Pats* WR Harry requesting a trade

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

as far as Harry goes who would want him? Maybe trade with a team who has a badly underperforming first round pick? 

I threw a few teams out above. Atlanta makes some sense to me, Washington too. Baltimore might have but they drafted Bateman to fill that big slot role so maybe not. He doesn't have much value though. Future day 3 pick I think. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I threw a few teams out above. Atlanta makes some sense to me, Washington too. Baltimore might have but they drafted Bateman to fill that big slot role so maybe not. He doesn't have much value though. Future day 3 pick I think. 

Oh I am thinking tops be a 6th round pick.  That’s why I said maybe swap disappointing picks.  Give BB an underperforming CB and you get our underperforming WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

35,004 posts in and I think this might be your best yet 😆. I actually spat out my tea when laughing. 

Cheers!!  Have another spot!

The same people that say BB is nothing without Brady are the same who point out Brady was a nobody that even BB passed on 6 times before he "made" Brady.

I liked the page 1 post that (for some reason) suggested that Andy Reid will end up with more wins than BB...ummmm, ok.  But back to WR  Harry....

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I dunno about that....would be a nice thought but Andy (196) needs over 100 wins to catch BB (311) even if BB does nothing!!!

Reid has 221 but it will still be a tall hill.

Reid is 6 years younger, though, with Mahomes in his prime, while Belichick is at the tail end of his career without a top notch QB. 17 games a season also provides more of a chance to catch up. 

23 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

With the 32nd pick in the NFL Draft the New England Patriots select N'Keal Harry. 😕

In the same draft we have:

Deebo Samuel @ 36

AJ Brown @ 51

DK Metcalf @ 64

Terry McLaurin @ 76

😂😂😂😂

The Pats should contact the Titans or Seahawks and offer to trade.  BB would want something else thrown in of course since Harry was drafted earlier, and by BB, so he is obviously better.  

Sure, that'll work.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Two things can be true at once:

1) without Brady, the Pats would never have become the dynasty they were

AND

2) Bill Belichick**** is a very very good football coach.

Take him and take the Pats**** lightly at your peril

What he may not be, is a capable GM/college scout/pro personnel evaluator AND coach.  Even if you're well above average at 3 jobs, by the time you're adding 3 jobs together you may not have the time to give it.

Then there's also the "ruthless in pursuit of a competitive advantage" thing

If BB was half as good a GM as he is a coach, the rest of the league could just play for second place.  He'd still cheat of course.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Reid has 221 but it will still be a tall hill.

Reid is 6 years younger, though, with Mahomes in his prime, while Belichick is at the tail end of his career without a top notch QB. 17 games a season also provides more of a chance to catch up. 

A very very tall hill.  I do stand corrected....one search yielded 196 wins, one 221.  Weird.

Personally I do not see Andy coaching all that much more.......dude is carrying around way way way way too much extra weight to be going for another 6+ years and in that time frame as BB has shown he will pad those numbers even more......until he retires....

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is a very good point.  Imagine how many SBs Bill Walsh would have won with a 2020 Cam Newton!

In 1981 (Walsh's first SB) 2020 Cam Newton would have led the league in completion% and finished 12th in YPA.

19 hours ago, Putin said:

Get him on your fantasy team you’ll make a killing 

He's career isn't over and BB is known for snubbing players.  I think he could still have a good career, doesn't mean he's a fantasy monster.  

22 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

It was a terrible pick, and I love it.

Maybe he and Zay Jones can try to find teams with 'real QBs'. Clearly that is the issue with both. 😄

I've been waiting for someone to bring up Zay Jones.

Good thing Gruden has "re-ignited his love of football" to the tune of 14 receptions for 154 yds

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/las-vegas-raiders-wide-receiver-zay-jones-re-sparked-love-of-football-head-coach-jon-gruden

Ultimately, sometimes a player needs a couple of years to bounce back and fix their mentality when it comes to the game of football. As much as physical play on the field is important, that can’t happen without the right mindset.

I'm sure getting traded will help Harry, just as it will turn out to have helped Zay now that his 34 receptions for 301 yds in 2 seasons are under his belt.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

In 1981 (Walsh's first SB) 2020 Cam Newton would have led the league in completion% and finished 12th in YPA.

That’s nice.  He would be 17th in yards and 27th in TDs. 

No chance.

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

*13th in TDs

one behind Joe Montana I believe

Stop.  He had 8 passing TDs.  Walsh wasn’t going to run his QB 137 times.

The topic is how many SBs that pair could have won.  Your highlighting his mediocre stats  (even for those days) really doesn’t advance whatever point you’re trying to make. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stop.  He had 8 passing TDs.  Walsh wasn’t going to run his QB 137 times.

The topic is how many SBs that pair could have won.  Your highlighting his mediocre stats  (even for those days) really doesn’t advance whatever point you’re trying to make. 

Actually the larger point is the endless Brady/Belichick debate. And bringing up Cam Newton 2020 edition is nothing but a deflection from a pretty definitive point in Brady's favor this past season.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Actually the larger point is the endless Brady/Belichick debate. And bringing up Cam Newton 2020 edition is nothing but a deflection from a pretty definitive point in Brady's favor this past season.

The point is the best HC's in NFL history have always depended on great QBs. That doesn't even need to be said. 

Yet BB won a SB with Brady off the bench in 2001.  He won another 2 years later without a top 5 QB.   Repeated the next year with a 10th ranked QB.  That's 3 SB (in 4 years) right there without dominant QB play.

NE won 4 of it's 6 Brady/BB era SBs with Brady as the only future HOF'er on the field for Offense. 

Brady is gone and a broken down Cam Newton is his replacement and NE doesn't make the playoffs.  Shocking.  But I'll ask again, how many SBs does an undeniably great coach like Walsh win with Cam Newton?  At least 1, right?

• Haha (+1) 1