Best Summer Movies of all-time?

BillsPride12

The Sandlot no doubt.

Meatballs Part 2 (actually any of them yet this movie is the one in series remember the most) as I really enjoyed summer camp as a kid. 

Adventureland as who can't remember having a less than spectacular summer working at a less than fun job. 

As I grew older Almost Famous kind of does even though not sure it takes place in the summer but the no school vibe and hanging with friends gives it that feel.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Stealing Home, a little known Mark Harmon/Jodi Foster movie from the late 80's. At the beginning, Foster's character has committed suicide and left her ashes to Harmon's character to dispose of. The movie is mostly a flashback of their relationship focusing around baseball and summers at the beach as Harmon grows from child through adolescence to adult. Foster is a few years older than Harmon and was his babysitter/mentor. Harmon struggles to find the appropriate way to dispose of the ashes while being pressured by Foster's parents to do something he knows she would not want. While the plot sounds like a tear jerker it really isn't, the sad stuff all happens before the movie starts.

Edited by Steve O

15 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Stealing Home, a little known Mark Harmon/Jodi Foster movie from the late 80's. At the beginning, Foster's character has committed suicide and left her ashes to Harmon's character to dispose of. The movie is mostly a flashback of their relationship focusing around baseball and summers at the beach as Harmon grows from child through adolescence to adult. Foster is a few years older than Harmon and was his babysitter/mentor. Harmon struggles to find the appropriate way to dispose of the ashes while being pressured by Foster's parents to do something he knows she would not want. While the plot sounds like a tear jerker it really isn't, the sad stuff all happens before the movie starts.

Oh now that you mentioned Mark Harmon it made me think of Summer School. 

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Oh, dear lord, what is wrong with you people?! 🤨

"Hooper drives the boat, Chief..."

(I didn't say it was a good  summer...)

Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The Sandlot no doubt.

Meatballs Part 2 (actually any of them yet this movie is the one in series remember the most) as I really enjoyed summer camp as a kid. 

Adventureland as who can't remember having a less than spectacular summer working at a less than fun job. 

As I grew older Almost Famous kind of does even though not sure it takes place in the summer but the no school vibe and hanging with friends gives it that feel.

Great call on Adventureland!  I love Almost Famous but for me personally I don't really equate it with Summer Vibes but I can see your point

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Stand By Me

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

American Pie

Stand By Me great choice!  I debated putting Fast Times at Ridgemont High on my list but ultimately with them being in school it feels more like a Fall-ish kinda movie to me even though it took place in Cali

• Thank you (+1) 1

Friday the 13th qualifies being that its at Camp Crystal Lake. Swimming in the lake is a summer activity. With Jason killing everybody it might be difficult to think of it as a summer time movie.

Edited by Greg S

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.