Apple might get Sunday Ticket

50 minutes ago, eball said:

2003 says hi.

That's what I use.  My brother gave me one and then a friend gave me their top-of-the-line one (that now costs $450!) and it's worked well.  Have it in my mom's house in Rochester.  Although if I can get ST for $80, I'm going to do that.

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

About the same, right now DTV is throwing in free HBO Max for a year to sign up for DTV. 

What does ST cost to add on to DTV?

YouTube TV doesn't need any add ons to get all Bills games.

Im in Atlanta so I need the Ticket….I use my dad’s.  I think it’s like $55 a month for 5 months?

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

About the same, right now DTV is throwing in free HBO Max for a year to sign up for DTV. 

What does ST cost to add on to DTV?

YouTube TV doesn't need any add ons to get all Bills games.

YouTube TV will not allow you to get Buffalo stations out of the Buffalo market.

7 hours ago, eball said:

2003 says hi.

I get HD quality streaming from my kids house….  Never miss a game…. I lived in Far East Russia and used to get up @3am to catch the games….

live north of Tampa now and have frontier 500/500 internet and YouTube tv.

if it ain’t broke… don’t fix it..

37 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

YouTube TV will not allow you to get Buffalo stations out of the Buffalo market.

It will if you register it In Buffalo… just need to visit when you set it up…. Need to log on every once in a while from there as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

This is no different than prior years, strictly references people who can't get reception.  But even then prior I've entered addresses of a nursing home in Florida and a brand new built house that there'd be no way DTV would be able to tell if I could or couldn't get reception.   Every single address I ever entered stated it wasn't eligible.

In the past day I've read some links that say indicate yes anyone can now get the streaming service stand alone, but just as many links basically say nothing has changed.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:46 PM, Augie said:

I’ve taken a LOT of real estate classes in Florida and Georgia and the laws say (or did at the time) that HOA’s are not allowed to prohibit dishes. A landlord may be able to (you can’t alter their property), and the HOA may TELL you you can’t have one, but it would not hold up if challenged. Pretty sure that’s still true. FYI for what it’s worth. 

Correct, think the issue isn't the HOA specific, but you can't alter THEIR property, only your own.  So if you have a unit that faces south great hang it out your window (as long as it doesn't require holes to be drilled in their building) , but if you face north only, you're not allowed to run a cable up to the roof and place it up there without the HOA's permission.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

5 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

So interesting I have YouTube TV, live down in NC and have a 2nd house up in eastern PA.  I initially set up YouTube down here in NC.  Recently when traveling up there, within 24 hours of arriving, my laptop switched to the local Phily stations.  Even though the TV had never resided in a house other than PA one day would have Phily stations, next day NC stations, couldn't make up it's mind it seemed.  And anything I recorded, on their "DVR" was recording on the NC stations even though I was in Pa at the time the recording was made.   I was there for a a month BTW so wasn't a short visit.  Once I returned to NC, it picked up stations here again right away.

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So interesting I have YouTube TV, live down in NC and have a 2nd house up in eastern PA.  I initially set up YouTube down here in NC.  Recently when traveling up there, within 24 hours of arriving, my laptop switched to the local Phily stations.  Even though the TV had never resided in a house other than PA one day would have Phily stations, next day NC stations, couldn't make up it's mind it seemed.  And anything I recorded, on their "DVR" was recording on the NC stations even though I was in Pa at the time the recording was made.   I was there for a a month BTW so wasn't a short visit.  Once I returned to NC, it picked up stations here again right away.

They use location settings on your device to determine where you are and which locals you receive.

Does anyone know whether you can “spoof” YouTube TV with a VPN to receive Buffalo channels out of market?

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, eball said:

They use location settings on your device to determine where you are and which locals you receive.

Does anyone know whether you can “spoof” YouTube TV with a VPN to receive Buffalo channels out of market?

Understood, but the fact that my TV was flipping back and forth every couple days between NC and Philly stations is still kind of strange??  The TV never moved.

I wonder too about the VPN spoofing.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, Motorin' said:

It already is a stand alone and you don't need DTV to buy Sunday Ticket. 

Kind of. It is a stand alone in some areas. I live in the capitol region, and I tried getting it as a stand alone and it is a no go. I used to coach for a long time, so I have a former athlete in med school. So I get it through her. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Kind of. It is a stand alone in some areas. I live in the capitol region, and I tried getting it as a stand alone and it is a no go. I used to coach for a long time, so I have a former athlete in med school. So I get it through her. 

Yeah, I didn't realize they put so many restrictions on who can access it. It just always worked for me as a stand alone app. Pretty dumb business model if you ask me. 

I dont have need for Sunday Ticket, as I attend pretty much all home Bills games at this point.  I would, however, consider a pay-per game type of option.  If I dont want to watch the Eagles/Cowboys 4PM game, and the 49ers play the Cardinals and I have a bunch of fantasy guys playing... I would consider paying a few bucks. 

I had Directv for a long time.  Once AT&T bought them, they stopped caring.  CS reps were basically told to stonewall anyone looking for discounts and they really tried to push their AT&T packages as well as the Directv streaming option as opposed to satellite service.   Cut the cord on that awhile back and its been great.  Had Hulu for awhile, switched to Youtube TV... but now we actually dont have anything besides Prime, Netflix, Disney, and HBO Max (we had those things anyway).

Apple is awful though.  I hope the NFL doesnt give them any sort of exclusivity.  Apple's entire business model relies/leans on exclusivity and high pricing.

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I dont have need for Sunday Ticket, as I attend pretty much all home Bills games at this point.  I would, however, consider a pay-per game type of option.  If I dont want to watch the Eagles/Cowboys 4PM game, and the 49ers play the Cardinals and I have a bunch of fantasy guys playing... I would consider paying a few bucks. 

I had Directv for a long time.  Once AT&T bought them, they stopped caring.  CS reps were basically told to stonewall anyone looking for discounts and they really tried to push their AT&T packages as well as the Directv streaming option as opposed to satellite service.   Cut the cord on that awhile back and its been great.  Had Hulu for awhile, switched to Youtube TV... but now we actually dont have anything besides Prime, Netflix, Disney, and HBO Max (we had those things anyway).

Apple is awful though.  I hope the NFL doesnt give them any sort of exclusivity.  Apple's entire business model relies/leans on exclusivity and high pricing.

People say this, but I don't think we actually want it. ST is expensive, I get it. But a pay per view game is probably not going to be $8 bucks. If I had to guess, right around $40. That is what they are charging to watch a new release moving at home via Disney+. 

The NFL has us bent over a barrel at the moment. I find it annoying that Sunday ticket doesn't just carry 100% of NFL games at their cost. 

On 7/9/2021 at 7:38 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiOmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJldXRlcnMuY29tL2FydGljbGUvdXMtYXBwbGUtbmZsLWlkVVNLQ04yRUYxV0TSATRodHRwczovL21vYmlsZS5yZXV0ZXJzLmNvbS9hcnRpY2xlL2FtcC9pZFVTS0NOMkVGMVdE?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

This seems like a pretty big and good deal for those of us stuck with DTV.

The ability to stream games on a dedicated site would be a godsend for many NFL fans and seems like such a no brainer. 
   I would like to see the ability to stream individual games as opposed to signing up for a whole season.

As long as I can buy the package without being required to buy an iPhone or Apple product to watch, and they don't gouge on price.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As long as I can buy the package without being required to buy an iPhone or Apple product to watch, and they don't gouge on price.

Corporate America gouging on price?????

Highly doubt that 😳

• Haha (+1) 2