Barkevious Mingo released due to child sex allegations

I will say it is interesting how quickly the Falcons released Mingo.  Sex crime allegations against NFL and college players in the past (Big Ben, Travis Henry, Jameis, etc.) didn't lead to immediate releases.  Would Mingo still be on their roster if this was a teenage girl?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I never heard that….can you send a link for it?  I thought it was ass whippings.   

And that’s not molestation if true.

Your personal preferences aside, caning a  4 year old, let alone on a part of his anatomy that results in scrotal lacerations,  is child abuse.   

This can't be made more clear.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Why? I don't see anyone named Barkevious Mingo as a poster on here.

Apparently, if you don’t immediately express the desire to execute Mingo in the streets without yet learning all the facts, you are a filthy scumbag.

I still believe in innocent until proven guilty like many “awful” people have also posted in this thread, so I guess I’m a proponent of raping children also 😒

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Or any other part of his or her body.  All you do when you injure you’re child is teach them violence is the final solution.  Not a great lesson.  

I understand a toddler who touches an oven smacking his/her hand to teach them HOT.  No Touch as they don’t understand language yet.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Not sticking up for the guy and if true he should be prosecuted to the fullest but to rub a "burning lotion" on the ones skin then rub his junk on it seems a bit odd as one would think someone would try and avoid getting "burning lotion" on their junk. Who knows as people are weird.

Agree. What a twisted world we live in.  If it's true, wow... WTF, people are weird. If it's not true, wow... WTF, people are weird. 

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I will say it is interesting how quickly the Falcons released Mingo.  Sex crime allegations against NFL and college players in the past (Big Ben, Travis Henry, Jameis, etc.) didn't lead to immediate releases.  Would Mingo still be on their roster if this was a teenage girl?

I'm sure this will be unpopular but the fact is Mingo isn't a good enough player to get in trouble and keep his job.

Teams willingness to put up with things off the field is directly tied to your talent level.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Apparently, if you don’t immediately express the desire to execute Mingo in the streets without yet learning all the facts, you are a filthy scumbag.

I still believe in innocent until proven guilty like many “awful” people have also posted in this thread, so I guess I’m a proponent of raping children also 😒

Thats a bit extreme and painting with a very large brush - I 110% agree the facts need to come out - what the person was referencing what the hot for teacher comments and then ensuing comments after that.  At least that's how I read it.

Bottom line - serious subject yet some are either minimizing it or dismissing it.  That I believe is the intention of the poster who said this subject isn't showing the best side of TBD posters.  Not all of them by a long shot but the cracks are being exposed.  My $0.02  

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Splitting hairs but usually they will use the term "Minor" if it's a teenager. Child is usually reserved for under 12. That's not an exact science of course, just what I've noticed seeing these cases in the news.

I get what you are saying.

This happened with the media during the case involving Trayvon Martin. The media kept referring to Martin as a child, not a minor, and constantly showed us photographs of him, and he looked like a 10-12 year old.

Then there was a picture of Martin released of what he looked like when he was 16 or 17, and what a difference it was.

There really needs to be a clear definition that differentiates between a child and a minor.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Or any other part of his or her body.  All you do when you injure you’re child is teach them violence is the final solution.  Not a great lesson.  

I understand a toddler who touches an oven smacking his/her hand to teach them HOT.  No Touch as they don’t understand language yet.

AGREE!  Smacking the hand is a way of pushing the hand away from getting hurt even worse.  

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Your personal preferences aside, caning a  4 year old, let alone on a part of his anatomy that results in scrotal lacerations,  is child abuse.   

This can't be made more clear.

I wasn’t arguing whether or not that was abuse.  I know that’s abuse.

This is a Mingo thread about sexual abuse….that’s what I was referring to and thought that’s what this topic was about.