(LAMP) Against my better judgement, and fear of crucifixion, me on bass

Draconator

8 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Nice!

I hope you don't mind, but I'll share some that I recently recorded too ... also against my better judgement. I didn't start playing guitar until my mid-40s, which is a bad time to develop fine motor skills. I find rhythm guitar to be much more forgiving than lead, so that's what I do. These are three of the more difficult songs that I can sort of play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FENzcimlzjs&list=PLHxhswzl1jOzVmQpoa_xo6D-IEqIRrFJs

A rhythm guitarist is just as important as a lead guitarist. Nice work on all the songs!

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its nice to see theres a few regular guys here.  According to self-reported polling data, the average TBDer is 6'3", has 5% body fat, makes about $500,000 a year and spends his free time analyzing which super models are fit to bed.  

You don’t fit this description? BTW you are a little light on pay 💰

On 7/9/2021 at 10:20 PM, Draconator said:

During the beginning of Covid in 2020, I made some video's of me on bass (and some selected keyboard, yes, it's a Casio). 

There are some flub ups in each of the video's. I didn't select easy songs. (Like 8 of the 9 videos are Rush). 

The only thing I ask, is please be gentle. But I would like to get your feedback. 

And maybe I should practice these songs again so I can remember how to play them...

https://vimeo.com/kenhoffman

Ken, that was very cool. Thanks for sharing that part of your life.

I aspire to play bass - have aspired for a long time!

I particularly enjoyed Billie Jean. That is such a great bass groove. I gotta learn that one.

3 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Ken, that was very cool. Thanks for sharing that part of your life.

I aspire to play bass - have aspired for a long time!

I particularly enjoyed Billie Jean. That is such a great bass groove. I gotta learn that one.

Thank you!

As for Billie Jean, no song builds up strength in your left hand more than that song. I was surprised that although you're not running up and down the fretboard, your hand can become quite fatigued while playing it. (At least that's what I found). 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2021 at 3:32 AM, Draconator said:

Thank you!

As for Billie Jean, no song builds up strength in your left hand more than that song. I was surprised that although you're not running up and down the fretboard, your hand can become quite fatigued while playing it. (At least that's what I found). 

I missed this thread a year ago. I love that you are doing something YOU love to do in your life and shared it with us 🙂 Im partial to bass in rock music anyway. It's the instrument my son plays. He rocks a black Gibson Ripper 1973 (same guitar as Gene Simmons from KISS) Keep on rockin' bro!

m

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.