(EDIT: GOT ENGAGED!) Coming to Buffalo opening day!!! Need your help, first time in B-Lo!!!!

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I ate wings last night watching the UFC fight.  
I went through about a half bottle or ranch because I was covering each wing with it.  It’s just the best.

Was nice to see McGregor show so much class as always.....🙄

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As some of you know, I’m California born and raised, and been a die hard Bills fan for about 35 years.  I’ve never actually been to Buffalo, let alone a game in Buffalo.  Well that’s about to change!

Just turned 45 today and my girlfriend just surprised me with tickets, row 9 seats on Bills side for opening day vs Steelers!  I’m so f-ing stoked!!!!

This will be an even more meaningful game for me as I just had a friend pass away 3 weeks ago from complications of severe permanent damage COVID did to him a year ago and he was a die hard Steelers fan.  My girl bought the tickets before that happened, but couldn’t be a more perfect game for my first time in Buffalo to see the Bills play.  I’ll have a patch in Steelers colors with his name on it sewn onto my Josh Allen jersey as well.  

Anyway, looking for some suggestions to do while there or places to eat.  I know we are hitting Niagara Falls, but any other suggestions would be awesome!!!

PS:  She doesn’t know it yet, but I already bought an engagement ring too. Now that this came up, I think I’m changing the plan I had and going to do it at Niagara Falls.  We are both huge fans of The Office too, and her favorite episode is the one at Niagara Falls where Jim and Pam get married :) But shhhhhh don’t tell her ;) 🤣

PPS:  However, if anyone has connections to the team that could maybe help me set up the proposal at the game too, hit me up as that would be huge too.

Now THIS is an offseason thread for the ages!! Thank you, @Alphadawg7, for breathing a desperately needed tail wind into the dreaded pre-training camp doldrums that is mid-July. All the best to you and your gal. She sounds like a keeper! 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As some of you know, I’m California born and raised, and been a die hard Bills fan for about 35 years.  I’ve never actually been to Buffalo, let alone a game in Buffalo.  Well that’s about to change!

Just turned 45 today and my girlfriend just surprised me with tickets, row 9 seats on Bills side for opening day vs Steelers!  I’m so f-ing stoked!!!!

This will be an even more meaningful game for me as I just had a friend pass away 3 weeks ago from complications of severe permanent damage COVID did to him a year ago and he was a die hard Steelers fan.  My girl bought the tickets before that happened, but couldn’t be a more perfect game for my first time in Buffalo to see the Bills play.  I’ll have a patch in Steelers colors with his name on it sewn onto my Josh Allen jersey as well.  

Anyway, looking for some suggestions to do while there or places to eat.  I know we are hitting Niagara Falls, but any other suggestions would be awesome!!!

PS:  She doesn’t know it yet, but I already bought an engagement ring too. Now that this came up, I think I’m changing the plan I had and going to do it at Niagara Falls.  We are both huge fans of The Office too, and her favorite episode is the one at Niagara Falls where Jim and Pam get married :) But shhhhhh don’t tell her ;) 🤣

PPS:  However, if anyone has connections to the team that could maybe help me set up the proposal at the game too, hit me up as that would be huge too.

I would specifically call up the bills .. tell them your story

Lifelong fan first time here.. want to propose

They might make something happen for you bro

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ted's and Anderson's for fast food. 

Cafe Aroma (Williamsville) for Italian. 

Eagle House (Williamsville) for American.

Trust me Bro, you will NOT be sorry!!!! I will be up there later this month and will hit all 4 of these great places.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I would specifically call up the bills .. tell them your story

Lifelong fan first time here.. want to propose

They might make something happen for you bro

I mean I guess it's worth a try, have seen it done here and there on the news stations and I think ESPN before. Don't know how all that works and who you would need to contact about that type of thing. 

But if that's something one would be interesting in doing it would be worth a try. All they can say is no lol.

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I mean I guess it's worth a try, have seen it done here and there on the news stations and I think ESPN before. Don't know how all that works and who you would need to contact about that type of thing. 

But if that's something one would be interesting in doing it would be worth a try. All they can say is no lol.

Buffalo has always been a close-knit community. There's been a lot of proposals at the Ralph

Just literally call the main line, or ticket rep and they will absolutely get you in contact with the right people 

Whether it all works out or not, toss up .. but I'd be willing to bet that they would get him talking with the right people

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I ate wings last night watching the UFC fight.  
I went through about a half bottle or ranch because I was covering each wing with it.  It’s just the best.

I SPECIFICALLY rebooted my computer (not logged in on my phone anymore) to comment on this particular answer.

Get out, lemon-pepper boy. 

Just get out. 

Your cheating heart won't bring us all down........

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

think I’m changing the plan I had and going to do it at Niagara Falls.

That is the best way to do it imo. At the game would be cool and all, but the Falls is majestic and would be quieter with alot less ppl Good chance you could find a spot with mainly just you and her. I think it would mean more to both of you in the long run for sure.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Buffalo has always been a close-knit community. There's been a lot of proposals at the Ralph

Just literally call the main line, or ticket rep and they will absolutely get you in contact with the right people 

Whether it all works out or not, toss up .. but I'd be willing to bet that they would get him talking with the right people

Gotcha....that would be great and all, especially if she's die hard Bills fan like him. He mentioned going to the Falls and possibly doing it there. I would definitely do something like that at the Falls over doing at Bills game for sure. That's just me though....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Gotcha....that would be great and all, especially if she's die hard Bills fan like him. He mentioned going to the Falls and possibly doing it there. I would definitely do something like that at the Falls over doing at Bills game for sure. That's just me though....

Definitely more romantic... 

Unless she really is the type of girl , that wears Bills jerseys around the house in eye black.. speaks in cadances and her phone ringtone is the shout song... 

Maybe Id do the bills thing then

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Trust me Bro, you will NOTbe sorry!!!! I will be up there later this month and will hit all 4 of these great places.

Ted's? You can do better hot dogs at home, and the "cheese fries" are fries with a cup of orange "cheese" sauce like you'd get at a high school football game...

• Disagree 2

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Ted's? You can do better hot dogs at home, and the "cheese fries" are fries with a cup of orange "cheese" sauce like you'd get at a high school football game...

There is nothing like Ted's in these parts. The open flame taste is great! Once in a while I cook Hebrew Nationals on the grill and they are good, but I prefer Ted's beef franks. 

At my age I shouldn't eat too many franks. :( 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CuseBill said:

Alphadawg, I have a great idea!  You said she gave you "tickets" (plural)...How about I drive over from the 'Cuse and meet up with you and the future fiance to show you all around and I can take photos of the proposal and all before you take me to the opening game.  Sound like a plan?

Hahahaha, I don’t think she will sign off on me going to the game with someone else instead of her.  She’s already bought a bunch of Bills gear too and she wants to go through tables lol

23 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

She’s a die hard Niners fan, born and raised in the Bay Area originally.  But she roots hard for the Bills now too and is all in on this trip.  She’s got her Bills gear already that she bought and wants to go through some tables even as she said she wants to show Niners fans can hang too.  She loves Bills Mafia and has become a big fan of Josh Allen too

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely more romantic... 

Unless she really is the type of girl , that wears Bills jerseys around the house in eye black.. speaks in cadances and her phone ringtone is the shout song... 

Maybe Id do the bills thing then

Im most likely doing it at Niagara.  We both absolutely love The Office as I mentioned earlier and her favorite is the wedding at Niagara.  She even wants to take the same boat tour of the falls they did when they got married.  So May do it on that boat or somewhere else around the falls.  

Was going to take her to a helicopter tour of Grand Canyon and have it land in a remote spot only the helicopter can reach and do sunset dinner and propose then.  But after this surprise trip, I think Niagara Falls will be even better.

She is in baby mode, definitely wants one.  We were talking about maybe starting to try beginning of 2022…but now she’s been running around today saying she wants me to get her pregnant during the game at the stadium though hahaha.  So maybe I’ll give her that at the game hahaha

• Haha (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Trust me Bro, you will NOT be sorry!!!! I will be up there later this month and will hit all 4 of these great places.

I think we’ve discussed this, but you aren’t going to the home opener, correct?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.