Wendy’s has the absolute worst French fries

Brennan Huff

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

My only food poisoning experience was at a Ruby Tuesday's in Saratoga Springs, NY.  

August 29, 1999 ... my then-girlfriend (subsequent ex-wife) and I had a bit to eat before attending the Alanis Morrissette/Tori Amos concert.  I had a chicken sandwich and I thought it was a little undercooked, but not "raw," per se.  I ate it.

Next day was brutal (mostly puking).

My own fault.  But I never ate at a Ruby Tuesday's again.

I only have ever had one case of food poisoning myself. I was a Junior Achievement coordinator, the kids did a great job, and when it was over, we took them out to dinner to celebrate…. they picked a local Chinese restaurant. I ordered shrimp and cashews, because I love them both. I was sick for 4 days (stayed home the 1st 2), and since then I have never eaten Oriental food again. :thumbdown:

Worst for me was diner in CA. Got the oil changed at a Saturn dealer  (was early 2000s) and ate an omelet at the diner across the street at about 9 AM. About noon Im shopping  and looking up at the shelves and everything starts spinning.   Made my way to the Taco Bell next door and ask for water. No help. Tell the counter  help that I had eaten nothing  there and I might have food poisoning  and stagger to the john and ralph. The FD happened to be just behind the plaza and were there  in literally a minute. Fireman comes in  ,looks at the john, and says "food poisoning". 

Ask if i wanted to go to the ER, so they transport me.  Two weeks earlier, I had sliced a finger cutting a bagel and the doc looks at ny records and asks if I was there for the frequent flyer miles! Stayed 3 hours  and didn't have any relatives in CA or neighbor's phone # s, so I had to take a cab home. Next day I had to get the neighbor to drive me to get my car.

I do renumber it was the year the Diamondbacks won the World Series as I was watching the game while recuperating in the ER.

Edited by Wacka

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

My only food poisoning experience was at a Ruby Tuesday's in Saratoga Springs, NY.  

August 29, 1999 ... my then-girlfriend (subsequent ex-wife) and I had a bit to eat before attending the Alanis Morrissette/Tori Amos concert.  I had a chicken sandwich and I thought it was a little undercooked, but not "raw," per se.  I ate it.

Funny you mention Ruby Tuesday’s. We were visiting Boston one time and I met with an old friend from WNY for lunch at the Union Oyster House, established 1826. I had a fried clam sandwich which was apparently left over from the grand opening which Samuel Adams attended. 

The wife picks me up a bit later and my stomach is having issues. Hard to describe, but it felt like putting some food on it might help. We stopped at a random Ruby Tuesday’s because it was there.  HUGE mistake! 

That night her co-worker was going to take us to the nicest restaurant (according to him) in Boston. (He may or may not have been planning  to expense this as a client or prospect.) We get there and all I can order is ginger ale. Soon I find myself laying on the floor in the men’s room. The maitre de orders me a cab so I can return to the hotel. The taxi driver discovers my condition and tries got drop me off at A hotel, not MY hotel. I refuse to get out, promise to put the window down and be good. He gets me to MY hotel. 

I listened to the Duke/UNLV National Championship basketball game from the cool tile floor of the hotel room while intermittently violently blowing every bit of clam sandwich and Ruby Tuesday food in every direction. The extra ammo was a huge mistake.  :sick:  🤮

Last trip to Boston I made a point of finding that rancid clam joint and facing my fears. (See phobia thread.) I had wine, passed on the clams. Half way there.  🤷‍♂️

On 7/12/2021 at 6:00 AM, Brennan Huff said:

They sound good, but failed to execute. The worst fries in all of fast food. Major chains only. I have no idea what the fries at Hardee’s taste like

Hardees are very good too.

But Wendy's new fresh cut w sea salt are the best ever. For major chain fast food ff only.

The Chicago area Chicago style hot dog joints FF's are better than any.

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

Last trip to Boston I made a point of finding that rancid clam joint and facing my fears. (See phobia thread.) I had wine, passed on the clams. Half way there.  🤷‍♂️

I thought you were going to say you served the civil lawsuit papers on them.

Worst for me was a Mayonnaise based sandwich at the Hyderabad airport in India. Felt it on the flight to Bengaluru. Threw up for two days after.

Stateside is TGI Fridays on City Line Drive in Pennsylvania. I had explosive diarrhea before we left. Nearly ***** my pants in the parking lot.

I ran back into the restaurant toward the bathroom taking no prisoners. Staff seemed to think this was normal.

Have not eaten there since. Left my underwear in the garbage can.

Would not recommend.

Best curly fries I had were at a place called Jimmy's drive-in in the 60s. Was located at Wherle and Transit (where Wendy's is). They also had one where Kensington, Wherle and Harlem meet. Might've been because you could match them being  shaped. 

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Worst for me was a Mayonnaise based sandwich at the Hyderabad airport in India. Felt it on the flight to Bengaluru. Threw up for two days after.

Stateside is TGI Fridays on City Line Drive in Pennsylvania. I had explosive diarrhea before we left. Nearly ***** my pants in the parking lot.

I ran back into the restaurant toward the bathroom taking no prisoners. Staff seemed to think this was normal.

Have not eaten there since. Left my underwear in the garbage can.

Would not recommend.

I’m not sure whether I should thank you for the bolded, or mention that I had already pretty much made up my mind on that one.   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

The best actual fast food burger 🍔 and fries 🍟 is in and out burger, 

Five guys is a notable step above “fast food”

On 7/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Mayo based the same way that a hamburger is a beef based sandwich?  Or was it just some sandwich smothered in mayo?  I'm not even sure why someone would buy the first option... but then again, to me mayo is vile.

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The best actual fast food burger 🍔 and fries 🍟 is in and out burger, 

Five guys is a notable step above “fast food”

I’ve never had In and Out and unfortunately I probably never will. I have a buddy whose sister lives in California and whenever he flies out to visit her he said that’s the first thing he does. Five Guys is the ***** though. Everything there is 🔥

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’ve never had In and Out and unfortunately I probably never will. I have a buddy whose sister lives in California and whenever he flies out to visit her he said that’s the first thing he does. Five Guys is the ***** though. Everything there is 🔥

In & out is quite good, so is five guys, although they are different from each other, a thumbs up to both. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, Gugny said:

Have you seen Alanis Morissette/Tori Amos in concert since?

Did you positively rule out the Alanis Morissette/Tori Amos connection?  I wouldn't be so quick to judge the undercooked chicken sandwich @ Ruby Tuesday's. I'd try Ruby Tuesday's again, just to see if you get sick. LoL... 😉😜

On 7/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, shrader said:

Mayo based the same way that a hamburger is a beef based sandwich?  Or was it just some sandwich smothered in mayo?  I'm not even sure why someone would buy the first option... but then again, to me mayo is vile.

No it was a veggie sandwich with a cole slaw like substance as the bulk. My party did go to a McDonalds in India, it was cool being in a McDonalds without any burger selections. Mostly chicken or veggie offerings. And the McDonalds was slightly swanky compared to what we see in North America.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:16 AM, Don Otreply said:

In & out is quite good, so is five guys, although they are different from each other, a thumbs up to both. 

When I have gone west, I have made some very out of the way excursions to hit up in and out. Once ate lunch there at an Arizona one at 10:30 am, when it opened, since it was my only chance before heading to sedona. Another time in LA, I walked like 3 miles through a sketchy neighborhood to one. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'In-N-Out Burger' sounds too much like what can potentially happen when eating fast food in a place away from home. 🤔😳

😁

An important factor is the time elapsed between the “in” and the “out” of the burger. Velocity also comes into consideration. 

Wait, this is about french fries, right? Give me some salt and vinegar, thank you very much. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.