No 2021 Opt-outs

He really can’t as there is no $150k just because I want to.  It was only medically verified $350k reasons that would be certified by the league docs.  He can retire and I’m not going into as you state the political stuff.  He boasted how healthy he is and that is his defense in his own words.

whatever he wants to do is fine, but now he has to act how he talked in the last two months.  Give up millions or obey the rules you’re own PA and employer agreed.  I’ll respect his decision either way.  Just can’t have you’re cake and eat it too as our grandmas said.

13 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

So Cole will play unless he retires .. please no Covid chatter

isn't it a bit antithetical for a player who doesn't want to acknowledge COVID restrictions to opt-out due to COVID??

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, cage said:

isn't it a bit antithetical for a player who doesn't want to acknowledge COVID restrictions to opt-out due to COVID??

Given his perspective on the whole thing yeah it wouldn't make more sense. The worry people had was using the opt out as a way to dodge dealing with it this year since hopefully it won't be much of an issue next year.

5 minutes ago, cage said:

He could have chosen to opt out of the season because he didn’t want to abide by the restructions. he would not have been paid, but he indicated that wasn’t a priority for him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

No surprise really. People are getting back to life as normal in many places. There is also much more known about this whole situation this year than last year at this time. 

Last September I posed the question whether the opt-outs were regretting their choice to opt out in 2020.  Since nobody opted out this year, I wonder how many of last year's opt-outs regret sitting out 2020.

29 minutes ago, H2o said:

No surprise really. People are getting back to life as normal in many places. There is also much more known about this whole situation this year than last year at this time. 

History has shown that will likely be a major mistake...the last pandemic we had, the worst time was the winter after the initial wave after things went "back to normal" and people relaxed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

History has shown that will likely be a major mistake...the last pandemic we had, the worst time was the winter after the initial wave after things went "back to normal" and people relaxed.

If you're talking about 1918, there was no vaccine that had already been given to millions of people that winter.  

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That’s why we got vaxed, even if we get it it will be far less invasive because of the vaccination, and being old with pre existing conditions…, it’s a choice, like the rubella, the pox, polio vaccinations, we as a nation have been through these sort of things before…, the results are in the history books, it’s a good light read..,, 😁 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2