DeSantis For President in 2024?

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think DiSantis would make a very formidable candidate...therefore, I’m hoping Trump decides not to run...To be a good leader, you need to be a good communicator, and Trump is not that...

He’d be a tough candidate but no way Trump let’s go of his de facto role as Dear Leader of the cult 

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

DeSantis would be great.

There are 6 or 7 Republicans who could step right in in 2024.

I's a cinch, that it will not be Biden or giggles.

I'm not so sure about that.  Biden's brain will be mush long before then, sure, but dumping giggles will be devastating for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Where is Ron Desantis???

Oh, he's in California getting money from west coast elites and visiting the Texas border where he send poor young people to patrol the wall. 

Over the past week, COVID-19 infections have surged in Florida to the point that the state now accounts for about 1 in 5 new cases. The vaccination rate, meanwhile, has begun to level off. At the same time, Florida’s Gulf Coast is suffering from a particularly harsh bout of red tide, prompting local officials to call on the governor to declare a state of emergency.

“He’s running for president, not for governor. He’s much more interested in fundraising and shallow and destructive appeals to the MAGA base,” Thomas Kennedy, a Democratic National Committee member from Florida, said, using the acronym for “Make America Great Again,” former President Trump’s campaign slogan.

“The guy has a big responsibility, and he’s abdicating it because of his own political aspirations,” Kennedy added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/564195-pressure-mounts-for-desantis-in-florida

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

DeSantis would win. He'd not be my number one choice and I'd have to see his national platform but he'd have gotten my vote in 2020 in a 3-way race. My hope is Spencer Cox but he's not GQP enough for this moment. DeSantis feeds the conspiracy folk enough red meat that he would dominate that segment. And he'd take Florida. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Vomit 1

On 7/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, Doc said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Biden's brain will be mush long before then, sure, but dumping giggles will be devastating for them.

Will be?  Too late.  Already is. Nikki Haley is a lock to beat whoever is assigned to pretend to be the President by the Democrats.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

This will surely give him a boost in getting the GOP nomination. Gotta have some deaths on your hands to win in the GQP 

If you've correlated # of cases and hospitalizations as a barometer of POLITICAL success or failure.  You're the problem.  And unfortunately there are millions like you.  If this is you:

1. You're a sick human being 

2. You're doing exactly what they want

3. You're the reason it's political 

4. You're the reason it will never end 

5. You should reevaluate life 

Florida the whole time has proven what a joke state mandates are.  Per capita everything is on par with California and has been since the beginning.  Full stop.  Cases, hospitalizations, deaths....these should not be used in any political discussion or why these numbers = "oh good luck winning your reelection with those numbers.  

Gavin Newsome is getting recalled not because anyone gives a rats **s how many cases or deaths there have been in California.

75% of Sydney Australia is protesting in the streets not because of cases and death numbers - which are non existent.  

There is no political success to be measured against biology.  Only communists have convinced people "we're all in this together and we can eradicate it all!!"  

You're the reason Fauci is going to never stop until he and he alone ends covid and gets a statue of himself put up in DC somewhere or a monument similar to Washington's.  

Years.  The more people like you, the more the specter of this sham hangs over us and the more power the State will gladly take from you......for years.  

We're about to enter year 3 of 15 days....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

With nearly 40 months until the election, I doubt Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis will be the GOP nominee.  These early runners never are.  

Trump:  The country won't have an appetite for an elderly candidate. I expect President Biden's health to become an event for the history books, unfortunately, and that'll shift American attitudes, including Republicans, on the age of their candidates.  I think he's worn out his welcome for everyone but the media who keeps him around because he triggers people so easily and it's easy views and clicks.  2016 will be eight years ago at that point.  

DeSantis:  I don't expect COVID to be a relevant issue by 2024 and nobody cares about Cuba but people in Florida.  DeSantis will likely be the Trump wing of the GOP candidate, but besides just saying no to liberal agendas and stupid COVID policies, is he advancing Florida in any particularly noteworthy manner?

If the GOP is facing Kamala Harris in 2024, they absolutely have to love that dream match-up.  If there's a Mt. Rushmore of unlikable politicians, you'd have HRC, Trump and perhaps her on a list of contenders to chisel into the mountainside.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

If you've correlated # of cases and hospitalizations as a barometer of POLITICAL success or failure.  You're the problem.  And unfortunately there are millions like you.  If this is you:

1. You're a sick human being 

2. You're doing exactly what they want

3. You're the reason it's political 

4. You're the reason it will never end 

5. You should reevaluate life 

Florida the whole time has proven what a joke state mandates are.  Per capita everything is on par with California and has been since the beginning.  Full stop.  Cases, hospitalizations, deaths....these should not be used in any political discussion or why these numbers = "oh good luck winning your reelection with those numbers.  

Gavin Newsome is getting recalled not because anyone gives a rats **s how many cases or deaths there have been in California.

75% of Sydney Australia is protesting in the streets not because of cases and death numbers - which are non existent.  

There is no political success to be measured against biology.  Only communists have convinced people "we're all in this together and we can eradicate it all!!"  

You're the reason Fauci is going to never stop until he and he alone ends covid and gets a statue of himself put up in DC somewhere or a monument similar to Washington's.  

Years.  The more people like you, the more the specter of this sham hangs over us and the more power the State will gladly take from you......for years.  

We're about to enter year 3 of 15 days....

Desantis is a killer! 

He hates res science and people are dying in his state 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1