Pats* WR Harry requesting a trade

21 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

With the 32nd pick in the NFL Draft the New England Patriots select N'Keal Harry. 😕

In the same draft we have:

Deebo Samuel @ 36

AJ Brown @ 51

DK Metcalf @ 64

Terry McLaurin @ 76

😂😂😂😂

For what it's worth, Harry was rated just as good, if not better, of a prospect as any of them. But I do love the way this has shaken out for the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

"Straight-Line" Harry thinks he can get a better opportunity somewhere else-- and he may be right. But, there aren't too many WR corps currently worse than the Pats*, where Harry projects... third, or fourth down the depth chart? Maybe he could do better in Detroit with a reincarnation of Jared Goff throwing long bombs that Harry won't have to cut too sharply? Hard to be a top receiver on any team if you have neither high-end speed, or an ability to cut to get separation. 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

2. Harry is just upset because his rookie QB looks like a middle aged congressman smoking a cigar in a tweed jacket

Are you sure it really wasn't Kraft running a football fantasy camp for members of Congress?  Making friends, in case things get out of hand? 🤔

😁

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had the impression Harry was targetted infrequently because he was struggling to get open

It doesn't help that he only caught 50% and 57.9% of his targets, either.

This sort of reminds me of Sammy Watkins in B'lo demanding more targets.  In hindsight, Sammy Watkins acknowledges that he himself was the cause of many of his struggles here - that he wasn't in the playbook, wasn't working hard in practice, wasn't following the rehab programs the doctors and trainers laid out for him.

You're bringing logic and reason to the conversation.  I just want to push a magic button so that the Pats can go ***** themselves

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Trolling text I just sent to a friend who is a Pats* fan:

The Pats* aren't going to miss N'Keal "Straight-Line" Harry-- Cam can't throw in a straight line anyway. Although, Mac & Cheese's long arcs that lose velocity, and fall out of the sky would've been perfect for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

Seems he knows he will not be getting much of any opportunities once again with Cam (as of now) at QB. Likely doesn't feel too confident Jones would be too much better LOL.

Seriously though, I don't know...but that actually might have a little something to do with it. Either way, I hope they crumble for a long time and I will enjoy every minute of it if so.

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He is requesting a trade because it is doubtful if he makes their 53 man roster this year, nothing to read into it about their QB situation.

Logic doesnt check out.  Why would he want a trade when he can hand pick where he goes post cut?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You're bringing logic and reason to the conversation.  I just want to push a magic button so that the Pats can go ***** themselves

More, and more, I am coming to the conclusion that no magic button is necessary. The Pats* seem to be F-ing themselves all on their own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

"Straight-Line" Harry thinks he can get a better opportunity somewhere else-- and he may be right. But, there aren't too many WR corps currently worse than the Pats*, where Harry projects... third, or fourth down the depth chart? Maybe he could do better in Detroit with a reincarnation of Jared Goff throwing long bombs that Harry won't have to cut too sharply? Hard to be a top receiver on any team if you have neither high-end speed, or an ability to cut to get separation. 

Atlanta could be interesting.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For what it's worth, Harry was rated just as good, if not better, of a prospect as any of them. But I do love the way this has shaken out for the Pats.

Exactly. The draft is a crap shoot every year. But, the fact this faux pas is happening to the Pats is sooooooooo sweet. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He reminds me of Zay Jones, a WR from Eastern NC, that we drafted who was "unstoppable" in college and whose game did not translate to the pros.

I remember when we drafted him, the media punditry called him the "most NFL-ready WR in the draft," which really translated to "entered the NFL at his ceiling."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1