DeSantis For President in 2024?

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Hmmm - did Biden break Florida’s law; mislead migrants and randomly drop them off in a community without notice and planning? 

I’ll ask you again?  Were you ok when Biden flew and bussed migrants into the US from our southern border?  

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ll ask you again?  Were you ok when Biden flew and bussed migrants into the US from our southern border?  

Well Jim that’s a false equivalent.

1. I’m not sure Biden is allowed to fly or drive anymore due to his extremely old age;

2. Any bussing operations have been to sanctuary cities that know the people are coming

3. The program is part of Federal law and authorized under Federal law

4. None of these people have come out and said they were lied to about getting on the bus.

Im actually fine with a Federal bussing policy to sanctuary cities as long as the people being busses provide full consent.

Here, 

1. DeSantis used FL funds to fly TX people to MV. This is not what those funds were appropriated for

2. The people moved were asylum seekers who were legally in the US. The funds used were not meant for people legally in US. So another misappropriation of funds.

3. It’s been well documented now that these legal residents were 1) lied to about where they were going and 2) provided false pretense such as promises of jobs and expedited reviews that were never there.

4 MV is not a sanctuary city and had no advance notice they were coming.

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Well Jim that’s a false equivalent.

1. I’m not sure Biden is allowed to fly or drive anymore due to his extremely old age;

2. Any bussing operations have been to sanctuary cities that know the people are coming

3. The program is part of Federal law and authorized under Federal law

4. None of these people have come out and said they were lied to about getting on the bus.

Im actually fine with a Federal bussing policy to sanctuary cities as long as the people being busses provide full consent.

Here, 

1. DeSantis used FL funds to fly TX people to MV. This is not what those funds were appropriated for

2. The people moved were asylum seekers who were legally in the US. The funds used were not meant for people legally in US. So another misappropriation of funds.

3. It’s been well documented now that these legal residents were 1) lied to about where they were going and 2) provided false pretense such as promises of jobs and expedited reviews that were never there.

4 MV is not a sanctuary city and had no advance notice they were coming.

So you’re good with the Biden Administration facilitating illegal behavior?  

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No issues with Biden coordinating the movement of migrants as he has LEGAL authority to act on immigration.

And BTW, this practice is NOT new.  Both Republican and Democratic presidents (Bush, Obama, and Trump) have leveraged DHS to arrange travel/transportation.

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No issues with Biden coordinating the movement of migrants as he has LEGAL authority to act on immigration.

And BTW, this practice is NOT new.  Both Republican and Democratic presidents (Bush, Obama, and Trump) have leveraged DHS to arrange travel/transportation.

Are those immigrants still in the country illegally after they’ve been sent to sanctuary cities?  

Was there any process to make them legal citizens once they arrived?

Edited by Chef Jim

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Has something changed? I thought international law was that asylum seekers had to seek asylum in the country that shares an immediate border with their home country? Is Venezuela now adjoining the US? 

That’s not the rule. Here’s a good break down on the asylum process;

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’re good with the Biden Administration facilitating illegal behavior?  

I don’t believe the Biden administration has conducted illegal behavior here.

The legal issues with DeSantis:

- Sending people from TX using FL money apportioned for illegal immigrants in FL - this is a misappropriation of funds

- Sending asylum seekers who were legally in the US when the apportioned funds were to be used on people illegally in the US - again a misappropriation of funds

- Sending the asylum seekers to MV under false pretense. The asylum seekers have said they were told they’d have jobs, housing and expedited review of their claims. None of that was true. They were told they’d go to NY and Boston and that was not true.

To compare that to Biden;

- Biden has not misappropriated funds

- Biden has not lied to people to get them to go somewhere.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I don’t believe the Biden administration has conducted illegal behavior here.

The legal issues with DeSantis:

- Sending people from TX using FL money apportioned for illegal immigrants in FL - this is a misappropriation of funds

- Sending asylum seekers who were legally in the US when the apportioned funds were to be used on people illegally in the US - again a misappropriation of funds

- Sending the asylum seekers to MV under false pretense. The asylum seekers have said they were told they’d have jobs, housing and expedited review of their claims. None of that was true. They were told they’d go to NY and Boston and that was not true.

To compare that to Biden;

- Biden has not misappropriated funds

- Biden has not lied to people to get them to go somewhere.

Was there any path to citizenship for these migrants the Biden Administration shipped to sanctuary cities?  

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Rabbit hole deflection time!

Oh I’m sorry. Did I force you into an adult conversation?  Answer the question or stick with you childish memes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Was there any path to citizenship for these migrants the Biden Administration shipped to sanctuary cities?  

I think its hilarious that the left now sounds like the voices at the border states. 

or go on rages about the plane load while being DAFT to the millions that are trafficked over the border and around the country by the cartels.

you cant make it up.

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh I’m sorry. Did I force you into an adult conversation?  Answer the question or stick with you childish memes. 

Is there not a nationalization policy?

But yes - you are deflecting because you did not realize Trump Obama and Bush all did the same thing 

Keep trying 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

But yes - you are deflecting because you did not realize Trump Obama and Bush all did the same thing 

Keep trying 

yup, its here https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/R43366.pdf

Like so many things post 9/11.  the DHS has been flying them from border states due to over crowding.

Dont worry. they end up in bases that look like prisons to be sponsored by catholic charities.

just like the ones bussed out of Martha's vineyard 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Keep trying 

I don’t care who else did this. I’m talking about our current administration. See I’m not the type of person to dismiss potential bad behavior just because others do it. My question is legitimate. Was there a path to citizenship for the migrants the Biden administration shipped to sanctuary cities?  Personally I don’t know the answer and apparently you don’t either. 

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don’t care who else did this. I’m talking about our current administration. See I’m not the type of person to dismiss potential bad behavior just because others do it. My question is legitimate. Was there a path to citizenship for the migrants the Biden administration shipped to sanctuary cities?  Personally I don’t know the answer and apparently you don’t either. 

But you did care - your response to DeSantis breaking the law was to deflect to Biden:

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Where you ok when the Biden Administration did this and if so why?

And then you shifted to:

59 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Was there any process to make them legal citizens once they arrived?

Keep deflecting Jim

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

But you did care - your response to DeSantis breaking the law was to deflect to Biden:

And then you shifted to:

Keep deflecting Jim

I care about the actions of our current President.  Now back to my question. Was their a path to citizenship for illegals sent by the Biden Administration to sanctuary cities?  That’s not shifting. That’s a debate. A series of questions. Sooooo what is the answer?  Do you even know? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I care about the actions of our current President.  Now back to my question. Was their a path to citizenship for illegals sent by the Biden Administration to sanctuary cities?  That’s not shifting. That’s a debate. A series of questions. Sooooo what is the answer?  Do you even know? 

The United States has a nationalization policy. Read up on it.

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The United States has a nationalization policy. Read up on it.

And did the Biden Administration follow it or did they just drop off the migrants with a handshake and a wish of “good luck”

Funny how you’re the number one accuser of deflecting when you yourself are the king of deflection. 

So what’s your answer to the question above. And saying “I don’t know” is completely acceptable and is actually a sign of maturity. Because my answer to my own question is “I don’t know”.