(EDIT: GOT ENGAGED!) Coming to Buffalo opening day!!! Need your help, first time in B-Lo!!!!

Alphadawg7

On 7/11/2021 at 4:28 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Ted's and Anderson's for fast food. 

Cafe Aroma (Williamsville) for Italian. 

Eagle House (Williamsville) for American.

Trust me Bro, you will NOT be sorry!!!! I will be up there later this month and will hit all 4 of these great places.

This except Anderson's. They're very bland and expensive for what they are. They're like nursing home food. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

All he said was if you want the adult experience go to hammers lot. 

If she’s looking for a rowdier table type experience to go somewhere else. It’s his opinion and it seems spot on. 

It’s certainly not a reason to call people morons and doofuses. Do you talk like this to people in real life or is it exclusively and anonymous internet thing? 

I formally apologize to all the MENSA's that jump through burning tables and shotgun beers out of their girlfriend's buttcracks. 

My bad if I've offended anyone. I'll stay in the "boring" lot for tailgating. 

I think someone referenced Canada as it’s been so hard to get into since the pandemic.  If you stay on the American side, go to cave of the winds as it’s so much fun and can do the maid of the mist.  Just

make sure to tell you’re future wife she’s going to get sopping wet even with rain slickers and for her bring a scrunchie or two. Cheap air dry clothes and no expensive sunglasses and sneakers.  They will not survive.  It’s definitely worth it.  When I flew

my kids up two years ago (our yearly bills game trip) they absolutely loved this adventure from someone who’s never seen it.  You literally walk under a small portion of the falls.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

This except Anderson's. They're very bland and expensive for what they are. They're like nursing home food. 

Remember it is fast food. There is no place in these parts that resembles Anderson's. I smother it in the au juus and throw lots of black pepper on it. Then, I follow it up with vanilla custard. I pretty much only eat like this up in Williamsville. 

Btw in terms of price, a few months ago I went to Nathan's and had 2 hot dogs and a small coke. It cost me $11.50. I'm not making this up. I am not a cheap person by any means but doesn't that seem excessive?

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

Just got a response from the FO customer service.  No tours are planned at this current time, but please check back in the future

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Remember it is fast food. There is no place in these parts that resembles Anderson's. I smother it in the au juus and throw lots of black pepper on it. Then, I follow it up with vanilla custard. I pretty much only eat like this up in Williamsville. 

Btw in terms of price, a few months ago I went to Nathan's and had 2 hot dogs and a small coke. It cost me $11.50. I'm not making this up. I am not a cheap person by any means but doesn't that seem excessive?

$5.50 for a small coke does seem excessive.😲

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I hear ya man, and valid question.  Ive been to many Bills game out in the west coast, but every year I am always like this is the year I go to Buffalo.  But I would either have friends flake, money or work get in the way, or even my girlfriend (not this one, past girlfriends) flake.  

It’s been a major item on my list right next to a trip to Portugal (I’m half Portuguese and found my family tree when my grandma passed showing where we are from) to see where my family started on my Portuguese side.  

My current girlfriend though is all about doing the things that mean the most to me.  And wow, did she come through with a big one for me.  This is why I’m gonna marry this one!  

I’m gonna paraphrase  the great Bart Scott “Don’t wait”!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, Bill from NYC said:

You think that is bad, I took the family to Disney World about 3 years ago, 3 hot dogs, a water, a large pop & an order of fries $46.  When the guy handed me my order he said with a big smile "have a magical day!."  I told him to go f*ck himself.    

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You think that is bad, I took the family to Disney World about 3 years ago, 3 hot dogs, a water, a large pop & an order of fries $46.  When the guy handed me my order he said with a big smile "have a magical day!."  I told him to go f*ck himself.    

no you didn't.

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Actually yeah I did.  

so...you went to disney world not knowing that the place is astronomically expensive, and then swore at a kid that was doing his job because you weren't aware of the prices?

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47553sr0qy6mq9tk6vorf

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

so...you went to disney world not knowing that the place is astronomically expensive, and then swore at a kid that was doing his job because you weren't aware of the prices?

Haha, no I am well aware of the Disney prices, we stay at a condo down in Orlando about 3 miles from the park.  We go there every fall. Disney is the biggest ripoff there is bar none.  My son & I usually don't go to the parks anymore when we go down there as we have been to them so many times and like I said they are huge ripoff.  My daughter and wife still go to the parks as my daughter is still into princesses and that kind of stuff.  But yeah, I am well aware of the prices, guy just caught me on the wrong day.

Just now, Gordio said:

Haha, no I am well aware of the Disney prices, we stay at a condo down in Orlando about 3 miles from the park.  We go there every fall. Disney is the biggest ripoff there is bar none.  My son & I usually don't go to the parks anymore when we go down there as we have been to them so many times and like I said they are huge ripoff.  My daughter and wife still go to the parks as my daughter is still into princesses and that kind of stuff.  But yeah, I am well aware of the prices, guy just caught me on the wrong day.  & he wasnt a kid, he was at least 30 years old.  

2 hours ago, teef said:

& he wasnt a kid, he was well over 20 years old.

34 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Haha, no I am well aware of the Disney prices, we stay at a condo down in Orlando about 3 miles from the park.  We go there every fall. Disney is the biggest ripoff there is bar none.  My son & I usually don't go to the parks anymore when we go down there as we have been to them so many times and like I said they are huge ripoff.  My daughter and wife still go to the parks as my daughter is still into princesses and that kind of stuff.  But yeah, I am well aware of the prices, guy just caught me on the wrong day.

& he wasnt a kid, he was well over 20 years old.

there really is a trick to going to disney, "cheaper" not that i know what it is.  i went to the halloween party there a few years ago, stayed on the grounds, and my god was it pricy.  fun, but wow.

2 hours ago, teef said:

there really is a trick to going to disney, "cheaper" not that i know what it is.  i went to the halloween party there a few years ago, stayed on the grounds, and my god was it pricy.  fun, but wow.

We do the swan / dolphin and usually have some extended family along. Always put everything on the Bonvoy Amex that week. At least I can rack up enough bonvoy points to bankroll lodging for 1-2 other trips. I think wife and I stayed at the Westin in Napa a few nights for “free” after our last Disney trip 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.