DeSantis For President in 2024?

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

No one suggested that.

eDJViPLt1iGVv2cOzlX-HfAzTmkBkXNsB22YZ343

Just don't pretend that Desantis is trying to hide Black history, using a false narrative.

the editorial you cited argues against AP courses like Desantis is attacking because they're expensive and only affluent communities can afford them.  So AP courses are ok if the same condition exists for science of math classes?

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

the editorial you cited argues against AP courses like Desantis is attacking because they're expensive and only affluent communities can afford them.  So AP courses are ok if the same condition exists for science of math classes?

Wait. So cost are why places like NY don't even require math or science past 10th grade to get a diploma?

32 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sigh.

Yes the article criticized them.

No, no one suggested they "junk" them.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Sigh.

Yes the article criticized them.

No, no one suggested they "junk" them.

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

So AP classes should just be junked?  great idea.  And why not start (by necessity) with the students most likely to be thought leaders and influencers?

AP classes cost money in that you need a teacher to teach them, and separate sections of students to take them. The Federal government pays money to schools that can get kids to pass them. So if you just have a section but the kids don't pass them you lose money, but if kids are successful you get money and kids get college credits. 

25 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

AP classes cost money in that you need a teacher to teach them, and separate sections of students to take them. The Federal government pays money to schools that can get kids to pass them. So if you just have a section but the kids don't pass them you lose money, but if kids are successful you get money and kids get college credits. 

hmmm, are you an educator in Fla?  I took for granted (stupidly) that B words cited author knew his stuff.  A few minutes researching the issue reveals it to be very complex and determined on a state level. One of the best summaries about the Fla program I found was written by students in Ponte Verde.  It doesn't really jibe with you explanation :  https://pvhstiburon.com/index.php/2022/11/16/ap-exams-financial-toll-on-pvhs-and-low-income-students/

It's not a subject I'm particularly interested in but my legs were shot by the early afternoon and the lifts are now closed.  Some lady on the lift told me about some pills that reduce lactic acid in overused muscles which makes no immediate sense but time would be better spent checking that out.

"Dr. Fredrik Oberkehr, the principal of PVHS, stated that PVHS receives an “AP allocation” from the St. Johns County School District (SJCSD) via the Florida Department of Education’s (FLDOE) Education Finance Program, mentioned above, each year to cover AP related costs. Dr. Oberkehr estimated that this allocation totals to about one million dollars each year, with roughly a quarter of it being dedicated to paying for the exams. Dr. Oberkehr also estimated that about 100,000 dollars of the remainder of the allocation from the state is used to pay out AP teachers bonuses based on their exam pass rates. A significant portion of the rest of the fund is used to pay for some AP teacher salaries and benefits, which allows the school to have more teaching positions, allowing the school to have lower class sizes and offer more classes. Some of the money is also used on items such as AP textbooks (which, unlike standard and honors classes, are not covered by SJCSD), with the rest of the money in reserve with the explicit purpose of supporting AP courses and classes that “lead to an AP course,” says Dr. Oberkehr."

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Because Desantis is leading the charge against black centric courses for kids.  His "leadership" seems to be having effects.

That is laughingly false.

Have you read ANY of the articles about what is going on ?

"Leading the charge"  😆

Not permitting liberal activists to continue to "charge" towards their own indoctrination is what every leader in America needs to be doing.

Edited by B-Man

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

hmmm, are you an educator in Fla?  I took for granted (stupidly) that B words cited author knew his stuff.  A few minutes researching the issue reveals it to be very complex and determined on a state level. One of the best summaries about the Fla program I found was written by students in Ponte Verde.  It doesn't really jibe with you explanation :  https://pvhstiburon.com/index.php/2022/11/16/ap-exams-financial-toll-on-pvhs-and-low-income-students/

It's not a subject I'm particularly interested in but my legs were shot by the early afternoon and the lifts are now closed.  Some lady on the lift told me about some pills that reduce lactic acid in overused muscles which makes no immediate sense but time would be better spent checking that out.

"Dr. Fredrik Oberkehr, the principal of PVHS, stated that PVHS receives an “AP allocation” from the St. Johns County School District (SJCSD) via the Florida Department of Education’s (FLDOE) Education Finance Program, mentioned above, each year to cover AP related costs. Dr. Oberkehr estimated that this allocation totals to about one million dollars each year, with roughly a quarter of it being dedicated to paying for the exams. Dr. Oberkehr also estimated that about 100,000 dollars of the remainder of the allocation from the state is used to pay out AP teachers bonuses based on their exam pass rates. A significant portion of the rest of the fund is used to pay for some AP teacher salaries and benefits, which allows the school to have more teaching positions, allowing the school to have lower class sizes and offer more classes. Some of the money is also used on items such as AP textbooks (which, unlike standard and honors classes, are not covered by SJCSD), with the rest of the money in reserve with the explicit purpose of supporting AP courses and classes that “lead to an AP course,” says Dr. Oberkehr."

I am a teacher and deal often with AP teachers. The funding does go through the county, which gets it from the states, which gets a few billion a year from the feds, so nothing is directly from the Fed. The funding prior to the pandemic was related at least somewhat to AP scores but I will admit that might have been from Race To The Top but it was a big deal for Federal funds less than 10 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

That is laughingly false.

Have you read ANY of the articles about what is going on ?

"Leading the charge"  😆

Not permitting liberal activists to continue to "charge" towards their own indoctrination is what every leader in America needs to be doing.

Ah b word!  the arbiter of all things American😀  Thank God it's not true...

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Didn't trump want to groom young Ivanka with a boob job?  https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/new-tell-all-details-trumps-creepy-relationship-with-ivanka/

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article272243528.html

The athletic association had been considering the idea of adopting a national form on the issue, which made previously optional questions about menstruation mandatory for female students to answer. Those forms would have been kept at school. That form “has created concerns and questions from parents, school district administrators, school board members, and coaches regarding the health privacy of student-athletes,” the agenda item said.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Joke used to take showers with his daughter.

Being labeled a groomer pedo cant be good for Desantis.  Wonder if George Santos remembers being one of his boy lovers.  Can't imagine how confused the QAnon wing of the GOP feel about this. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Eyeroll 1