're aware of the drinking game, right?

Amazing the semantics one can get in this board.

I used to run a lot and would often run through stress fractures, the pain was very tolerable.

I dont know exactly what Beasley had but I can tell you from my experience, a stress fracture in the leg or at least mine was very tolerable,   broken leg esp if it is displaced isnt and I have had that.  Just like the overblown drama about Tiger Woods winning the US open on a "broken leg".  I dont care about the semantics but most stress fractures are nothing like a "broken leg".  And I  dont know if Beasley had a stress fracture or not.  

As far as Cole Beasley, losing him would be a massive blow.  He has great rapport with JA, is incredibly reliable at catching the ball, getting first down and not fumbling.  The drop off between Beasley and McKenzie would be massive.

As far as the vaccine debate, that has been beaten to death here ad nauseam.  

On 7/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, ngbills said:

Would not be completely shocked to see them cut Beasley. A bit more shocking than the McCoy move a few years ago but similar. Bills would save $5M this years and $6/7M next year. If they think McK/Sanders/M Stevenson can > Beasley they will do it. I would prefer to keep him for this year unless cutting him means adding some pieces. But not just to save $ and give other guys a shot. Save that for next year. 

Yeah, NOT happening.

Shady was cut following a 2 year downward trend...from 5.4 ypa to 4.0 ypa to 3.2 ypa; from back-to-back 1000+ yd seasons to a season where he barely broke 500 yds.  Then, we drafted an RB in the 3rd.

Beasley has been trending up the last 3 seasons, with last season his best ever, and the highest WR we've drafted has been   I don't see much similarity to the McCoy situation.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, NOT happening.

Shady was cut following a 2 year downward trend...from 5.4 ypa to 4.0 ypa to 3.2 ypa; from back-to-back 1000+ yd seasons to a season where he barely broke 500 yds.  Then, we drafted an RB in the 3rd.

Beasley has been trending up the last 3 seasons, with last season his best ever, and the highest WR we've drafted has been   I don't see much similarity to the McCoy situation.

Yes, agreed. On top of that CB is a McBean acquisition, Shady came in under the old leadership. 

It would be absolutely foolish IMO to cut that guy coming off the season he and Josh had. We need all the firepower we can hang on to. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

No, but I put on a red light yesterday.

Okay, here goes (it's VERY complicated, so make sure you have something to write with): 

Divide your drinking party in half. One half will be assigned "red light," and the other...wait for it, will be assigned "Roxanne." Play the song. Every time you hear your assigned word/phrase, drink. 

I suggest nothing heavier than sessionable beer, as due to Sting's (and pop music in the 80's, in general) reliance on extreme repetition of the chorus (HELLO Bruce Springsteen, among others!), you will consume between 12 and 36 ounces of beverage in a fairly short period of time (depending upon multiple factors like age, weight, constitution, etc.).

There goes.  

22 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Okay, here goes (it's VERY complicated, so make sure you have something to write with): 

Divide your drinking party in half. One half will be assigned "red light," and the other...wait for it, will be assigned "Roxanne." Play the song. Every time you hear your assigned word/phrase, drink. 

I suggest nothing heavier than sessionable beer, as due to Sting's (and pop music in the 80's, in general) reliance on extreme repetition of the chorus (HELLO Bruce Springsteen, among others!), you will consume between 12 and 36 ounces of beverage in a fairly short period of time (depending upon multiple factors like age, weight, constitution, etc.).

There goes. 

Being an incurable geek, I pasted the lyrics into Word and used it to count the instances.

Red light = 25

Roxanne = 26

You're welcome

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Being an incurable geek, I pasted the lyrics into Word and used it to count the instances.

Red light = 25

Roxanne = 26

You're welcome

Thank you. I do love analytics. (I actually wish, if I could have a superpower, that it would be the ability to instantly produce analytics on ANY facet of my life to date, no matter how quotidian. And I'm in the Humanities. For example, how many minutes have I spent doing everything I've done the last year? Or decade? Or lifetime? At work, how many more times have I performed a certain task compared to colleagues? At home, especially, how many more minutes have I logged doing household chores compared to cohabitants? No agenda there, of course...)

But, being that this drinking game was played in an on-campus suite of six sophomores with moderately diverse backgrounds and academic interests, I'm thinking we counted the utterances at least once. I'd like to know if I imbibed more fluid ounces than my counterparts no matter which team I was assigned to...

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Thank you. I do love analytics. (I actually wish, if I could have a superpower, that it would be the ability to instantly produce analytics on ANY facet of my life to date, no matter how quotidian. And I'm in the Humanities. For example, how many minutes have I spent doing everything I've done the last year? Or decade? Or lifetime? At work, how many more times have I performed a certain task compared to colleagues? At home, especially, how many more minutes have I logged doing household chores compared to cohabitants? No agenda there, of course...)

But, being that this drinking game was played in an on-campus suite of six sophomores with moderately diverse backgrounds and academic interests, I'm thinking we counted the utterances at least once. I'd like to know if I imbibed more fluid ounces than my counterparts no matter which team I was assigned to...

In Oswego we use crayons, not a pen and paper.🧐😏🏈🏋️♀️ but our version was Sunday night in my fraternity house we’d watch Star Trek to a keg (reruns, I’m not that old).  Every time the whoosh from the doors opened we’d have to drink.  The worst was one Sunday Scarface came on from HBO (rerun again not that old) and every time the f word came out . We’d have to drink.  Needless to say I don’t think anyone made it to say hello to my little friend.  That was a fun Monday morning in class.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, NOT happening.

14 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Yes, agreed. On top of that CB is a McBean acquisition, Shady came in under the old leadership. 

It would be absolutely foolish IMO to cut that guy coming off the season he and Josh had. We need all the firepower we can hang on to. 

I dont expect it either. But am not as confident as you that it is NOT going to happen. I give it maybe a 10% chance. Yes, he had a good year. But he is also 32 years old, coming off an injury and a potential distraction. The team has some young WR's and could make the business decision to let him go or look to trade him. I would not do it, just think guys actually making the decisions could. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I dont expect it either. But am not as confident as you that it is NOT going to happen. I give it maybe a 10% chance. Yes, he had a good year. But he is also 32 years old, coming off an injury and a potential distraction. The team has some young WR's and could make the business decision to let him go or look to trade him. I would not do it, just think guys actually making the decisions could. 

I will say this.  At this point, where Beasley had a SM outburst and later said he was through, he didn't want to cause further distraction to the team, No.

But if he goes off again and again or is blatant about violating protocols in a way that makes his availability questionable, it's not out of the question.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, rayray808 said:

Door #1 - Beasley follows protocols despite his social media comments - He starts in the slot, and plays the same role as last year

Door #2 - Beasley refuses to follow protocols and retires or is released by the team - McKenzie in his spot? Doubtful. Sanders? Most likely. Isiah Hodgins got some major buzz this off season so far, but I believe the team would save roughly $4M in cap space and could potentially look at adding pieces to the team, not necessarily at the WR position.

Door #3 and the most realistic IMO - Beasley stays, remains vocal about league policies, but is often injured this season and misses games here and there. What then? This should be the discussion...

Door #4 - Beasley refuses to follow protocols and also refuses to retire.  Forcing the issue, so he doesnt have to repay any bonus money.

I think this is his 'issue of principle.'  as in "why should I have to choose between my money and my beliefs?  Gonna do what I want.  If you dont like it, cut me."

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Door #4 - Beasley refuses to follow protocols and also refuses to retire.  Forcing the issue, so he doesnt have to repay any bonus money.

I think this is his 'issue of principle.'  as in "why should I have to choose between my money and my beliefs?  Gonna do what I want.  If you dont like it, cut me."

I think that was covered by the post you're responding to as "Door #2 - Beasley refuses to follow protocols and retires or is released by the team, the more formal phrasing of the colloquial term "cut"

Please avoid back-door-ing into another "Cole Beasley's Social Media Comments" thread

On 7/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

Jay Skurski indicate Cole could be a potential cut given our depth of slot receivers and his vaccine stance / his injury issues. To me, the guy is a warrior who played through a broken leg, so being injured but still suiting up and playing well is the whole best ability is availability thing.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-could-be-surprise-cut/

USAToday ranked the top slot recievers and A Buffalo Bill placed 7th, but it was Mckenzie not Cole that go the nod from Doug Farrar. I actually found it odd that jarvis Landry was not on this list more than Cole not being on the list, but ...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-best-slot-receivers-tyreek-hill-keenan-allen-juju-smith-schuster/

I Like Isaiah a lot, but when it is crunch time, Josh looks for one of three people to make a play, Stefon, Cole, and himself with his legs).

I do not see us letting either Cole or Isaiah go this year. Next year, well maybe next year.

Yeah, ranking McKenzie as a top-10 slot and Cole Beasley not, is a move by a guy who has never actually watched football and is going off TDs scored or some such silliness.

I love me some Lil' Dirty but as a slot receiver he isn't fit to carry Cole Beasley's shoestrings let alone his jockstrap.  He's getting better (McKenzie I mean) but it says it all that the Bills felt Beasley on a broken leg > McKenzie

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Beasley's role is greatly diminished this year. But it would be foolish to outright cut him. As WR centric we were last year we need all the depth we can get. God for bid Diggs has to miss a handful of games or more. I expect a big season out of Sanders, but he is old as dirt so we need to take that into consideration. Davis had a nice rookie year but we have seen rookies in the past have career years and then never get better. 

On 7/13/2021 at 1:50 PM, MJS said:

If Cole Beasley gets cut for his vaccine status, all hell will break loose. The NFLPA will have a field day.

Why would Beasley be often injured this season?

The players union is not ever going to be able to specifically show CB being cut or anyone else for that matter was for their vaccine status , Anyone can be cut for a multitude of reasons. ie; money, age, attitude, ability, injury history, team going in a different direction, etc etc… the union would be a one legged man in an azs kicking contest… they won’t have a leg to stand on…

We of course all hope Beas keeps his head out of his… and plays ball, that’s a given, otherwise the team will move on without him. That as well is a given.

Go Bills!!! Go Beas!!!

38 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The players union is not ever going to be able to specifically show CB being cut or anyone else for that matter was for their vaccine status , Anyone can be cut for a multitude of reasons. ie; money, age, attitude, ability, injury history, team going in a different direction, etc etc… the union would be a one legged man in an azs kicking contest… they won’t have a leg to stand on…

We of course all hope Beas keeps his head out of his… and plays ball, that’s a given, otherwise the team will move on without him. That as well is a given.

Go Bills!!! Go Beas!!!

Won't stop them from trying and making those claims.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Won't stop them from trying and making those claims.

This is very true…, 

What about Isaiah Hodgins in the slot... wasn't he supposed to be very quick cutting with sudden movements, and getting separation? I thought I heard that his short area shuttles were very fast. Wouldn't hurt to have a 6'3" WR in the slot on certain downs.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1