What is the easiest and cheapest way to watch Bills games on TV?

1 minute ago, eball said:

7 out of 17 is “nearly half?”  What sort of math are they teaching these days? :lol:

Remember the early Seinfeld episode, where Jerry is trying to convince Elaine that a few more days at his parents' condo is 'almost over'?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

7 out of 17 is “nearly half?”  What sort of math are they teaching these days? :lol:

These days, I think it is not so much whether one half of 17 is equal to 8.5, I think it is more about "How do you feel about it being 8.5? If you would rather it be 7, then we can make it 7."

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

HOW do you get Sunday Ticket without DTV?

I'm a DTV subscriber but suspended my account temporarily until football season.  But if I don't have to restart my service and still get Sunday Ticket, I'd love to do that.  

I did that the past couple years too. Suspended my DTV account from Mar-Aug and pay nothing for it. Then turn it on from Sept-Feb and get the package. It's a garbage TV service other than the NFL games. Too many adds and crap to deal with. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

people are trying to help you here and you bounce out of your own thread and don’t respond to replies. Cmon man. 

just don’t watch then. 

I was just thinking the same thing....and now it's almost 12 hours after the thread was started

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bill, I was wondering the same.  I know about the college kid option, which I might do as I have two some in college.  I have no idea how you would get the Sunday ticket on an iPad without DTV.

Victory, bud the guys are right.  You asked for help.  They’ve offered a number of good ideas, but have asked for you’re location so they can give you advice.  It’s only polite to let them know. You know I like you and many of you’re takes, but if you’re going to start a thread, let them help you by telling you’re home area.  Mine is in Tampa.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nfl-sunday-ticket-for-ipad/id390577714

***THIS IS THE WINNING ANSWER, GUARANTEED***

@Victory Formation

Find a relative or family friend in college... pay them the $100 for nfl Sunday ticket plus $25 for being cool. If they use their college email address you can stream Sunday ticket, whereas without it, they force you to install the dish or go without.  My sister knows the drill and starts hitting me up for her $25 late July early August 😆😆😆

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Legally. I’m not interested in streaming from fraudulent websites.

So I see that CBS hosts the majority of Bills games, I count 9 games total on CBS. Then I see FOX comes in second place with 3 games. Then we have NBC and ESPN tied together with 2 apiece.

Is there any way to purchase these channels separately via app on Roku? Or do I have to shell out $65/mo for YouTube TV?

I used youtube TV a few years ago when I went south for the winter.

Two issues:

1.  They want to work to your home market.  When you sign up they set that market.  If you moved out of the market, you could access the original market for 3 months.  So you need to be in Buffalo/Rochester when you sign up.

2.  You can not watch live.  As soon as the game is over, it is available but never live except for the market you are in currently - those are live.

I got around these by setting the home market as Rochester and then watching delayed on my laptop.  I did not like watching delayed so I gave it up.  To the bar I go when they do not play nationally and I am in Texas.

I am hoping Sunday ticket moves to another provider after this year.

Good luck.

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

This is really a question for Off the Wall, but I'll slide it in here. For the Fins game in September, I will be in Dushore PA at a nice (hopefully) resort lodge. We're only there for a few days with friends, so really don't want to drive to Scranton to go to a sports bar. Does anyone have any idea if a local Dushore bar has  the NFL Ticket?  For the record, I expect crickets here.

image.png.98d3926269ef88f931c56dbd3a555755.png

11 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

One game at the bar costs me a lot more than a month of YouTubeTV.  I should know since I watch every game at the bar.

Oh so true!!!!  It was nice to have as many games on national TV last year that they did.  That and I get all the Marine Mammals games on local tv here.

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm a DTV subscriber but suspended my account temporarily until football season.  But if I don't have to restart my service and still get Sunday Ticket, I'd love to do that.  

You have to demonstrate that you can't get it at your house.  In my case, the only place for the antenna would be in the yard due to signal blockage.  The fact you had DTV in the past may work against you.  However, did the signal ever interrupt/have issues?  If so, you may have an argument that you can't get the service at your house and get the Direct TV online.  

11 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Seems easiest is to live in WNY.

I wondered how long this answer would take on page 1..........well done!

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm lucky..........I rent a floor in a house, and DTV says I'm allowed the streaming service. $299 for the year. While I'd love the Redzone, I'm not paying another $100 for that.

Phone/computer/TV access.

I’ve done the same thing every year for 7 years running:

1. Subscribe to a legitimate VPN. I use ExpressVPN, $60 for a year subscription.

2. Turn on your VPN and Set your location to an EU country. Go to NFL.com and buy Gamepass for $100.

With Gamepass, you get every NFL game, you can watch them live or after the fact. You can watch the “game in 40”, where they cut out all commercials and between-play nonsense and just show every play back to back. You get the All-22 footage from every game. You get NFL Network. You get an archive of every Super Bowl ever played.

I just use an HDMI cable to hook my computer to my TV and voila, HD NFL football, purchased through the NFL itself, for a grand total of $160 a year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bill, I was wondering the same.  I know about the college kid option, which I might do as I have two some in college.  I have no idea how you would get the Sunday ticket on an iPad without DTV.

Victory, bud the guys are right.  You asked for help.  They’ve offered a number of good ideas, but have asked for you’re location so they can give you advice.  It’s only polite to let them know. You know I like you and many of you’re takes, but if you’re going to start a thread, let them help you by telling you’re home area.  Mine is in Tampa.

It's just an app now. You can download it from iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Fire Stick, Android Tv. Just pay once and use your login on any device. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

***THIS IS THE WINNING ANSWER, GUARANTEED***

@Victory Formation

Find a relative or family friend in college... pay them the $100 for nfl Sunday ticket plus $25 for being cool. If they use their college email address you can stream Sunday ticket, whereas without it, they force you to install the dish or go without.  My sister knows the drill and starts hitting me up for her $25 late July early August 😆😆😆

Shredder, Dumb question I know.  One of my two sons can do it for me, but they don’t have to get DTV right.  Just I pay the $99, use their college email, and I can stream on the iPad as well as them.  They would love too, not just for the Bills, but one of my sons likes another team besides the Bills and Bucs.

Please confirm my friend.   I’ve been since not living in a DTV area for awhile have sucked it up and watched ina bar.  I don’t like it as would rather just watch at home.

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

It's just an app now. You can download it from iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Fire Stick, Android Tv. Just pay once and use your login on any device. 

I knew I always liked you motorin.  Appreciate it bud. $99 is nothing for the season.  Heck I pay that in two to three weeks in a bar.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shredder, Dumb question I know.  One of my two sons can do it for me, but they don’t have to get DTV right.  Just I pay the $99, use their college email, and I can stream on the iPad as well as them.  They would love too, not just for the Bills, but one of my sons likes another team besides the Bills and Bucs.

Please confirm my friend.   I’ve been since not living in a DTV area for awhile have sucked it up and watched ina bar.  I don’t like it as would rather just watch at home.

It is cheaper if you sign up for the college plan. But you do not need to sign up for the college plan to buy the streaming version.

AT&T owns Sunday ticket now, and I've bought it through the Amazon Fire Stick for the past two seasons...

Pro Tip - If you pay for NFL Sunday Ticket as an out of towner, you don't get games that are live on TV in your area. So when the Bills are televised, you won't get the game on the Ticket. You can sign up for a free trial of the various streaming options that would have the game live. There may be enough to cycle through to get all of the Bills nationally broadcast games this year. And I don't want to hear crap about it being unethical to take advantage of free trials. It is freaking free. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 1