(EDIT: GOT ENGAGED!) Coming to Buffalo opening day!!! Need your help, first time in B-Lo!!!!

Alphadawg7

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

PPS:  However, if anyone has connections to the team that could maybe help me set up the proposal at the game too, hit me up as that would be huge too.

716-648-1800 ask for Guest Relations.  You could also ask if they are doing stadium tours the day before the game.  One part of the tour is letting you onto the field, you could do it on the logo at the center.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jack, that’s a great idea and proposing on the 50 yard line would be pretty

memorable.  

Alpha, I’m very sorry for you’re loss with you’re friend, but glad you’re taking the big step.  I’m sure whatever you land on will be the best day of her life.

I haven’t read all four pages, but I imagine you’ve heard enough suggestions by now.  Wherever you go, as long as you get some pizza as ours is different than other areas in the country.  I love Blasdell Pizza which is close to the stadium, but there are a lot of quality wing places, and you can’t leave Buffalo without a Beef on Weck.

What out of towners usually don’t know is there are a lot of fine dining local restaurants that are excellent.  You may not know if you do a fine dining restaurant around the falls, Niagara is where they make a good percentage of Iced Wjnes so a nice dessert type drink.

The Frank Lloyd Wright tour is fun. The best part of Buffalo though is the people.  You won’t believe how nice and friendly the people are which surprised some people I have brought to town.

HVe a great time and congratulations a little early on you’re engagement.

Go Bills!

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just finished my bottle of ranch that I bought yesterday.  Wings last night, pizza today.  Got good use out of it…money well spent.

I hope it gave you horrible gas and the runs.

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

he's like the tame lot for adults  

Right........that's the point of @Hammered a Lot the space. Being an ADULT. Not being a moron, like so many Bills "fans" have become.

People have been having a good time at those games since 1960, and I wasn't born for another 18 years. But I was at games in the early 90's as a teen, and the parking lot scene escalated into nonsense once the team became awful after 2000. It wasn't about the football/games, it was about being a doofus.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Right........that's the point of @Hammered a Lot the space. Being an ADULT. Not being a moron, like so many Bills "fans" have become.

People have been having a good time at those games since 1960, and I wasn't born for another 18 years. But I was at games in the early 90's as a teen, and the parking lot scene escalated into nonsense once the team became awful after 2000. It wasn't about the football/games, it was about being a doofus.

All it gave me was a happy stomach.

Congrats Alphadawg, you're going to have a great weekend!  I grew up in OP but haven't lived in God's country for over 30 years so I can't really make restaurant recommendations other than to agree with those who said to get a beef on weck sandwich.  That is a Buffalo specialty you can't find elsewhere (at least a good one).  My wife was a vegetarian at one point but always made an exception and had beef on weck when we visited Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Great exchange here. Fire it up for some Buffalove! Would second the idea of also getting Beef on Weck. If you have time go to North Buffalo area and Allentown (lots of bars and restaurants). Bar-Bill, Anderson's (near North Buffalo), Eagle House, Creekview are all great suggestions. Cole's is a classic Buffalo pub in North Buffalo. Lloyd Taco Factory, Sportmen's Tavern (live music). Fowler's Chocolates. Cup & Char pepperoni pizza (Bar Bill has great pizza, as does Bocci, La Nova, Picasso's). Part of living in Buffalo is getting some Canada mixed in, so make sure to order Peameal Bacon for breakfast and have some Canadian beer (Labatt or Molson) with your weck, wings or pizza. Buffalo also eats the most Fish Fry (Fish and Chips) per capita in the USA. With that all said there are a lot of great fine dining restaurants in the area, both old and new. Seems like your girlfriend deserves a romantic meal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Original Byrd Man said:

Not football related but if you're any kind of fan of architecture the Frank Lloyd Wright Martin house is something to behold, and Fredrick Ohlmsteads Delaware Park as well.  Hope your trip is a memorable one.

So much to do in Buffalo. History buffs can use the Boy Scout Historical Trail program to visit some extremely vital history spots in WNY. http://www.wnyscouting.org/resources/the-niagara-frontier-trail-medal-program/67514

For instance, the Teddy Roosevelt Inaugural site on Delaware, the Niagara Falls underground railroad museum next to the Falls train station, Fort Niagara, (as has been mentioned billions of times) the Martin house, Forest Lawn Cemetery, the Power Vista (for the engineer minded), Canalside and the naval museum.

That's only the tip of things to do outside of stuffing your face with food and drinks. 

Best of all, enjoy your trip!

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nkreed said:

So much to do in Buffalo. History buffs can use the Boy Scout Historical Trail program to visit some extremely vital history spots in WNY. http://www.wnyscouting.org/resources/the- Forest Lawn Cemetery, the Power Vista (for the engineer minded), Canalside and the naval museum.

Best of all, enjoy your trip!

At Forest lawn they have a tram tour in the warm weather (I heard its $10 for 2 hours ro take you to the famous people's graves (Millard Filmore (president), Carrier(inventor of AC),the inventor of the electric chair, Shirley Chisholm (first black female US representative) and Rick James( don't forget to say cocaine is a hell of a drug at his grave, I did)).

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

All he said was if you want the adult experience go to hammers lot. 

If she’s looking for a rowdier table type experience to go somewhere else. It’s his opinion and it seems spot on. 

It’s certainly not a reason to call people morons and doofuses. Do you talk like this to people in real life or is it exclusively and anonymous internet thing? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Just Jack said:

716-648-1800 ask for Guest Relations.  You could also ask if they are doing stadium tours the day before the game.  One part of the tour is letting you onto the field, you could do it on the logo at the center.  

Have these resumed?  I thought they were shut down by COVID.  I will definitely try doing it before the opener

1 hour ago, teef said:

depending on your time situation and the boarder situation, i think it's always worth running over to the canadian side to see the falls, or drink some wine at niagara on the lake.  

Agree. Always like Canadian side much better.....

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It blows my mind the hate against ranch.  I use ranch more than any other condiment combined.  Fries, baked potatoes, carrots, wings, pizza, bread sticks, cheese sticks etc....it all gets ranch.

You also cook your poptarts in the sun

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Listen man everybody has opinions. There's about 40 50,000 people that love those lots 

And I'm not going to judge them or call them immature or less than a Bill's fan as any of us

In fact bar stool and a lot of documentaries have gone through those lots and made videos about bills Mafia that went all over the country..  I don't think you could look at some of the shenanigans and table jumping and then just flat out judge them... If you walked through those lots you would find families, friends, generations of Bills fans, connections made forever, all because of the Buffalo Bills

I choose to look at things with the glass half full 

In fact back in the day the rock pile was a crazy party.. the fans used to bring keggers into the stands.. Bills fans have always been wild

There's just the internet now to let it all out

And OP did say his fiance wanted to go through a table

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

All he said was if you want the adult experience go to hammers lot. 

If she’s looking for a rowdier table type experience to go somewhere else. It’s his opinion and it seems spot on. 

It’s certainly not a reason to call people morons and doofuses. Do you talk like this to people in real life or is it exclusively and anonymous internet thing? 

Thanks . I literally gave an honest opinion about my take on the tailgating 

Hammers is great for an older crowd.. if you want to party with some younger people and have a bills Mafia experience.. grass lots

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.