Pats* WR Harry requesting a trade

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

So these grown ass men  signed and NEVER got the 411 on BB? Ha ha  Nah why would they not do their homework on where they are signing first..ha ha

This a joke. Ha ha 

I mean, maybe they wanted to play for Brady and NE.  Or, maybe NE offered them the best deal by a bit and they figured "Money Changes Everything"

Jonnu Smith signed a $50M contract with $31.25M guaranteed (paid in 3 years)

Hunter Henry signed a $37.5M contract with $25M guaranteed (paid in the 1st 2 years)

They were by far the most expensive TE in FA, top-10 for guaranteed money (Smith top-5) and top-15 for FA AAV overall.

That's life-changing $$, and it's hardly the sort of deal NE used to get where guys would take a discount because they wanted a shot to be on that team.

I think that's kind of the point.

In addition, as I noted, signing up to be short passing game TE option on a run-heavy team figures to be a stat-building situation for a TE, but a stat-sapping situation for a deep threat WR

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Henry and Smith are "top end" TE's?  You could make the argument for Henry being top 10, but Smith has never averaged more than 30 yards per game in his career.  He averaged 5 yards per game more than Knox did in 2020.

Yeah, in terms of YPG for a TE I think Henry was #9 last season and Smith is #22 or something.  But unless I mistake, Smith's strong suit is his blocking abilities which are very solid, while his pass-catching is just good enough that you better pay attention to him or he'll burn ya.

Yeah.. they might give it to him, simply because it’s more than cutting him.

if take a flyer on him for the PS, not sold he’s any better than the guys at the bottom of this roster.  Would have to thinks he would be NO BETTER than #4 here, that’s assuming he made progress.

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He is requesting a trade because it is doubtful if he makes their 53 man roster this year, nothing to read into it about their QB situation.

New England did go for WRs in free agency, but if this guy is afraid to compete against Agholor and Bourne,  fogettaboutit.

5 hours ago, CommonCents said:

You’re doing it wrong Harry. You struggle getting off the LOS, ask for a free release not a trade. 

The Bills have 2 or 3 WRs that won’t make the 53 which are better options than Harry. 

Another Great pick by the great BB 

40 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I wanted him more than any WR coming out in that draft.  I'd still like to have him.  

Get him on your fantasy team you’ll make a killing 

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

What sense are you making?

Where in this thread have I said anything about winning a championship? 

I am asking, when will you admit that Belichick is overrated? That without Brady the Pats would never have been what they were, and now they are nothing more than a mediocre team with a mediocre coach. Every year Bill’s legacy will grow worse. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

That's what I thought so since you beat me to it, all I have left is the snark I was going to include in my post:

Next thing we'll hear about Harry is he running around naked threatening to jump out a window.  

Cyrus... Cyrus... The cows are calling for you :bag:

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am asking, when will you admit that Belichick is overrated? That without Brady the Pats would never have been what they were, and now they are nothing more than a mediocre team with a mediocre coach. Every year Bill’s legacy will grow worse. 

He's still a great coach.  His draft record isn't so hot and it seems that maybe teams finally stopped gifting them hall of fame talents for day 3 draft picks.

BB is an excellent coach, but you’re not going anywhere without a QB, and BB’s antics aren’t so tolerable when you’re not winning, and you don’t have a top flight QB.

Cam is washed up and AL QB’s  historically have not panned out in the NFL.  It’s funny their other skill players are the best in the NCAA let SEC, but QB, not so much.  Jones even if he works out will need a lot of time to develop.  BB did the best he could by bolstering and relying on short TE and tall WR passes and a running game.  That only allows you to beat average teams.  

I seriously doubt the Pats will have anything more than a 9-8 season which is perfect.  Picking

low enough in the draft to not get a superstar and missing another playoff run.

It is not a good sign when you’re 1st

round WR from last year wants out.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, H2o said:

Just saw this. I mean his QB situation was meh last year, but I think the agent is making his client out to be more than he actually is. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31770745/agent-requests-wr-nkeal-harry-traded-new-england-patriots

:lol:

giphy.gif

Agree. I always thought it was a bizarre pick. Not because Harry doesn't have the talent to play in the NFL, he does, but he is a bad fit for an E-P spread style offense like the one New England have run in the Brady era and the one Daboll has now installed in Buffalo that really requires guys who can separate early in routes. There are still NFL schemes where the skillset of a Harry type can work. I think he could play in the Arthur Smith version of the stretch zone WCO and be reasonably successful, I actually think he could play as a big slot in the Greg Roman scheme too or possibly in the Scott Turner offense in Washington which traditionally from his dad has liked bigger bodies outside (and Fitz has had success with that type of player). I am not surprised it hasn't worked in New England. Just never felt like a scheme fit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

2 things:

1. When it's all said and done, Andy Reid will have more career wins than Belichick

2. Harry is just upset because his rookie QB looks like a middle aged congressman smoking a cigar in a tweed jacket

I dunno about that....would be a nice thought but Andy (196) needs over 100 wins to catch BB (311) even if BB does nothing!!!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

He's still a great coach.  His draft record isn't so hot and it seems that maybe teams finally stopped gifting them hall of fame talents for day 3 draft picks.

He has made a couple of great decisions like Brady over Bledsoe after Bledsoe healed. His best coaching might have been a season in Cleveland. Even then though, he was surrounded by people who would go on to show they are pretty darn good themselves at coaching and finding players.