Barkevious Mingo released due to child sex allegations

14 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

Child predators are literally the worst pieces of trash humanity has to offer

Can’t throw the book hard enough as far as I’m concerned. Hope the child is ok. 

Worse than people that talk during movies.  Which is a hard thing to pass. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Nope, still disgusting and will scar a child for  life. These people need to be destroyed. My brother in law who is a US Marshal specializes in this area.

Ktulu, exactly.  Tampa was an embarrassment several years ago, and  the community was worse in their juvenile reaction.  There were at least two different incidents of teachers separately not linked together of young female teachers (20’s) having sex with a young boy (I think 16 or so).  So two young boys are scarred from that life event and morons at the gym,

restaurants, etc we’re trying to make jokes of it as they were attractive.

I look at these decisions as just as disgusting for a female teacher to a teenage boy as of it were reversed.  My daughter is 17 and I would do something I can’t discuss if that were to occur by a man or woman.

Its likely since he turned himself in that he did something so rot in prison then hell.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ktulu, exactly.  Tampa was an embarrassment several years ago, and  the community was worse in their juvenile reaction.  There were at least two different incidents of teachers separately not linked together of young female teachers (20’s) having sex with a young boy (I think 16 or so).  So two young boys are scarred from that life event and morons at the gym,

restaurants, etc we’re trying to make jokes of it as they were attractive.

I look at these decisions as just as disgusting for a female teacher to a teenage boy as of it were reversed.  My daughter is 17 and I would do something I can’t discuss if that were to occur by a man or woman.

Its likely since he turned himself in that he did something so rot in prison then hell.  

He has to turn himself in or they would forcefully arrest him. Many arrested individuals are eventually found not guilty. If he is guilty, then he should have the book thrown at him, but perhaps we should not race to judgement until those pesky things called facts are fully known and the man is tried.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Have you read the thread title?? “Child”.  So now we know it’s a teenager. Shall we put Mingo in front of a firing squad now? Or wait? Granted, I’m not condoning any sexual contact with a person under the age of consent, but those who were seeking death by 1,000 cuts (up thread) didn’t even balance this allegation vs confirmed abuse by teachers/boy scout troop leaders/priests. Why is this (black) man different?

Calm down cupcake. Nowhere in my post did I accuse any man of any color of anything. I simply stated a terminology trend I've seen in news headlines, find someone else to use your pent up anger on.

• Like (+1) 1

Child abuse is beyond awful. Absolutely despise that institutions have been involved in covering it up, just as guilty as individuals. In this case, I'm not so sure, and will let facts come out rather than rushing to judgment. Mingo seems like an OK person. He helped Armonty Bryant when Bryant was fighting substance abuse. The fact that his lawyer even focused on the Falcons releasing him, rather than only the indecency charge, makes me think this needs to play out in court, letting facts come out.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you not think there is a difference in sexual molestation and spanking with switch?  If I was a minor, I know which one I’d rather have done to me.

Yeah really, I grew up getting hit with switch, paddles, belts etc. It's different now days, I wouldn't hit my kids like that, but regardless, totally different scenario between that and sexual abuse.

Nothing at all about a kid should ever turn on an adult in any way once so ever....

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

poster said “anyone who abuses a child”.

AP beat his son’s genitals bloody.  

No.

see above.

I never heard that….can you send a link for it?  I thought it was ass whippings.   

And that’s not molestation if true.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah really, I grew up getting hit with switch, paddles, belts etc. It's different now days, I wouldn't hit my kids like that, but regardless, totally different scenario between that and sexual abuse.

Nothing at all about a kid should ever turn on an adult in any way once so ever....

I used to have to get my dad’s belt from the closet.  My mom once knocked me out cold with a Pert Plus shampoo bottle.  I came home way late and was in the bathroom brushing my teeth.  She approached me giving me ****.  I told her to “back the F off”. She reached into my shower and got the bottle….I woke up a few seconds later on the floor.

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was.  During the whipping the kids scrote was struck.  

https://fansided.com/2014/09/12/disturbing-text-messages-adrian-peterson-childs-mother/

Okay….that’s a lot different than stroking his  genitals to get aroused. 

Edited by Royale with Cheese

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why does it take two years?  The pandemic? 🙄🙄🙄

"The allegations against Barkevious Mingo

Warning: The following section contains alleged details of a sexual assault.

In documents obtained by Sports Illustrated's Jon Wertheim, the Arlington Police Department alleges that the incident in question occurred on the Fourth of July in 2019, when Mingo allegedly invited a male teenage family member and his friend out for the day.

The trio allegedly spent the holiday at Six Flags Over Texas, a go-kart complex and a steakhouse, with Mingo also treating the boys to several purchases from Nike.com. They then allegedly returned to a hotel where Mingo was staying. At 3 a.m., the friend of Mingo's relative claims he woke up with Mingo in bed with him, then woke up later with Mingo pulling down his underwear. The alleged victim said he was scared and pretended to be asleep while Mingo rubbed a burning lotion into his skin and rubbed his penis along his buttocks.

The alleged victim's mother reportedly filed a complaint in Jan. 2021."

Not sticking up for the guy and if true he should be prosecuted to the fullest but to rub a "burning lotion" on the ones skin then rub his junk on it seems a bit odd as one would think someone would try and avoid getting "burning lotion" on their junk. Who knows as people are weird.

• Agree 1

Here's an update with a short excerpt:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31805729/barkevious-mingo-lawyer-scolds-atlanta-falcons-releasing-linebacker-following-arrest

"The lawyer for linebacker Barkevious Mingo has chastised the Atlanta Falcons for releasing the veteran after he was charged with indecency with a child-sexual contact.

"We are extremely disappointed in the Atlanta Falcons' rush to judgment in terminating Barkevious Mingo's contract before gathering all of the relevant facts and prior to my client having his day in court," Mingo's lead counsel, Chris Lewis, said in a statement given to ESPN's Adam Schefter. "The accusation against Mr. Mingo is a lie. Barkevious knows it -- so does his accuser.""

Abuse on any level to a child (17 and younger and you’d know that if you’re a parent) is wrong.

there is no parsing it.  It’s all wrong. One can state well this person had it worse etc. but it’s all wrong.

I understand to allow the process play out. That statement makes sense, but there is absolutely no justifying even if it has been done to you. None.

I can certainly bring up a lot of examples of people who didn’t continue to do it after done to them.  

More of us than not know people who have been hurt in one way or another.