DeSantis For President in 2024?

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Being labeled a groomer pedo cant be good for Desantis.  Wonder if George Santos remembers being one of his boy lovers.  Can't imagine how confused the QAnon wing of the GOP feel about this.

DeSantis doesn't appear to care/isn't taking the bait.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/8/2022 at 4:24 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/film/news/disney-plus-subscribers-164-million-1235426552/amp/
umm, another post that hasn’t aged well. Looks like Disney swatted DeSantis away like the mosquito he is. 

Ummm……..looks like they swatted 7,000 jobs away.  

But hey the losses weren’t as bad as expected!!

Quick!  What do we do!!!???

Toy Story 25!  Frozen 9!   

3 hours ago, Doc said:

DeSantis doesn't appear to care/isn't taking the bait.

It's not Desantis that you should worry about.  It's the 40% of the base that believes in QAnon.  Oh it's gonna get uglier.  All shall fall in line to the supreme leader. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It's not Desantis that you should worry about.  It's the 40% of the base that believes in QAnon.  Oh it's gonna get uglier.  All shall fall in line to the supreme leader.

We shall see.  No one wants an 82 year old President, much less Kammy as VP.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Toy Story 25!  Frozen 9!   

Not sure why anyone goes to that *****-hole. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Toy Story 25!  Frozen 9!   

Disney will be just fine.  The 7000 that lost their jobs may not be.  Strong work, Ron.  More Fla D voters.

Edited by redtail hawk

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Disney will be just fine.  The 7000 that lost their jobs may not be.  Strong work, Ron.  More Fla D voters.

Not sure why you think the people being cut are in FL- the article makes it sound like it is primarily Disney+ and tv production cuts, which are entirely in California. If there is more info available I would be interested but no one I deal with feels their job is in danger from this announcement.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Not sure why you think the people being cut are in FL- the article makes it sound like it is primarily Disney+ and tv production cuts, which are entirely in California. If there is more info available I would be interested but no one I deal with feels their job is in danger from this announcement.

The linked article gives no specifics on the cuts other than restructuring and non sports content.  But if you want to link one that does, I'll read it.

Edited by redtail hawk

10 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Yeah, it's across the board, not just (or even a major part) in Florida.  And it has nothing to do with DeSantis: Disney mismanagement is all on them.

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

The linked article gives no specifics on the cuts other than restructuring and non sports content.  But if you want to link one that does, I'll read it.

The discussion is about Disney+ and other content, which is currently not being made in Florida, but will be in about 3 years. I am going to throw out a conspiracy theory with no research behind it, but this could be the way that Disney is relocating jobs without having to follow some stupid relocation rules in California. If they simply lay them off it might be legally easier than asking them to relocate and being turned down.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Except it’s Biden’s fault when private companies price gouge Americans.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d71vyucju8gvafakqhsn

You blame politicians for price gouging- you seriously project so often on here.

46 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The discussion is about Disney+ and other content, which is currently not being made in Florida, but will be in about 3 years. I am going to throw out a conspiracy theory with no research behind it, but this could be the way that Disney is relocating jobs without having to follow some stupid relocation rules in California. If they simply lay them off it might be legally easier than asking them to relocate and being turned down.

You blame politicians for price gouging- you seriously project so often on here.

3.5% of employees. I think Fla will be affected 

9 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Where are they going to go?  Florida is where companies and people relocate to.

9 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

DIsney's been price-gouging for decades.  Well before Joke became President.  Not that the President has anything to do with companies price-gouging. :rolleyes: 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Any chance you can give a glimpse/articulate to the details. it's all behind a pay wall.

Yeah, this one should be clean and pretty down-the middle.

https://triblive.com/sports/pirates/florida-school-district-pulls-childrens-book-about-roberto-clemente-off-shelve/

• Thank you (+1) 1