Wendy’s has the absolute worst French fries

Brennan Huff

On 7/5/2021 at 11:29 PM, Brennan Huff said:

I try not to eat fast food all that often. Tonight I went through the Wendy’s drive thru. Their fries are awful. Their nuggets aren’t half bad though. McDonald is still king for fries and nuggets..

You called it! Wendy’s is changing its fries.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/business/wendys-new-french-fries/index.html

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You called it! Wendy’s is changing its fries.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/business/wendys-new-french-fries/index.html

Cashing in on the recent environmental awareness, they're dropping sea salt as a seasoning, and reclaiming salt from chemical refinery settling ponds. 🤔

EDIT:  Try our new soy-lent patties!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Menu addition!
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Cashing in on the recent environmental awareness, they're dropping sea salt as a seasoning, and reclaiming salt from chemical refinery settling ponds. 🤔

EDIT:  Try our new soy-lent patties!

I am so glad you are a taste tester,  I hate when they test on animals.

I do think new recipe might have some side effects from your post though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2021 at 11:29 PM, Brennan Huff said:

I try not to eat fast food all that often. Tonight I went through the Wendy’s drive thru. Their fries are awful. Their nuggets aren’t half bad though. McDonald is still king for fries and nuggets..

wow— did you inspire this? Crispy fries now guaranteed!! 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/wendys-launches-hot-crispy-fry-guarantee-to-take-a-stand-against-soggy-fries-exclusive-120054058.html

• 2 weeks later...

Worst fries, bar none, are at 5 Guys.

That brown paper bag, turning translucent with grease, and everything in it, is just disgusting.

Any DC people here?  Best fries I've ever had (consistently) were at Bistro Du Coin in DuPont Circle.  That restaurants is awesome.  By far my favorite place to eat in DC.

• Disagree 1

On 10/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, Nextmanup said:

That brown paper bag, turning translucent with grease, and everything in it, is just disgusting.

Any DC people here?  Best fries I've ever had (consistently) were at Bistro Du Coin in DuPont Circle.  That restaurants is awesome.  By far my favorite place to eat in DC.

5 Guys literally has the best fries…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Their fries are great BUT I went in there the other day: bacon cheeseburger, smallest fries, and smallest drink, only $20 and some change wtf.

That's nucking futs.  

I went to the Titans game and their regular burgers were $16.00.  It was equivalent to McDonald's.  Burger, fries and drink times 2 for me and my son....$54.00

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's nucking futs.  

I went to the Titans game and their regular burgers were $16.00.  It was equivalent to McDonald's.  Burger, fries and drink times 2 for me and my son....$54.00

Okay that's... Cray cray... But food at a game always is.  Why they would love to get rid of tailgating and get their meat hooks in on the parking and food $$... Why should the local supermarkets make the $$?

Hard in a town like BFLo where being a  "Sweater Wearer & Cooler Dragger" is a birthright. 

Remember bringing food into an amusement park... No Bueno in the modern era... You wanna eat out of a cooler? Take it to the picnic table next to the dumpsters in the parking lot... No way you're dragging that through the park like the old days. Can't say I blame them,  the park would be a mess.  It ain't like the old days.  Just check out the stadium lots in OrchardPark on Monday after a game, you can probably feed a 3rd World country today. 

/SorryIDigressFromTheOriginalTopic 😉 

Go Wendy's fries!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Okay that's... Cray cray... But food at a game always is.  Why they would love to get rid of tailgating and get their meat hooks in on the parking and food $$... Why should the local supermarkets make the $$?

Hard in a town like BFLo we're being a  "Sweater Wearers & Cooler Dragger" is a birthright. 

Remember bringing food into an amusement park... No Bueno in the modern era... You wanna eat out of a cooler? Take it the picnic table next to the dumpsters in the parking lot... No way you're dragging that through the park like the old days. Can't say I blame them,  the park would be a mess.  It ain't like the old days.  Just check out the stadium lots in OrchardPark on Monday after a game, you can probably feed a 3rd World country today. 

/SorryIDigressFromTheOriginalTopic 😉 

Go Wendy's fries!

Ugh....you supporting Wendy's fries ruins your post.  Gross.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Their fries are great BUT I went in there the other day: bacon cheeseburger, smallest fries, and smallest drink, only $20 and some change wtf.

I don't consider Five Guys fast food. Don't expect to pay fast food prices.

On 10/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Nextmanup said:

You're nuts. Their cajun fries are the best you can get at any joint. Screw your French fries.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rico said:

I remember when diners and cafes served reasonably priced greasy food everywhere you went. We still have the basic fast food places, but the health food craze reduced burger joints greatly. I’ll take a burger place over almost anything, but I also think a simple burger and fries should be relatively inexpensive. It blows my mind what people in the suburbs are willing to spend on a cheap burger you could find at Woolworth’s for dirt cheap in the day. 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They're still gross!

I actually thought they’re worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.