Phobias...whatcha got?

BringBackFergy

Heights, when not in a car. I just did fine driving in Rocky Mountain National Park in my 4Runner; my passenger was not cool at all with the view. 

The swings that raise up at amusement parks? NO WAY. 

I'm OK with roller coasters, however. As long as I'm attached to something, all good. 

Bridges sometimes get me weird. The long bridge in Hamilton, Ontario over the lake freaks me out. But the Golden Gate is perfectly fine. I would imagine the Lake Ponchatrain causeway in LA would freak me out for 20 miles over that water.

Went through a few years when I was 18 and up to about 21 or so, I was scared of really hot ladies. You know the ones you come across once in a while that are super duper, smokin hot and so beautiful that you'd believe are flawless. Well scared talk to em, not scared of em literally. 

As I got older I no longer gave a *****

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

MRI and CAT Scan machines.  Breaks my psyche like nothing else can, especially if they need to put that cage over your head.  I drove four hours to a sit-down style MRI.  If the nearest one was in Singapore, I'd fly there.  

My first MRI was on a Friday afternoon. She said close your eyes going in and she put a hand on my ankle to reassure me. It stopped vibrating after 18 minutes to move me. At that point I realized the hand was no longer on my ankle. I made the life altering mistake of opening my eyes and realized the machine is so close to the tip of my nose I can’t focus on it. It occurs to me that I am so packed in there I couldn’t wiggle out if my life depended upon it. It’s Friday afternoon, have they gone home for the weekend? My heart is racing so hard it just might explode all over their expensive machine. 

PANIC BUTTON!!! PANIC BUTTON!!! PANIC BUTTON!!!

As I’m racing out of their office one of them laughs and says, “Yeah, that thing cures a lot of people!” 

I was literally too shaky to drive home! I sat in another doctors waiting room for 40 minutes watching Johnny Carson reruns until I thought it was safe to drive. My heart is racing a bit right now just thinking of it!

20 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Went through a few years when I was 18 and up to about 21 or so, I was scared of really hot ladies. You know the ones you come across once in a while that are super duper, smokin hot and so beautiful that you'd believe are flawless. Well scared talk to em, not scared of em literally. 

They're all going to laugh at you! 

And then tell their friends and their friends will laugh at you.

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Ditto. I'm okay in tall buildings, and even flying (more or less), but I definitely won't be the guy who dies from taking a selfie at the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Even watching movie scenes where someone is precariously positioned at a height, I get a weird tingling sensation in my feet.

In college I went with friends to Red River Gorge in KY. I took the dogs. We cross over a natural bridge with an drop of hundreds of feet, and the dogs run right up to the edge! I’m yelling at them to come, but they want to see what’s down there. I know their weight is centered largely on the back end, but I was afraid to get close enough to grab their tails up on that windy bridge, and the front paws are just a few inches from The Big Drop! 

I went to a high rise condo right on the Gulf of Mexico one time. The unit was near the top and the balcony had a glass railing to appreciate the view. I’m out on the balcony which is too close to the water to comfortable look down and see how much beach is between us and the water. THEN, I look out and try to determine where the water ended and the sky began. I couldn’t tell and it was disorienting! I got a very funny feeling, and backed up as fast as I could to get back inside!  

23 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I suspect they may have been equally frightened of you?   :)

36 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

They're all going to laugh at you! 

And then tell their friends and their friends will laugh at you.

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

I suspect they may have been equally frightened of you?

Lol that's perfectly fine. Realized that I wouldn't even want a relationship with a lady so insanely hot like that. Would have to worry about your friends and possibly even some family members trying to have a taste of that lol. 

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

Frogs. 

I just fished this fella out of my sump pump pit.  I missed the first time and he hid below the pump.  Got him second time.  Relocated him to "Bullfrog Central" at the pond in the cemetery behind my house:

20210708_193104.thumb.jpg.8363ee7af18162507768314d440b03f7.jpg

Poor fella he would have croaked there if I didn't trap and relocate him... Cats, on other had would have went nuts in basement had it made it past and over the sump cover! 😕😞

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just fished this fella out of my sump pump pit.  I missed the first time and he hid below the pump.  Got him second time.  Relocated him to "Bullfrog Central" at the pond in the cemetery behind my house:

20210708_193104.thumb.jpg.8363ee7af18162507768314d440b03f7.jpg

Poor fella he would have croaked there if I didn't trap and relocate him... Cats, on other had would have went nuts in basement had it made it past and over the sump cover! 😕😞

Looks ferocious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

My first MRI was on a Friday afternoon. She said close your eyes going in and she put a hand on my ankle to reassure me. It stopped vibrating after 18 minutes to move me. At that point I realized the hand was no longer on my ankle. I made the life altering mistake of opening my eyes and realized the machine is so close to the tip of my nose I can’t focus on it. It occurs to me that I am so packed in there I couldn’t wiggle out if my life depended upon it. It’s Friday afternoon, have they gone home for the weekend? My heart is racing so hard it just might explode all over their expensive machine. 

PANIC BUTTON!!! PANIC BUTTON!!! PANIC BUTTON!!!

As I’m racing out of their office one of them laughs and says, “Yeah, that thing cures a lot of people!” 

I was literally too shaky to drive home! I sat in another doctors waiting room for 40 minutes watching Johnny Carson reruns until I thought it was safe to drive. My heart is racing a bit right now just thinking of it!

That was a tense read. I made the same mistake in opening my eyes despite being warned not to.  I haven't felt such pure, uncontrollable panic.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.