Athletic article on Bills Fan Expectations

TBD version of Joe B's Athletic Survey  

220 members have voted

1. 1. 1. How many regular-season games will the Bills win in 2021?

• 17-15
    • 14-13
    • 12-11
    • 10-9
    • 8 or less
  2. 2. 2. What needs to happen for the Bills season to be considered a success?

• Win It All!!! Superbowl!
    • Superbowl appearance
    • AFC Championship game repeat
    • AFC Divisional round
    • Win AFC East
    • Playoffs, Baby!
  3. 3. 3. Do the Bills have what it takes to win the Super Bowl in 2021

• Yes
    • No

13-14 wins in the regular season. 

Appearance in the AFC championship for the season to be considered a success

Yes, they can win the super bowl.

I think the Bills and Chiefs are top 2 league-wide, so long as the Chiefs OL problems are actually sorted out.  If the Bills and Chiefs are as good as they are expected to be, the real Superbowl will be the AFC championship game

I say 13-14 wins and another AFC Championship Game appearance, but obviously hoping for more and honestly believe we have what it takes to win it all this year.  It's just that there's still some really strong teams in the AFC and anything can happen in the postseason.  At a minimum, I want to see us repeat as division champs and win all of our home playoff games.  

One thing that is lost in this discussion is in regards to Beane/McDermott - we are now at the point where getting to the playoffs every year is not good enough. This team is going to have to get to the SB and win at least one championship in the next 2 or 3 years or then you start thinking about a new head coach/front office that can get over the hump so to speak.

This is why at least for me all eyes will be on the Chiefs game and more importantly the playoffs against them again if that materializes because regardless of the venue McDermott needs to prove he can beat Andy Reid and he won't do it with the same gameplans that were rolled out last year.

Personally, I'm looking at long-term success. I want the Bills to be dominant in the AFC for a long time, and I want the Bills to be looked at as perennial contenders. So, for Q#2, I voted a minority that considers winning the AFCE to be a successful season. Of course, not going deep into the playoffs, or making it to the SB would be disappointing. But, I want the Bills to be respected in the league. I want the Bills to be a team that other teams, and media outlets talk about. A team that wins every year. If you go to NFL.com/new right now, and you go back weeks, it's hard to find an article about the Bills. They're still an afterthought. That should change.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Personally, I'm looking at long-term success. I want the Bills to be dominant in the AFC for a long time, and I want the Bills to be looked at as perennial contenders. So, for Q#2, I voted a minority that considers winning the AFCE to be a successful season. Of course, not going deep into the playoffs, or making it to the SB would be disappointing. But, I want the Bills to be respected in the league. I want the Bills to be a team that other teams, and media outlets talk about. A team that wins every year. If you go to NFL.com/new right now, and you go back weeks, it's hard to find an article about the Bills. They're still an afterthought. That should change.

I, too, would much prefer to see the Bills become a dynasty rather than a one SB win wonder, like the Jets.  I want the Bills to dominate for decades, like New England did (but without the cheating).  And, yes, I’d like to see a 20-0 season and a three-peat or four-peat of SB victories.   So, I am greedy.  Nonetheless, I will celebrate every season the Bills play without getting bitter over the occasional bad games or draft picks.  They are still my team, win or lose.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This team is going to have to get to the SB and win at least one championship in the next 2 or 3 years or then you start thinking about a new head coach/front office that can get over the hump so to speak

As long as Bills continue to get in playoffs next 3 years there will be no thinking about a new HC, Super Bowl or not. As long as they are successful and consistently making playoffs giving themselves a chance at a Championship this staff will be here. 

• Agree 1