McDermott at the American Century Championship

40 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Is this a teams competition at all or strictly individual?   If teams I'll place my money on the Romo/Soranstam/whomever team.  Recall Romo supposedly is a pretty good golfer to start with and didn't see any other former pro's on the list.

Individual.  Modified Stableford scoring, where you get plus or minus points on each hole based upon your gross score.  There are several guys (Romo is one) who typically do very well.  And then there are guys like Barkley who struggle to make a par.

13 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

McD’s hats are customized mini beach umbrellas. That is all. 

As a pasty, bald Irish dude myself, I would absolutely be in on buying a couple of those Bills mini beach umbrellas. I don’t know why New Era or the Bills haven’t been selling them yet. The opportunities for cross promotion with skin cancer PSAs and dermatology clinics seems like a no-brainer to me.  

Edited by jimmy10
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/8/2021 at 7:24 AM, Kwai San said:

That melanoma crap is no joke....specially on that bald dome of his!!!  This coming from someone who was surprised by the discovery of melanoma 2 months ago....lost a huge chunk of skin and spent 4 weeks taking it real easy...I was lucky.

Wide brim hats and sunscreen, glad to hear you have this under control 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lady says hey bills fans I ask where she’s from she says she lives in orchard park. I say oh I’m from the falls are you here vacationing? She says no Sean is my husband I’m lol.  Sean comes over and fist bumps my kids and chats with us . His wife is watching Kyle Williams boys

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

On 7/8/2021 at 7:01 AM, Seasons1992 said:

Emotional scarring due to this franchise between 2000-2017 is permanent, and it's OK to feel this way. I certainly do.

Heck, I'm still scarred from the mid-80's. During my college visit out-of-state, when they asked where were we from, my dad apologized for them being so bad! I was thinking, "be quiet! you're going to hurt my chances of getting in," lol!

Edited by chongli

They said Al Michaels plays golf every day.  He just shot a 2nd round 104 to follow up his 1st round 105.  In last place by a mile.  Oh, and they pick up after a double bogey since that’s the worst score in the Stableford system (-2 pts), so Michaels’ true score was probably even worse.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/8/2021 at 7:50 AM, eball said:

Anyway, it’s a fun tournament.  Have to think we’ll see Josh there at some point; he loves golf.

He participated after his rookie season. True to his then-form, his stats weren't great, but he was clutch.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/american-century-2019-josh-allen-nearly-aces-17

Edited by Ralonzo

23 hours ago, eball said:

They said Al Michaels plays golf every day.  He just shot a 2nd round 104 to follow up his 1st round 105.  In last place by a mile.  Oh, and they pick up after a double bogey since that’s the worst score in the Stableford system (-2 pts), so Michaels’ true score was probably even worse.

Being almost 77 will do that. 

34 minutes ago, eball said:

Age has very little to do with it. 

Your right, I was hitting nearly identical scores when I was 25 years old…

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, eball said:

Age has very little to do with it. 

Yea because 80 year olds out drive 30 year olds every day.  I've played golf my entire life and at 62 you lose distance and flexibility. So yes it does have everything to do with it. Look up how rare it is to shoot your age.

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yea because 80 year olds out drive 30 year olds every day.  I've played golf my entire life and at 62 you lose distance and flexibility. So yes it does have everything to do with it. Look up how rare it is to shoot your age.

True to an extent, but if you're a good player and playing the correct tees for your age, you should still be able to shoot a respectable score.  My Dad is 67 and still regularly scores in the 70s and shot 72 last year in a tournament.  Still beats me a good amount when we play, but he plays the whites and I play the tips.  My grandfather was still occasionally breaking 80 in his late 70s.

The point is, a good golfer isn't shooting back to back rounds of 104/105, even at age 77, unless they are injured or have a terrible case of the shanks or something.  He's saying Al Michaels sucks...lol.

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

An hour in, they haven't shown McD or Meatball even once.  It's John Smoltz, Charles Barkley, Wags, and cameos by Annika.  It's what sucks about golf, they get stuck following the same people all day.

You have to win to be relevant. I read that somewhere.

• Haha (+1) 1