Phobias...whatcha got?

BringBackFergy

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just fished this fella out of my sump pump pit.  I missed the first time and he hid below the pump.  Got him second time.  Relocated him to "Bullfrog Central" at the pond in the cemetery behind my house:

20210708_193104.thumb.jpg.8363ee7af18162507768314d440b03f7.jpg

Poor fella he would have croaked there if I didn't trap and relocate him... Cats, on other had would have went nuts in basement had it made it past and over the sump cover! 😕😞

See, that has made me feel sick. Only glanced at it a second.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BritBill said:

See, that has made me feel sick. Only glanced at it a second.

Oops. 😏

I subscribe to the "only way to beat your phobias is to confront your phobias."  LoL... I didn't grab that bugger, I flicked him into a *pitcher!

20210709_071600.thumb.jpg.268651c0a7e957ed24efc822d2dfce3f.jpg

*Don't fret, we haven't drank juice or lemonade outta that pitcher for years.  It's permanently on "sump duty" to trap and relocate wayward critters! 😉

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bees/wasps...why the F do we have bees and wasps? And don't give me any of that pollination nonsense...we can get plenty of that from butterflys and moths. One time had a wasp in the family room. I made my wife go in and take care of it while stayed in the kitchen to protect the kids.

Also, feet. Not scared of them, but 99.99% of people's feet are f'ing gross (mine included)

Just now, DD4Bills said:

Bees/wasps...why the F do we have bees and wasps? And don't give me any of that pollination nonsense...we can get plenty of that from butterflys and moths. One time had a wasp in the family room. I made my wife go in and take care of it while stayed in the kitchen to protect the kids.

Also, feet. Not scared of them, but 99.99% of people's feet are f'ing gross (mine included)

I agree with bees and wasps. Was having a great day trout fishing last summer and stepped on a mud wasp nest…10 stings later (to head and legs) my son drove me down mountain to ER. Worst experience. Now carry Benadryl in my fishing pack. 

1 hour ago, DD4Bills said:

Wasps: Do you wanna live in piles of insects?

Bees:  Do you wanna eat?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I agree with bees and wasps. Was having a great day trout fishing last summer and stepped on a mud wasp nest…10 stings later (to head and legs) my son drove me down mountain to ER. Worst experience. Now carry Benadryl in my fishing pack. 

Shame on you... You need to suck it up! 😉😜

People in general as I'm often uncomfortable in social situations.

I've had one for dogs as well since I was little.  I think it stemmed from living next door to a mean German Shepard that was always barking violently in the backyard more often than not and at me a good number of times.  Wasn't just me, our mailman at the time said it tried to bite him a few times as it got older.

A few weeks ago a dog jumped all over me walking and I just let it without engaging with him.  It's like I still never know kind of thing 

I have fear of funeral homes.

My parents were divorced when I was 3 and surprisingly my father took the kids.  It is even more surprisingly now I look back on my life and how poor he was with kids.  I never heard from my mother's side of family until I needed to go to a wake and it was hers.  A man, my uncle I was told, asked me to take the pillow from her head since I was her oldest child.  I avoided funeral homes for most of my life after that going to one wake for a coworker's wife which was not at a funeral home.  When my step mother, the woman who raised me, died, I went to her wake at funeral home and the whole time there I felt like crawling into a coffin and hiding.

I think I developed a fear of heights over the years. I used to climb trees and climb on roofs with no issues when I was young,  now I freak out when I have to get up on the roof to fetch a frisbee or whatever else the kids get stuck up there.

Also hate 🕷

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.