DeSantis For President in 2024?

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Just trying to push this to 100 pages …

Kinky Boots Ron strikes me as smart enough to tack hard to the center as soon as Trump is out of his way. If that happens…. Can’t wait for Trump to start spilling the dirt on Ronnie. Should be fun. Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

Here is my disconnect for RD....I listened to his victory speech....He used the word "woke" enough times to show that seems to be his primary message...really? This is what America...from a Presidential level...needs to focus on? Wokeness?....He seems like a band with one great song that opens and closes with it...He is infatuated with wokeness.  

Edited by TH3

50 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Here is my disconnect for RD....I listened to his victory speech....He used the word "woke" enough times to show that seems to be his primary message...really? This is what America...from a Presidential level...needs to focus on? Wokeness?....He seems like a band with one great song that opens and closes with it...He is infatuated with wokeness.  

You’re right. Weird to you and to me. 
But I think he knows his audience extremely well, and his first order of business is to get enough of that Trump culture war base over to his side. And they eat this stuff up. 

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

DeNazi

The Don’t Say Gay bich will be soundly defeated - count on it

You keep mentioning this don’t say gay and I can’t find the details on it. Can you explain exactly what this means?

Ffs

We thank you for your service Lockdown Don.  Time to move on.    

That said - maybe having you close for DeSantis to completely distinguish himself from (the nonsense like this that turns off votes we need) is for the best.  

Everything is on the table.  

I’m excited and horrified at the same time.   

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Are you trying to prove your ignorance  and state you think "Separation of Church and State" is in the Constitution? Or that choosing moral people is establishing a religion? 

Establishment clause of First Amendment often interpreted to require separation of church and state

For approximately the first 150 years of the country’s existence, there was little debate over the meaning of this clause in the Constitution. As the citizenry became more diverse, however, challenges arose to existing laws and practices, and eventually, the Supreme Court was called upon to determine the meaning of the establishment clause.

Though not explicitly stated in the First Amendment, the clause is often interpreted to mean that the Constitution requires the separation of church and state.

Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Establishment clause of First Amendment often interpreted to require separation of church and state

For approximately the first 150 years of the country’s existence, there was little debate over the meaning of this clause in the Constitution. As the citizenry became more diverse, however, challenges arose to existing laws and practices, and eventually, the Supreme Court was called upon to determine the meaning of the establishment clause.

Though not explicitly stated in the First Amendment, the clause is often interpreted to mean that the Constitution requires the separation of church and state.

Often interpreted does not equal meaning. You did not even source it, and I am quite sure you have no clue where the phrase "separation of church and state" because if you did you would not use it this way.

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Often interpreted does not equal meaning. You did not even source it, and I am quite sure you have no clue where the phrase "separation of church and state" because if you did you would not use it this way.

I am afraid you might be the ignorant one. 

Did you read this part?

Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."

Edited by nedboy7

8 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I am afraid you might be the ignorant one. 

Did you read this part?

Two points since you are clearly flailing and dishonest- that entire paragraph was missing. Secondly, what religion does not promote having children? 

• Eyeroll 1

23 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Secondly, what religion does not promote having children? 

OK, that's weird. It's ok to be anti-abortion/anti-birth control because a lot of religions encourage procreation?

And there were the Shakers, but that's a big reason why they died out.

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Everyone gather around .. Trump is committing seppuku on Truth Social tonight 

Poor Donny feeling rather irrelevant ...

Desantis is starting to look like the republican Obama. a good leader well liked across the aisle, charismatic…Rather than battle trumps ego maybe he should stick to Florida until Donnie dies off or goes to jail so he doesn’t blow his shot. 

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Trump wants to go down in flames because he knows he can’t win anymore…what a loser…

In hindsight I bet the Rs wish they indicted him

Mitt was right 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Desantis is starting to look like the republican Obama. a good leader well liked across the aisle, charismatic…Rather than battle trumps ego maybe he should stick to Florida until Donnie dies off or goes to jail so he doesn’t blow his shot. 

If DeSantis can stay above the fray, it will just make Trump look worse- and he will lose all his supporters…Just don’t play Trump’s game and Ron will be fine…

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In hindsight I bet the Rs wish they indicted him

Mitt was right 

I’m starting to hope he gets convicted on one of his many lawsuits…

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, that's weird. It's ok to be anti-abortion/anti-birth control because a lot of religions encourage procreation?

And there were the Shakers, but that's a big reason why they died out.

Poor Donny feeling rather irrelevant ...

Huh? I’m sorry, but I’ve never seen abortion as a religious issue. It’s a shared morality issue. You don’t have to believe in a specific deity to hold that voluntarily terminating a new life in the womb, is something to be avoided at most, if not all costs. 

• Agree 2