What is the easiest and cheapest way to watch Bills games on TV?

51 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Love that Super Duper!  Whatever became of Joey?

You have to attest to the fact you CANNOT get DTV. There are several legitimate reasons it can be unavailable to someone. I lived in a condo for years, and the association does not allow satellite dishes. Now I'm in a small apartment bldg (4 units). I can get the online package as I don't own the house and my landord won't get DTV. There may also be issues with reception depending on your location.

Where do you live? Dofu isn't licensed to carry out of market NFL games. So unless you in the Bills market, I doubt this is legal.

I dont live in the Bills DMA or any other market that I watch games in but there are no warnings or restrictions for several years now and if illegal should have been shut-down by now right ?  considering the hundreds/thousands of viewers across all the major sports and widespread availability in apple and goggle play stores ? 

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

That was a great store and Bob Hurley a great guy.

... I assume ya mean Sindelar. He still plays on the seniors tour and lives around here. He messed up his back big time and got divorced from his long time wife. So I don't think he's physically or mentally 100%.

Sorry for the confusion, Mike. I'm not familar with that particular SD or with the Dushore area. This wil be my first visit.

"Love that Super Duper" was the SD slogan, at least in WNY. And Joey (a woman) was their spokesperson.

"Not $2.49. Not $2.19. Only $1.99 only at Super Duper. Love that Super Duper!"  or something along those lines.

25 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

I dont live in the Bills DMA or any other market that I watch games in but there are no warnings or restrictions for several years now and if illegal should have been shut-down by now right ?  considering the hundreds/thousands of viewers across all the major sports and widespread availability in apple and goggle play stores ? 

The app is perfectly legal. I'm saying, some of its content may not be completely legal. To my knowledge DTV has the sole license to carry out of market games within the USA. 

19 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Sorry for the confusion, Mike. I'm not familar with that particular SD or with the Dushore area. This wil be my first visit.

"Love that Super Duper" was the SD slogan, at least in WNY. And Joey (a woman) was their spokesperson.

"Not $2.49. Not $2.19. Only $1.99 only at Super Duper. Love that Super Duper!"  or something along those lines.

No problem. Interesting I don't think we saw those commercials down here, but I do remember that slogan

5 hours ago, Logic said:

I’ve done the same thing every year for 7 years running:

1. Subscribe to a legitimate VPN. I use ExpressVPN, $60 for a year subscription.

2. Turn on your VPN and Set your location to an EU country. Go to NFL.com and buy Gamepass for $100.

With Gamepass, you get every NFL game, you can watch them live or after the fact. You can watch the “game in 40”, where they cut out all commercials and between-play nonsense and just show every play back to back. You get the All-22 footage from every game. You get NFL Network. You get an archive of every Super Bowl ever played.

I just use an HDMI cable to hook my computer to my TV and voila, HD NFL football, purchased through the NFL itself, for a grand total of $160 a year. 

I'm in Canada and stream using DAZN (Dah-zone). It's $20CDN per month so 100 bucks for the full season. Great app. All games live and on-demand, NFL Network, Hard Knocks, Football Life, etc.

I'm also a cycling fan and watch the Tour de France. This year it's streamed on Peacock (NBCSports) so, like "Logic", I subscribed to ExpressVPN and Peacock for $4.99CDN per month. Both ExpressVPN and Peacock are available apps on FireTV stick so I watch on HDTV - no computer involved. All legal. Peacock is happy to take my money.

ExpressVPN has servers all over the world including Toronto Canada so - although I haven't tried it - I have to imagine it will work fine from the US. Just choose the Toronto server, subscribe to DAZN and you'd be good to go.

Anyone use this option?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

My take;
Easy. Cheap. Legal. 

You can only have two of the three. 

Pretty much the rule for many things. Although I'd say "cheap" and "easy" are subjective terms. What's cheap to one person is expensive to another.

20 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You can get Sunday ticket without Direct TV. That is how I get it.  No satellite signal at my house

So I've heard that if you live in an address that can't receive DTV you can get ST without.  But anytime I entered an address it would state not eligible.  I entered the home that I lived in which was a brand new construction which meant there was never a DTV hookup at this address and for all anyone knew, could have been 20 feet underground.  I even entered the address of a nursing home in Florida which you weren't erecting a dish in her room and it still wouldn't let me.  I've never found an address that would work.

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I’ve done the same thing every year for 7 years running:

1. Subscribe to a legitimate VPN. I use ExpressVPN, $60 for a year subscription.

2. Turn on your VPN and Set your location to an EU country. Go to NFL.com and buy Gamepass for $100.

With Gamepass, you get every NFL game, you can watch them live or after the fact. You can watch the “game in 40”, where they cut out all commercials and between-play nonsense and just show every play back to back. You get the All-22 footage from every game. You get NFL Network. You get an archive of every Super Bowl ever played.

I just use an HDMI cable to hook my computer to my TV and voila, HD NFL football, purchased through the NFL itself, for a grand total of $160 a year. 

I thought with gamepass you can only watch the game after it was over.  Does the EU time difference basically allow you to stream it live? 

27 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Pretty much the rule for many things. Although I'd say "cheap" and "easy" are subjective terms. What's cheap to one person is expensive to another.

I was BOTH cheap (because I was poor) and easy (because, well, you know) in college. It didn’t do me much good……..   🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I thought with gamepass you can only watch the game after it was over.  Does the EU time difference basically allow you to stream it live? 

If gamepass is purchased outside of USA games are live. That's why I use VPN when signing up.  I have used this option few years ago.

Edited by billsherd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t know the reasoning or mechanics of it, but the EU version of Gamepass absolutely allows you to view all games live, as they happen.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

I don’t know the reasoning or mechanics of it, but the EU version of Gamepass absolutely allows you to view all games live, as they happen.

Not entirely true, as it will prevent you watching a game being broadcast by a ‘partner’ in the country you sign up in. The Bills will be more likely to be shown than previously. In the UK last year, we ended up with a bunch of games not being broadcast live, due to this. As I have a deal with the ‘partner’, it didn’t affect me, but it might have.

Having said that, most of those games were ‘Primetime’ games, so you could probably have got them anywhere in the US.

Just received an offer in the mail to come back to DTV, think I got rid of them 4 or 5 years ago.  What surprised me about the offer though was $69 a month, likely in the fine print, that was only the first year price.  But ST was NOT included.  In the past usually around this time of year, all their offers would include ST.

But maybe due to AT&T losing too much money through them and potentially being the last year of the contract with the NFL, they aren't including it?

I use Sling tv blue package with an OTA antenna attached. When it comes football season I add the orange package for ESPN games... and then drop the orange after the regular season is over. If a Bills game isn't on either of those I have to go hit a trusty online place.

However, the NFL app shows a lot of games you can watch, depending on your location. 

If you have a chromebook you can download the app and watch on a decent sized screen. Might be a smaller screen than you would like but its better to watch Bills football than not watch at all. You can always pipe it into your regular tv with a cable.

I know a couple of people that use a superbox... google it... they have never missed a Bills game and it is legal. 

Google superbox... that's all I've got for watching Bills football.

12 hours ago, Buddo said:

Not entirely true, as it will prevent you watching a game being broadcast by a ‘partner’ in the country you sign up in. The Bills will be more likely to be shown than previously. In the UK last year, we ended up with a bunch of games not being broadcast live, due to this. As I have a deal with the ‘partner’, it didn’t affect me, but it might have.

Having said that, most of those games were ‘Primetime’ games, so you could probably have got them anywhere in the US.

Huh. Maybe it depends on what country you use through your VPN.

I have used the Netherlands as my country of choice for NFL Gamepass all these years, and I have never NOT been able to watch any game live. Not once.

Strange.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Huh. Maybe it depends on what country you use through your VPN.

I have used the Netherlands as my country of choice for NFL Gamepass all these years, and I have never NOT been able to watch any game live. Not once.

Strange.

Sounds like a good choice. Maybe they simply don't show NFL games there at all?

In the UK, we cannot view live, games being shown by the NFL's partner broadcaster, which is Sky Sports. You can watch them as soon as the game is finished. For example, iirc, The Bills have 4 'primetime' games so far this coming season, and I won't be able to watch those live through Gamepass. As I have a subscription to Sky Sports, I'll still be able to watch them live (that subscription covers me for a lot of other sport I'll watch, from 'soccer' to cricket and F1), but if I didn't, I would only be able to watch them straight after the game has finished.

I would still recommend Gamepass as the way to go, and probably as you do, through a VPN of a European country. Seems like the Netherlands would be a good choice, if you get to watch all of the games live. The UK wouldn't be for the reasons outlined above, and I would guess a couple of other countries, perhaps Germany and Spain for example, where there is likely a decent following still as a result of the failed NFLE experiment.

• Like (+1) 1