DeSantis For President in 2024?

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

"Best state in America with the best Covid response and the best governor ...."

Seems objectively wrong

And ou're making it political with this celebration. Being what you claim to hate.

He kept his state open for the entire pandemic.

Schools open for most of the pandemic.  

Has become the destination state of America for where people are moving.  

Kept the most elderly population in the country as safe as any Governor could.  

Made the vaccine easily available through all the normal avenues, along with Publix.  

Has been the pioneer state for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment, even while people on the other side of the aisle mocked him for it (until recently).  

I’m sorry to hear about your uncle.  I absolutely understand why you’d disagree about DeSantis.  I just think there are tangible things you can point to as to why he’s been the best governor in America during this - all while being the target of liberal media and the President at every turn.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

"Best state in America with the best Covid response and the best governor ...."

Seems objectively wrong

And ou're making it political with this celebration. Being what you claim to hate.

Lol OK

Says the side that decided they would use cases! as the barometer of proper success of individual politicians.

Sorry.....your side went down this road.  Not mine.  Find one conservative that has been blaming Biden for case spikes  - and I don't mean the comments that clearly are just to say "where you guys at now."

Like a conservative who legitimately thinks Biden is to blame for biology 

Biden however can be blamed for the following:

1.  Setting no clear metrics

2.  Saying if you get vaccinated you can ditch the mask....sike

3. Saying you can't get covid if you're vaccinated despite Delta being around for 7 months (we found out so much in just March of 2020 but this caught us all off guard

4. Threatening the American people 

5. Saying there would be no mandates....

But we'll just coerce your employer to make you or you're fired 

6. No end game laid out plan........bc the plan requires vaccine passports 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol OK

Says the side that decided they would use cases! as the barometer of proper success of individual politicians.

Sorry.....your side went down this road.  Not mine.  Find one conservative that has been blaming Biden for case spikes  - and I don't mean the comments that clearly are just to say "where you guys at now."

Like a conservative who legitimately thinks Biden is to blame for biology 

Biden however can be blamed for the following:

1.  Setting no clear metrics

2.  Saying if you get vaccinated you can ditch the mask....sike

3. Saying you can't get covid if you're vaccinated despite Delta being around for 7 months (we found out so much in just March of 2020 but this caught us all off guard

4. Threatening the American people 

5. Saying there would be no mandates....

But we'll just coerce your employer to make you or you're fired 

6. No end game laid out plan........bc the plan requires vaccine passports 

See? Still politicizing a pandemic. Good for you. Keep celebrating failure.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

He kept his state open for the entire pandemic.

Schools open for most of the pandemic.  

Has become the destination state of America for where people are moving.  

Kept the most elderly population in the country as safe as any Governor could.  

Made the vaccine easily available through all the normal avenues, along with Publix.  

Has been the pioneer state for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment, even while people on the other side of the aisle mocked him for it (until recently).  

I’m sorry to hear about your uncle.  I absolutely understand why you’d disagree about DeSantis.  I just think there are tangible things you can point to as to why he’s been the best governor in America during this - all while being the target of liberal media and the President at every turn.  

And it was a pandemic hotspot... it's weird to take pride in this. People flocking to a certain area is not always a good thing. It's not always something to follow. I definitely don't think it is here.

That said, I'd love to have a true leader in the republican party to vote for again.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because...the Dems didn't do that?

I never said they didn't.

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Keep ignoring it from the White House.

And the lying.  

I'm not ignoring anything. You may be confusing me with someone else.

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

And it was a pandemic hotspot... it's weird to take pride in this. People flocking to a certain area is not always a good thing. It's not always something to follow. I definitely don't think it is here.

That said, I'd love to have a true leader in the republican party to vote for again.

I never said they didn't.

I'm not ignoring anything. You may be confusing me with someone else.

Florida just broke 50k Covid deaths. They misplayed this badly. The entire country is disgusted with Florida and Texas right now.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

Florida just broke 50k Covid deaths. They misplayed this badly. The entire country is disgusted with Florida and Texas right now.

By "the entire country" is that USA 1 or USA 2 you're referring to?  

Did 30 million people visit New Jersey this summer?  

Totally disgusted. 

California is approaching 70,000 deaths.  Just horrific.    

New Jersey seeing its highest daily cases since March.  You need to secure the bunker and lock it down.  Winter is coming.  

Here is some more math:

Florida:  2,300 deaths per 100K

Michigan:   2,203 deaths per 100K

Pennsylvania:  2,256

New Jersey: 3,058 (that's gross)

Illinois:  2,100

All those NE states will spike past Florida (they're all close as is but Florida is free, they are stupid and not free) come the fall/winter.  

The fact you haven't ordered a shelter in place given the coming spike is really disturbing.  They clearly hate kids.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

By "the entire country" is that USA 1 or USA 2 you're referring to?  

Did 30 million people visit New Jersey this summer?  

Totally disgusted. 

California is approaching 70,000 deaths.  Just horrific.    

New Jersey seeing its highest daily cases since March.  You need to secure the bunker and lock it down.  Winter is coming.  

Just imagine if Covid hit Florida first, and northern states had the time Florida had to prepare for it.

Northern states would probably be under 10k deaths each and Florida would probably be close to 400k.

You definitely won’t hear the word “Covid” come of of DeSantis’ mouth 2 years from now. They screwed up real real bad.

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

Just imagine if Covid hit Florida first, and northern states had the time Florida had to prepare for it.

Northern states would probably be under 10k deaths each and Florida would probably be close to 400k.

You definitely won’t hear the word “Covid” come of of DeSantis’ mouth 2 years from now. They screwed up real real bad.

Hahahahahaha New York did have time and Cuomo and Deathblasio couldn't agree on stay at home orders.  Because it sounded scary.  

And your logic would completely validate those of us that said a nation wide shutdown (thanks CDC and Fauci) wasn't necessary.  If the virus was only in the Northeast  -  which is laughable.  

It was everywhere.  Super contagious serious virus we had to shelter in place as a country (thanks Fauci) because it was everywhere - but I guess you think the NE should have been quarantined in January of 2020

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

Florida might be more red then Texas

‘Five Alarm Fire’: Democrats Panic as GOP Nearly Erases Voter Registration Advantage in Florida

In 2008, when former President Obama won Florida, Democrats’ voter registration lead over Republicans was 700,000. Fast forward to the beginning of 2021, Democrats’ lead shrank by 600,000 to 100,000. But on Friday, “that advantage has further narrowed to 23,055 over the past eight months,” according to numbers reported in August.

“I can’t speak to the past, it is awful what has occurred from 2012 through today. We are trying to reverse that, but that does not happen overnight,” Florida Democratic Party Chair Manny Diaz told Politico. Diaz admitted Democrats have reduced Florida’s registration roles by “years of neglect.”

Florida state Rep. Anna Eskamani (D) from Orlando also told Politico the registration race is a “crisis” for Democrats.

“It is a huge deal for Florida Democrats, I can’t stress that enough,” said Eskamani. “This is an all-hands-on-deck crisis for those who care about common sense and decency, and those who care about our policies.”

Republican Party of Florida Chair and State Sen. Joe Gruters said on an “internal July conference call” his operation to flip the state red is almost complete. To complete the task, Gruters has hired a “an outside firm to work with local party chair’s with the explicit goal of overtaking Democratic registration advantages by the end of the year.”

“We are just over 60,000 voters away from flipping Florida red permanently,” Gruters said. “And we need all-hands-on-deck to push us over by year end.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/20/five-alarm-fire-democrats-panic-as-gop-nearly-erases-voter-registration-advantage-in-florida/

On 9/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, Big Blitz said:

Florida’s COVID-19 hospitalizations plunge to under 9,000; ICU patients now under 2,300

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254366123.html

No state mandates required.  

To be a governor or president, wielding so much power, showing restraint is, maybe, one of the greatest qualities a leader can have...

When George Washington resigned from office after his second term, King George, of England, wrote him a letter, admiring Washington for his humility in being able to step down, when he could have been the first monarch of America, if he chose it...but Washington wanted to be an example for future presidents in the young republic.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Florida winter wave longer then current summer wave I'm using the beginning of those spikes in cases and deaths:

From December 1 to March 1 

900K cases (3 months)

From December 15 to March 15

12,000 plus deaths (3 months)

From July 15 to September 21 

1.2 million Cases (2 months)

From August 1 to October 1 (estimation):

13,000 Deaths (2 months - 300K more cases) 

The CFR was indeed lower in this wave - significantly so.  Just in a shorter period of time - just like it did in the UK.  

Florida has 4,000 fewer deaths then New York.

And 18,000 less (51K) then California (68K)

30 million people from around the country did not visit California or New York in the summer.

Cases now under 9,000 per day.

Carry on thinking the State must mandate and control you.      

• Like (+1) 1

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE! NO, NOT THAT SCIENCE! 

Heads Explode Over Florida’s New Surgeon General.

Has anyone noticed that Ron DeSantis is basically operating as a sort of shadow counter-president?

Plus: “Meanwhile, the media have decided that a bunch of know-nothing journalism majors have more knowledge of COVID than a tenured professor who got his medical degree from Harvard.”

Credentials really matter, except when the narrative is in peril.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/09/21/heads-explode-over-floridas-new-surgeon-general-n446375

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Florida winter wave longer then current summer wave I'm using the beginning of those spikes in cases and deaths:

From December 1 to March 1 

900K cases (3 months)

From December 15 to March 15

12,000 plus deaths (3 months)

From July 15 to September 21 

1.2 million Cases (2 months)

From August 1 to October 1 (estimation):

13,000 Deaths (2 months - 300K more cases) 

The CFR was indeed lower in this wave - significantly so.  Just in a shorter period of time - just like it did in the UK.  

Florida has 4,000 fewer deaths then New York.

And 18,000 less (51K) then California (68K)

30 million people from around the country did not visit California or New York in the summer.

Cases now under 9,000 per day.

Carry on thinking the State must mandate and control you.      

Any proof on your claim for visitors in summer in CA?

just looking at peak COVID times:

“California’s visitor numbers dropped by about 50% to 140.6 million in 2020, according to Visit California.”

“Despite the pandemic, Florida drew about 80 million visitors in 2020, a 40% decline from the previous year, according to Visit Florida. ” https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-07-15/tourism-vacation-florida-california-covid-coronavirus

Assuming an event distribution of visitors in CA that would give them around 35 million in summer.