DeSantis For President in 2024?

7 hours ago, T&C said:

This isn’t a good sign for his campaign. It’s not 2016. It’s like a bad GOP greatest hits album.

Christie out-flanked Ron and that’s already starting to hurt him and I expect it to continue.

Edited by Governor
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I live around an hour from disneyworld. Know a lot of disney fiends... they were anyways... they have no desire to go there anymore because of the woke crap. Busch Gardens is close and really is pretty awesome, they are now heading there instead. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

I live around an hour from disneyworld. Know a lot of disney fiends... they were anyways... they have no desire to go there anymore because of the woke crap. Busch Gardens is close and really is pretty awesome, they are now heading there instead. 

Thanks for the input.

May assume that you meant "friends" and not fiends  ?  LOL.

My daughter freelances around Orlando (photography) and she works for both Disney and Universal.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thanks for the input.

May assume that you meant "friends" and not fiends  ?  LOL.

My daughter freelances around Orlando (photography) and she works for both Disney and Universal.

I meant fiends... who are friends. They have/had the most major season pass there is to disney for years but are backing away from it. Florida residents have it a lot cheaper than random tourists. They don't want to take their kids there anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey, remember DeSantis? He's getting criticized from the right 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/06/27/desantis-campaign-makes-a-stupid-mistake-in-new-hampshire-n560918

When I saw this story, I was surprised. Trump knows the importance of Republican Women. He is the featured speaker today at the New Hampshire Federation of Republican Women’s annual fundraiser, the Lilac Luncheon. The ladies asked the DeSantis campaign to re-schedule. No dice.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hey, remember DeSantis? He's getting criticized from the right 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/06/27/desantis-campaign-makes-a-stupid-mistake-in-new-hampshire-n560918

When I saw this story, I was surprised. Trump knows the importance of Republican Women. He is the featured speaker today at the New Hampshire Federation of Republican Women’s annual fundraiser, the Lilac Luncheon. The ladies asked the DeSantis campaign to re-schedule. No dice.

Dude's going to get smoked by Trump. He's scripted, sounds like a politician, and has no personality. Anyone can say that shouldn't matter...but it will. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Dude's going to get smoked by Trump. He's scripted, sounds like a politician, and has no personality. Anyone can say that shouldn't matter...but it will. 

Obama was the same. 

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

“I want to break the swamp…”

I doubt DeSantis has the fortitude to stand up, much less drain the swamp. If he is elected, it will be business as usual or else he feels the wrath of the swamp.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Obama was the same. 

I would disagree. I'm not talking his politics here, but he was obviously able to connect even on a personal level with a lot of the Democrat voter base. We're talking purely what it takes to win, so I'm not talking about how much of that was artificial or driven by media, etc. 

I don't see that with DeSantis, especially going up against Trump who has a stranglehold on a good chunk of conservatives. You also have to remember Obama was going up against Hillary who was really never popular on that side. It's totally different. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I would disagree. I'm not talking his politics here, but he was obviously able to connect even on a personal level with a lot of the Democrat voter base. We're talking purely what it takes to win, so I'm not talking about how much of that was artificial or driven by media, etc. 

I don't see that with DeSantis, especially going up against Trump who has a stranglehold on a good chunk of conservatives. You also have to remember Obama was going up against Hillary who was really never popular on that side. It's totally different. 

Obama had the luxury of being an unknown where Clinton had her resume that shot down any unifying/peace narrative she tried to sell.

There is a reason he was given the Nobel, and why he wanted to return it.

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I agree with him completely on IRS and dept of education. Neither is competent or useful and both make life harder to improve for common Americans. For the other two dept I don't have enough knowledge to state they should be removed but Energy needs to be a forum with some federal government intervention, most likely just a lighter hand