Pats* WR Harry requesting a trade

NE, MIA and NY all suck at 1st rd picks.  NE drafts well on defense and O-line, but WR, RB and sometimes CB has a pretty bad record of success.  

Reality is we sucked at drafting QB's until we struck gold with Allen, and even he was considered taking a chance with high upside.  

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

WGR just said that the current projected trade value for Harry is a conditional 6th round pick.

I knew it would be bad, but that's like......bad

How much of that is from poor play and how much is from being a WR drafted in the 1st round by the Patriots?

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How much of that is from poor play and how much is from being a WR drafted in the 1st round by the Patriots?

Unless he's a problem in the locker room, how does most teams not make that trade?  I guess he still has a somewhat decent cap hit for being a 1st round pick, but still....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Ehh Pats, at this point not much, not to GMs unless you are in their division/conference.  Since Harry is the one that wants out the immediately lowers his trade value.  If his agent is worth anything he should have forewarned the Pats before that came out.  I did read they were negotiating or at least talking to the PAts for an extended period  of time so I assume they HAD to know.  Belichek digging in his heels, letting his ego get involved, love it.  It will cost them given any trade.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

This would be like Zay Jones demanding a trade except Zay Jones has had a hall of fame career compared to K'Neal.

God bless Jon Gruden/Mike Mayock...what did we get for Jones, a fifth?

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ehh Pats, at this point not much, not to GMs unless you are in their division/conference.  Since Haryr is the one that wants out the immediately lowers his trade value.  If his agent is worth anything he should have forewarned the Pats before that came out.  I did read they were negotiating or at least talking to the PAts for an extended period  of time so I assume they HAD to know.  Belichek digging in his heels, letting his ego get involved, love it.  It will cost them given any trade.

Good point, them not dealing with this in house does weaken his trade value.

Either this was badly handled or they really don't want to let him go.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Just looked up his stats last year, he had basically half as many yard as a RB and less than a guy who was out for 10 games. He is not a good WR and if we for some reason ended up with him he would no better than our 7th reciever