What is the easiest and cheapest way to watch Bills games on TV?

To add on to the College Student discount for Sunday Ticket, it doenst have to be "college" age kids. It can be someone taking online classes too like my friend is. Also, perhaps if you know a Professor it would work too? You need that sweet, sweet .edu email address.

I just bought a house in OP. Being further from the city, I wonder if an OTA antenna would get stable signals for the basic channels. There is one tree on my property and it is quite away from the house, so I def have clear area for a signal.

I read a post in this thread about an OTA antenna that feeds that signal to a PC. That def interests me.

That aside, Paramount+ for CBS will cover a decent chunk for a cheap subscription cost.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Huh. Maybe it depends on what country you use through your VPN.

I have used the Netherlands as my country of choice for NFL Gamepass all these years, and I have never NOT been able to watch any game live. Not once.

Strange.

When I used to get gamepass few years back that's the country I used as well. Never had any issue.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:16 PM, Victory Formation said:

Legally. I’m not interested in streaming from fraudulent websites.

So I see that CBS hosts the majority of Bills games, I count 9 games total on CBS. Then I see FOX comes in second place with 3 games. Then we have NBC and ESPN tied together with 2 apiece.

Is there any way to purchase these channels separately via app on Roku? Or do I have to shell out $65/mo for YouTube TV?

unsure where you live….sports bar Would be cheap.

Espn and nfl games are simulcast on 

oval buffalo stations . You just need OTA basic station package in buffalo area.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:37 PM, The Dean said:

This is really a question for Off the Wall, but I'll slide it in here. For the Fins game in September, I will be in Dushore PA at a nice (hopefully) resort lodge. We're only there for a few days with friends, so really don't want to drive to Scranton to go to a sports bar. Does anyone have any idea if a local Dushore bar has  the NFL Ticket?  For the record, I expect crickets here.

Stop by Dunder Mifflin and say high to  David Wallace.  He is a Bills fan.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

It's only going to work on one device per account. Unfortunately. Thought about getting 2 for this year for the dual TV setup. But no with the college email you get to bypass the whole Dish thing

Also If you can prove you're not in a DTV area they may allow you to just buy the streaming one, however I believe it's $160 (no college discount) PLUS I've heard stories of DTV giving people a hard time, not believing them, and still not letting them use the stream only option

Thanks my friend.  My sons are bills fans, but growing up in Tampa, Bucs fans as well so either will allow me the streaming option.  I appreciate it bud.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:37 PM, The Dean said:

This is really a question for Off the Wall, but I'll slide it in here. For the Fins game in September, I will be in Dushore PA at a nice (hopefully) resort lodge. We're only there for a few days with friends, so really don't want to drive to Scranton to go to a sports bar. Does anyone have any idea if a local Dushore bar has  the NFL Ticket?  For the record, I expect crickets here.

I live near Dushore: No one gets a TV signal in Dushore, or cell phone coverage. You better plan a trip to Scranton, or Wilkes-Barre or Williamsport are a bit closer.

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I live near Dushore: No one gets a TV signal in Dushore, or cell phone coverage. You better plan a trip to Scranton, or Wilkes-Barre or Williamsport are a bit closer.

Thanks, that's really good to know. The lodge claims to have  Internet wifi, so I'll get it one way or another at the lodge, if it works. 

Since I will be on vacation, poor cell coverage appeals to me at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 10:44 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Find an active college student and have them sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket-U. $99 for the season.

This is the best way, but make sure you have the students permission.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is the best way, but make sure you have the students permission.

I bet you could walk up to a random student on campus and offer $25-$50 for the privilege. You need their school email and date of birth.

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

Thanks, that's really good to know. The lodge claims to have  Internet wifi, so I'll get it one way or another at the lodge, if it works. 

Since I will be on vacation, poor cell coverage appeals to me at the moment.

Be sure you check out Rickett's Glenn--it may be the most spectacular piece of land in PA, and if you like to hike, Worlds End State Park is great for that (Canyon Vista Trail - 4.5 miles - is one of the best hikes in PA). It is a beautiful area.

Edited by CSBill

21 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

I just bought a house in OP. Being further from the city, I wonder if an OTA antenna would get stable signals for the basic channels. There is one tree on my property and it is quite away from the house, so I def have clear area for a signal.

I read a post in this thread about an OTA antenna that feeds that signal to a PC. That def interests me.

That aside, Paramount+ for CBS will cover a decent chunk for a cheap subscription cost.

you’ll be fine in OP with a good OTA antenna we’ve used one quite a bit in suburban / rural areas. And congrats on the new house!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Be sure you check out Rickett's Glenn--it may be the most spectacular piece of land in PA, and if you like to hike, Worlds End State Park is great for that (Canyon Vista Trail - 4.5 miles - is one of the best hikes in PA). It is a beautiful area.

Again, thanks so much. We will be staying at Cherry Mills Lodge, which looks to be very close to both of those. And yes, we will be hiking (some of us more than others) and biking.  But mostly drinking, I can't be clear enough about that.  I appreciate the input. Of the local watering holes, got any favorites?  I'm seeing Tennett's Iron Horse and the Thunderbird as a couple possibilities as well as a couple wineries.   

Feel free to message me if you don't want to further clutter up this thread with my nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Make sure you know Roman numerals.

Every serious football fan knows Roman numerals - that's how we know which Super Bowl we're talking about.

31 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Every serious football fan knows Roman numerals - that's how we know which Super Bowl we're talking about.

That’s enlightening! I thought my vocabulary was deficient! 

On 7/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, T&C said:

Never heard of locast but this is interesting:

Locast carries local channels on firestick only channel,in Buffalo area is Scranton PA a and Cleveland likely neither will be carrying a Bills games.  No Buffalo DMA channels.  Wonder if like radio streams would shut down non local streams but a good VPN may allow .   

Edited by Xwnyer